Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 11:49:02 AM EDT
That some of my brothers in arms hold views that all Muslims, Arabs, are evil terrorists and that the loss of a couple hundred of 'em in an accidental bombing (as was recently reported, a mistaken air raid on a wedding kills 250, wounds hundreds of others) is 'good riddance'. This, to me at least, is very dissapointing. If you have a basket of rotten tomatoes in need of throwing, there are a lot of other perfectly good targets:

[img]http://www.cyberpresse.ca/reseau/monde/0205/images/12a8f07_1.jpg[/img]

So please. Have some compassion, and some common sense.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You disturb easily.  Gonna hang here you'll end up being disturbed a lot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it seems sad, but...shit happens!

I'm sure if they killed a bunch of womenz, they certainly didn't mean to.

Could it be that a mistake was made?

Geez, that could never happen.

Seems we blew up China's embassy once accidently, so again I say "shit happens".

Cheers
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#4]
those 250 were not inicent.  no one is inocent.  just less guilty thats all.  shoot em all and let God sort it out. i am not losing sleep
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
"They were collaborators"...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys (the last two) show exactly the kind of attitude that dissapoints me. On one hand, there's the middle east. But let's say, hypothetically, that crazy terrorists from, for instance, Britain or Spain made an attack on the US. Is it now justified to say that ALL British or Spanish residents are cannon fodder because they could be "potential" terrorists? Is it now justified to excuse an accidental bombing as "shit happens" and encourage it, letting "God sort it out"???
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:17:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I am troubled by the "kill them all" mentality.

However, sh!t happens in war. We're fighting and our men are risking their lives to liberate their country. Freedom has a price. And accidents happen in war. It ain't like baking a cake.

If the "innocents" were being used as cover by the terrorists, the "innocents" had a duty to risk their lives to fight the terrorists. If they were ALLOWING themselves to be used as a shield by the terrorists, too $#&% bad. They backed the wrong horse.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
oops.... it only killed 30

I guess that's okay then. I can handle 30 down. It's not like it was TWO GODDAMNED HIGH RISE TOWERS FULL OF MOTHERS AND FATHERS OF NOW ORPHANED CHILDREN!!!

How soon they forget in this era of politically correct vomit.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But let's say, hypothetically, that crazy terrorists from, for instance, Britain or Spain made an attack on the US. Is it now justified to say that ALL British or Spanish residents are cannon fodder because they could be "potential" terrorists?
View Quote

HELL YEAH! And while we're over there, might as well bomb those French bastards too, just for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Poo Poo do happen. Remember Grenada? Hell, our guys were shooting each other. ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES, FARMERS, COMMIES everyone was invited. And all I got was a T-Shirt and a membership in the American Legion.

Hey Datamastre, killing civilians is nothing to celebrate, but Poo Poo do happen. Always has, always will. I'll get upset when it's NOT an accident.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
"ummm.... Mr. Badguy??? Hi, I am Suzy Softheart representing the Liberal Love for World Peace and Unity Foundation for Ethnic, Religious, Mental, and Sexual Freedom. We just want to say that we understand. We care about you. And, we don't want you to feel like it's your fault."
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And accidents happen in war. It ain't like baking a cake.
View Quote

HEY! Accidents happen when you bake too, you insensitive b*st*rd!

Have some compassion.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Have some compassion.
View Quote

Fatal accidents????

You must be "baking" some serious $#!+.

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I also do not subscribe to the "kill them all" school. It sounds like this was a terrible accident in a war zone. My prayers are with the families.

-legrue
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Have some compassion.
View Quote

Fatal accidents????

You must be "baking" some serious $#!+.

[:D]

View Quote

Oh sure, now you qualify it!

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess it is insensitive to not show compassion to the people killed (apparently by mistake)

But I can also relate to some of the sentiment.  There have been a hell of a lot of terrorist acts (hijackings, bombings, two big attacks against the world trade center)...AN AWEFUL LOT.... of terrorist attacks where the persons involved were muslim extremists.
I don't know why that is, but that is fact.  Every day another one does an israel suicide bombing.  I may be wrong but that sure has become a pattern for disaster.  It isn't Spanairds or Swedes it is arabic muslims.  

