Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Video is gone. Should have watched the news after work instead of surfing ARF.

Will watch tonight for follow up story.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a pit bull.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What you want to bet someone wants to have the dog put down for that.

Declare it a pitbull and put it down
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not a pit bull.

Mastiff.  Close enough.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
It's always a good idea to lean over a dog that doesn't know you.  Next time she should try to rest her chin on the back of the dogs' neck and make a low growl sound.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A Denver television news anchor was injured Wednesday after she was bitten in the face by a dog during a live broadcast.

Kyle Dyer of Denver’s 9NEWS was conducting an interview about the rescue of Max, an 85-pound mastiff that fell through an icy lake Tuesday while chasing a coyote, the Denver Post reported. Firefighter Tyler Sugaski, secured by a life line, put on a wetsuit and ventured onto the ice to pull the dog to safety in a dramatic rescue.
Denver TV Anchor Kyle Dyer Bitten by Rescue Dog During Live Broadcast.

The dog, its owner and Sugaski were all in the studio for a follow-up interview Wednesday morning when the dog lunged and bit Dyer during the live segment. In a video of the incident, Dyer gasps and quickly turns away from the dog, saying “Oh my God!” as the broadcast cuts away to Dyer’s co-anchor, who looks shocked

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tv-anchor-bitten-by-rescue-dog-during-live-broadcast/

That sucks.

Hope she get some good plastic surgery!
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully, they will put the anchor woman down instead of the dog.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

clearly "she" has a dike haircut.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Never touch a dog unless the owners says its ok, and damn sure don't stick your face in front of a dog you don't know.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Dogo Argentino.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]

meh all doggies don't want hugs

fuck reporters

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Is her name pronounce Ky-lee? Like Wiley Coyote?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Now it's gonna be "Smiley Kylee"
-SS
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#16]
If it only weighed 85 lbs, it either wasn't a mastiff, was merely a pup or was an Ethiopian Mastiff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dogo Argentino.

Directed by Dario Argento.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel sorry for her and her family. She is a dog person. Met her at the Furry Scurry (Dog gathering to raise $$ for an animal shelter) several years back. She had a large lab at the time, so I am betting she felt fine around that dog. It was on the news because it was rescued from when it broke through some ice on a "frozen" lake. I am sure since she is a tv person it is being treated much worse than it would be if it were you or I. I can hear the Dr saying, just a couple stitches and you will be fine....
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

clearly "she" has a dike haircut.

well i guess gender confusion could be the culprit....aside from that i'm out of ideas
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Dumb bitch! Dogs in a strange environment and she tries to french it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#22]
a n t h r o m o r p h i c - A long Latin term that basically says that idiot news journalists who don't speak doggy language think that doggies are human beings and loved to be kissed.

I want all the idiots out there to run a test.  Go to just a neighbor's home where there is a dog who knows you.  With the owner's permission, put the dog's face up next to yours and breath on the dog.  Then report back after you get out of the hospital.  

I have two dogs on one side of me and two on the other side.  They can walk in the house, go into the kitchen and get their doggy treats.  I don't  lower myself, breath in their faces and try to kiss them.

This ranks with alligator wrestling.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Domo Arigato, Dogo Argentino.

Domo

Domo

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Domo Arigato, Dogo Argentino.

Domo

Domo

Mister Roboto?

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What you want to bet someone wants to have the dog put down for that.

Declare it a pitbull and put it down

Pit bull was never in that dogs lineage, a lot of other dogs are though.  It was bread to hunt boar.

Video 1

Good and rare quality Natgeo vid.  Bread to be perfect.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
lady is hot, send in the police to take care of the dog
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Happy Valentine's Day *SNAP* oh. oooh...

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Very sad deal, I hope she makes a full recovery.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dogo Argentino.

Directed by Dario Argento.

Filmed on location.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Could have been worse.

Could have been a chimp

I would pay good money to be able to sit back a couple hundred yards and pick off chimps with an m1a.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Fucking Pit Bulls.

