Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 11:00:59 AM EDT
OK everyone post what ya did or what you really wanted to do at the farm....personally it was a joy to fire until my barrel smoked...even though the comp on my rifle beat me up...psyren had fun with her mouse gun-intratec 22-and acheived some accurate fire with it...I was impressed by the accuracy of the boys down by the river, and just seeing Arock bringing out the .50 was enough for me....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I missed the night action with tracers and propane, missed the river shooting, and only shot my 9mm about 150 or so rounds... It was HOT.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I put less than 100 rounds combined downrange in the 5 firearmsa that I brought. But, I had a blast riding my sport quad!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Mojo was also calling hits for me and my AR10. I thought he was BSing me when he kept callin out HIT, HIT, HIT....

I really do not shoot that well and I think that did a wonderful job of not letting my jaw hit the floor when that 400 yard tank kept 'gonging'! Life is good.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a blast.  There was nothing that I wanted to do that I did not.

Plinking, target shooting, etc.

Met some new friends, enjoyed everyone's company!

Who could ask for more?

TRG
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]
For everybody who wanted to shoot the .50 you have my apologies.  We'll shoot it next time.  

The only place that gave a good shot at the river was behind the cabin.  We had a good field of fire to 1500 yards.  That meant we'd have to shoot over the main firing line.  So they'd have to shut the main line down and evac the area.

The folks at the firing line down the hill were having too much fun with the propane bottles for me to ask them to stop while we shot.  We were going to take a good while for everybody to get to shoot the AR50.

I brought tracer and spotter/tracer ammo as well as ball and as soon as folks see the spotter/tracer everybody wants to shoot that.  It was a question of how to let the most folks have the most fun and that sort of dialed the .50 out.

Next time we'll set some time aside before we get started so everybody will know when the .50 can shoot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Arock....I didn't want to shoot it I just wanted to look at it......grin.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Please take this in the spirit it is meant...

I hate y'all sumbitches!

Damn, I can't seem to get a kitchen pass for anything lateley

Though I showed her some pics from Bulletfest and she said "that looks like fun".

October what? I gotta go, and I think I'm gonna slip by Pruett's and see if he has that used bushmaster shorty  available.

Sumbitches! Y'all had TOO MUCH FUN! I didn't even make it to the NF range this weekend as it got too late

Please count me in next time.....ain't too far from Houston is it?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The only place that gave a good shot at the river was behind the cabin. We had a good field of fire to 1500 yards.
View Quote

We'll have to keep an eye out for people in the river. There were people down there with a truck and four wheeler just to left of where everyone was shooting at the river on Saturday. They had come down the river from Hwy 6.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We'll have to keep an eye out for people in the river. There were people down there with a truck and four wheeler just to left of where everyone was shooting at the river on Saturday. They had come down the river from Hwy 6.
View Quote

Were they trespassing?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe the river is the end of ETHs property.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
We should get a map of the area with the property lines, so we know what to expect in the future, and where we can "play"...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top