I wish they never did these things.  But they did.... and they still want us dead and aren't afraid to say so.

Unfortunately, these days I am having a hard time feeling sorry for these people.  I would guess some of them probably had some involvement or harbored or assisted terrorists.

Unfortunately,  collateral damage was caused because of actions of their aggressive Jihad brothers.  

It appears that to  a large number of them, we are evil americans, and that the loss of a few thousand or a few hundred thousand of us will be blessed by Allah.

I can't blame too many people for angrily taking the good riddence (sp?) position.  What the heck is it with muslim extremists?  Those bad apples (and it is more than a few) are definetely ruining it for the whole bunch.  And since they do not face us directly I think it is creating some fear and paranoia which results in a "nuke em all" mentality.  How else do we address such an enemy that has such a long standing trail of covert dirty deeds ?

I think some indifference to the plight of these people, in today's terrorist created environment is only human.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Wait, hold the phone here fellas.

I am disturbed as well.  I ask you this...

What the heck are 300+ men and women doing firing weapons into the air when they should be out in the hills ridding 'their' country of terrorists!

These are not 'innocent' civies we are talking about here.  These are men and women who are shirking their responsibility to rid their country of terrorists.  They obviously have the weapons, and the US to support them, so why are they just blasting away at nothing... hmmmm...

Maybe they are not out helping the US 'defend' their land because they are NOT on our side to begin with?

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I think we really need to get all the facts before we go whining about poor innocents. I am hearing LOTS of conflicting and sketchy info on this incident.

I refuse to either condemn or condone the actions of the alledgedly involved U.S. military forces until all the facts are in.

And now that I've thought about it for a couple of seconds, I really doubt that I will ever really get all the facts from the media anyway.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes accidents do happen. Evidently we are not the only ones that make mistakes.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/south_asia/newsid_2059000/2059837.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#20]
As it turns out coalition forces were conducting an operation near by and their air cover took hostle SAM fire from a position close to where the the supposed friendly fire incident happened (Fox News) I wouldn't doubt but if they were firing at the aircraft too in an opium induced brain fart.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You guys (the last two) show exactly the kind of attitude that dissapoints me. On one hand, there's the middle east. But let's say, hypothetically, that crazy terrorists from, for instance, Britain or Spain made an attack on the US. Is it now justified to say that ALL British or Spanish residents are cannon fodder because they could be "potential" terrorists? Is it now justified to excuse an accidental bombing as "shit happens" and encourage it, letting "God sort it out"???
View Quote

Quit trying to play the race card poopy face. There was just as much hate for Germans during WWII.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Go read the Koran and the Hadith, then come back and tell me how cutsy-puffy these people are...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#24]
A tragedy for sure.  On the brighter side, the deceased men are now with Allah screwing virgins and eating honied cakes.  I have not heard what happens to female muslims when they die.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#25]
2 words for you:  Colateral Damage!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
those 250 were not inicent.  no one is inocent.  just less guilty thats all.  shoot em all and let God sort it out. i am not losing sleep
View Quote

Yep you are a kid for sure....no wonder your dad did not let you go to the ETH shoot.....
I just hope that when/if you grow up and have children of your own you will have far far different views on life....and death.

When you have kids of your own you will loose sleep many a night worrying about their welfare.  I am certain that afgan parents do so as well....I am certain that Even YOUR parents do so....

To be so callous about the killing of innocent civilians is nothing short of ghastly.

If you care; please say that about the 4 Canadians your Jet Jockey MURDERED!!

( Note I do not actually think that it was a murder but in this case I will argue the point)

Oh BTW it not Inicent nor inocent...its innocent

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Kill them all?  That's seems excessive.  Killing 10X our casualties would be a good number to start with though. :-)  That would get the point across.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep you are a kid for sure....no wonder your dad did not let you go to the ETH shoot.....
I just hope that when/if you grow up and have children of your own you will have far far different views on life....and .

When you have kids of your own you will loose sleep many a night worrying about their welfare.  I am certain that afgan parents do so as well....I am certain that Even YOUR parents do so....

To be so callous about the  of  civilians is nothing short of ghastly.

If you care; please say that about the 4 Canadians your Jet Jockey ED!!

( Note I do not actually think that it was a  but in this case I will argue the point)

Oh BTW it not Inicent nor inocent...its

View Quote

no one is inocent.  like i said before, just less guilty.  besides, were you there?  does anyone know if they are or are not ist?  can you trust what the media said about it?  oh well, accedents happen. sometimes there for better or for worse (pun not intended).  lighten up.  we all die in the end.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#29]
and another thing.  attacking my dad's decition to not let me go to the shoot is over the line.  he did this because as he sees it, "a teen going to some farm in the middle of no where with guns to meet people over the net.  i dont think so.   not to mention there will probly be booze there, and as we all know booze and guns dont mix.  maybe when there is a shoot at a range when i can go to"  

therefore as you can see, my dad did not say i could not go because of my opinion, but because of safty issues.  i am welcome to my opinions as is everyone.  and you are welcome to state your opinions.  but when you involve my dad's athority its over the line.    

anyway....moving on.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Kill them all?  That's seems excessive.  Killing 10X our casualties would be a good number to start with though. :-)  That would get the point across.
View Quote

[b]SpentCasing[/b], you sure you haven't been watching Swordfish the whole day? [}:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been pretty angry at all the anti-muslim sentiment as well. I think a majority of the people here are not totally anti-muslim. The ones that are just seem to have the strongest opinions.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Citabria....

Nothing I said was intended to insult your father..

As a matter of fact I applaud his decision to keep you home....ITS A GOOD THING TO DO!!

Cheers...

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Poo Poo do happen. Remember Grenada? Hell, our guys were shooting each other. ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES, FARMERS, COMMIES everyone was invited. And all I got was a T-Shirt and a membership in the American Legion.

Hey Datamastre, killing civilians is nothing to celebrate, but Poo Poo do happen. Always has, always will. I'll get upset when it's NOT an accident.

Yep getting pinned down by friendly fire aint much fun...hmmm.... which way do I shoot...hahaha

Joe
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Citabria....

Nothing I said was intended to insult your father..

As a matter of fact I applaud his decision to keep you home....ITS A GOOD THING TO DO!!

Cheers...

View Quote

what is that suposed to mean?   well...it doesnt matter because when i am 18 and am able to come, then i will!
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#36]
A few more Afghans "civillians" were killed? It's a sad thing, but not as sad as thousands of Americans in 2 skyscrapers. Our weapons of war are not perfect. In fact, the Afghans should be praising allah that we chose to use our extremely expensive laser-guided bombs to kill only our selected targets, rather then the old-style carpet-bombing (or just nuking the whole damm country). Remeber, this is War. In War, people die. Since we are such nice people, we try to limit the killing of "civillians" as much as possible, but mistakes will happen. In the end, I am more concerned about a Marine's hangnail or a B2 pilot's paper cut then I am about an Afghan wedding getting blown up.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#37]
If it was me I'd be like Thank You Mr. AC130 gunner for taking me out of this shithole, miserable existence I live in.

Look on the bright side. It makes a good wedding story. Not too many people can say "Dude, and right in the middle of my reception a gunship blew the whole place to shit.....cool"

[img=left]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ac-130-spectre-44.jpg[/img=left]
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A few more Afghans "civillians" were killed? It's a sad thing, but not as sad as thousands of Americans in 2 skyscrapers. Our weapons of war are not perfect. In fact, the Afghans should be praising allah that we chose to use our extremely expensive laser-guided bombs to kill only our selected targets, rather then the old-style carpet-bombing (or just nuking the whole damm country). Remeber, this is War. In War, people die. Since we are such nice people, we try to limit the killing of "civillians" as much as possible, but mistakes will happen. In the end, I am more concerned about a Marine's hangnail or a B2 pilot's paper cut then I am about an Afghan wedding getting blown up.

View Quote

Everything you say would be true IF and only IF the United States were at war with Afganistan.....

As it is THE AFGANS are supposed to be you ALLIES!!!  Its the Al Queda you are after not the Afgan Civilians.

Or from what we have seen in recent months this is how the USA now treats its Allies?
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

what is that suposed to mean?   well...it doesnt matter because when i am 18 and am able to come, then i will!
View Quote

So thats what?? 10 more years??
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#40]
"A tragedy for sure. On the brighter side, the deceased men are now with Allah screwing virgins and eating honied cakes. I have not heard what happens to female muslims when they die. Anyone know?"

Yeah, they join 20 other dead virgins (or however many each asshole is supposed to get) and get screwed by some plo suicide bomber in 'heaven'... what a way to go, I can see why they might rather LIVE even in that shithole...

BTW Storm - attacking someone's post is par for the course here, attacking someone's age is juvenile.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#41]
You are buying off on the enemy's propoganda.  I just read an account indicating that there absoulutely was an AAA gun in the compound where the collaterial damage occurred.  Our guys saw it firing, saw it being covered by a tarp, and saw womena and children being moved into the immediate area.  

That AAA gun is a legit target.  If they want to get their own families shot all to heck, who cares?  Not me.

Have you not read how Saddam hoarded up every dead baby in Iraq for several months so he could bury them all at once and blame the mass funeral on the US sanctions?  

Besides, I don't recall any Afgans looking into all the innocent people killed on Sept 11th.  What goes around comes around.  Stop waisting your tears on them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Slako I merely point out that Cita's post lack any evidence of life experiences.  Which it seems is in FACT due to his limited years.

If he did not post such Asinine posts celebrating the MURDER of innocent women and children I would not have had a problem....

Now on to your post...

How would you feel if I were to mention that according  to the Christian mythology all of the victims of 911 are now in HEAVEN??

I am certain that I would be flamed left right and centre....however that is exactly what you are doing in the case of these innocent civilians.....

Crock...are you now saying that the new government in Afganistan are now the enemy??
Hmmmmm

When did GW reverse his stand on them?  

I for one do not belive all that the Amercian Government has to say on most issues either..

Bottom line is there are dead civilians....could it have been prevented??  Maybe maybe not...

However to actually CELEBRATE the fact is sick and twisted and puts you on the same level as the PLO sickos dancing in the streets on 911.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]
OK, WTF!  When did this board become a haven for bleeding heart, illogical liberal dipshits?   You are worried about this?  You feel sorry for these people?  What the hell is wrong with you?  Do you really have that short of a memory or are you just too goddamned emotional and illogical to see the world as the way it really is?  We are dealing here with a culture who has mothers and sons, just like any other.  However, in this culture, the mothers PRAY that their SONS blow themselves up to KILL AMERICANS and JEWS.  Yet some on this board are worried about the loss of some of these people....and worse yet, have the utter GALL to call these people INNOCENT?!?!  Shame on you.  Shame on your thoughts about this and shame on your ignorance.  You go tell the wives of the good men lost on 9/11 that you think that these people suffered undue harm.

These aren't the germans in WWII.  These aren't the Japanese in WWII and we bombed both endlessly.  No, these are far worse.  These are insidious people that have but one purpose in their life, and it isn't to better themselves.  It isn't to prosper economically.  It isn't to work towards a better world full of peace and happiness, it is only to KILL JEWS and KILL AMERICANS.  And you feel sorry for the loss of people like this?  I could express it more eloquently but the most fitting sentance that comes to mind is "Are you Nucking Futs?"  What the hell is the matter with you?

If we were having this conflict with another civilized society, and said conflict existed because of economic or political differnces, I might just agree with you.  But this is not the case.  We are, instead, dealing with a "society" that wishes for and works for NOTHING but our total destruction....these beliefs being protrayed, as I said before, by even women and THEIR children.

Defending these people, any of them, due to they're guilt from all levels, is illogical and dare I say it...immoral.

Sad but true.  Quit trying to feel good, welcome to the world.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#44]
That's why they call it WAR.[;D]

I'd like to feel sorry for them, but I'm all out of compasion.  I used it all up on AMERICANS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Dakota it is you that have fallen off the trail of logic....

Either that or I missed the point in which GW Bush declared war on the country of Afganistan..

As far as I know this is and was a war against terrorism....

You seem to have unilaterally transformed this into a war against Islam....

You are the one who is Nucking Futs my friend...You are so blinded by your hate that you are becoming that which you are against..

The Terrorists thought NOTHING about killing innocent Americans ( and Canadians BTW) Now here we have YOU saying the same thing.

If you put an Al Queda member in front of me I would have NO compunction what so ever in pulling the trigger on him...

However.....this is NOT the same thing as Killing them all and letting YOUR god sort them out....not by a long shot.

What this war has done is brought forth the ugly side of many Americans......sad very sad for I fear that this is just what the terrorist wanted.

Edited to add...Dakota if you knew ANYTHING outside of the USA you would know now to call Canadian Gun owners Liberal.......it has an entirely different connotation up here.

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#46]
The UN inspected the grounds today and found none of the 40 graves of the supposed wedding party attendees. The crew of the C130 vehemently contends that they were responding to antiaircraft fire. I'll wait until it's over to come to a conclusion but personally I'd believe our guys over a bunch of ragheads anyday.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Deehunter.....

Great post except for the last sentence.

For certain there will be an inquiry.  Hmmm

I wonder if it will be like the one last month about the killing of the 4 Canadian Soldiers??

You know the one where the pilot did not have to testify as to his actions???

If they were standing within 10 km of an active AAA position as has been sugested.....they were idiots. That much is certain.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Dakota it is you that have fallen off the trail of logic....

Either that or I missed the point in which GW Bush declared war on the country of Afganistan..

As far as I know this is and was a war against terrorism....

You seem to have unilaterally transformed this into a war against Islam....

You are the one who is Nucking Futs my friend...You are so blinded by your hate that you are becoming that which you are against..

The Terrorists thought NOTHING about killing innocent Americans ( and Canadians BTW) Now here we have YOU saying the same thing.

If you put an Al Queda member in front of me I would have NO compunction what so ever in pulling the trigger on him...

However.....this is NOT the same thing as Killing them all and letting YOUR god sort them out....not by a long shot.

What this war has done is brought forth the ugly side of many Americans......sad very sad for I fear that this is just what the terrorist wanted.

Edited to add...Dakota if you knew ANYTHING outside of the USA you would know now to call Canadian Gun owners Liberal.......it has an entirely different connotation up here.

View Quote

You know what?  You're right.  I have fallen off of the trail of logic.  Logic would dictate that if 3,000 Americans were killed, the enemy should suffer at least that amount, if not much greater casualties as a deterrent and as a punitive damage.  But no, we lose almost 3,000 Americans, here, on our own soil, thtough abolutely no action or provocation of our own, yet we are worried about the deaths of 40 people who would just as soon we were dead than they were alive.  

Exactly what logic, my friend, do you propose to defend these people and condemn us?  Explain the "logical" principal behind that.  Explain to me, point by point, step by step, the logic of us supposedly being "wrong" in anything we have done.  I await a logical answer.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#49]
How do you KNOW that these civilians were members or supporters of either the Taliban or Al Queda?  I have not seen this on CNN or the BBC for that matter.  Do you have some insight that the rest of the world is not privy too?  Please reveal your source!!!

Once again you have been blinded by rage.....

Understandable...but still not a very positive outlook.

If you want to rave against the Al Queda go right ahead.  If you want Saddams head on a pike...I will help you.

If you want to bomb AAA implacements again...go right ahead.

However...if you make an error and innocent civilians die as a result the least I would expect is that Americans do not revel in the streets.  For if you do you are no better and perhaps a little worse then those we are at war against at the moment.

Oh there are reports of more than 3000 Afgan Civilians have been killed so far.  Mind you I take this number with about a lb of salt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top