Oh...wait.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:23:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Very sad deal, I hope she makes a full recovery.

Yup, and I hope this serves as a lesson for others when dealing with dogs you're unfamiliar with.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fucking Pit Bulls.

Oh...wait.  

It's amazing the excuses they make when it's not a pit bull, eh?
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#35]
poor dog, he'll be licking his ass for the next three days trying to get the taste out of his mouth.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#36]
owner was a retard as well- a) I never let anyone that is a stranger kneel down in front of my dog and b) I never let anyone who is a stranger to my dog put his/her face up to hers.  The owner should have corrected the reporter from the start.  its apparent that he and the reporter are clueless.  
live leak has it and the best part is when they cut to the other anchor––he is like..."ok...ok...everyone remain calm"  

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=15c_1328738485
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#37]
When I read the story from The Sun, they said the dog was quarantined for 10 days (presumably for rabies), but I am not sure that dog will ever get home. Out of the icy water, and into jail.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I am no expert but you can see it in the dog and the tension in the owner. I would no not to touch that dog

but I am having a hard time here with all the she should have never got in the dogs face.
never let people get in your dogs face....

what kind of dogs do you own? is this a desired thing? to have a dog that can be aggressive?

in my house from day one my dogs are messed with and put in all sorts of social settings.
I know for a fact any stranger could walk up to my dog grab her by the nose, ear, tail, or roll her over or get in her face and growl at her
all she would think is wtf? this is the weirdest petting I have ever had.
in public kids and adults run up to them pet them hug them whatever. I trust my dogs 100% its the people I dont trust at all

maybe its a security thing people want. then again I have people in my house and babies and all sorts of children.
how does somebody with a dog like this have any sort of social life?

I dont get it.... maybe somebody can clue me in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
“So you may have seen Kyle get bit by the dog in the 7 a.m. hour. All we know for sure is that he got her on the lip, and she’s being treated for the injury at the hospital,” Shapiro wrote. “We think she’s going to be OK, she was talking when she left.”

Do they really, really think so...derp

it was a freaking nip, not a bite. good lord

From bottom of news article:
Update: Dyer is awake and visiting with family in the hospital, a news release from the Denver Health Medical Center said.

When was she ever "not awake"?

Typical media drama queen nonsense. That wasn't a "bite." If that dog really wanted to bite her, she'd be dead right now.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Both dogs need to be put down.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
 Ban Dogos.....for the children!!!

No it is not a pitbull

Stupid reporter = dead dog

Giving it a different name does not mean it isn't a pitbull-sure looks (and acts) like one to me.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Dogo Argentino's are about the only breed of dog that scare me.

They are just one of many dominant breed dogs. I wouldn't mind one at all.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ban Dogos.....for the children!!!

No it is not a pitbull

Stupid reporter = dead dog

Giving it a different name does not mean it isn't a pitbull-sure looks (and acts) like one to me.

Benjamin Franklin said something about keeping quiet. You should read up on his philosophy.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am no expert but you can see it in the dog and the tension in the owner. I would no not to touch that dog

but I am having a hard time here with all the she should have never got in the dogs face.
never let people get in your dogs face....

what kind of dogs do you own? is this a desired thing? to have a dog that can be aggressive?

in my house from day one my dogs are messed with and put in all sorts of social settings.
I know for a fact any stranger could walk up to my dog grab her by the nose, ear, tail, or roll her over or get in her face and growl at her
all she would think is wtf? this is the weirdest petting I have ever had.
in public kids and adults run up to them pet them hug them whatever. I trust my dogs 100% its the people I dont trust at all

maybe its a security thing people want. then again I have people in my house and babies and all sorts of children.
how does somebody with a dog like this have any sort of social life?

I dont get it.... maybe somebody can clue me in.

You are a fool to trust your dogs.  It might not bite you in the ass but it just as easily could.  My golden retriever jumped up and got a mouth full of hair in his mouth from a little girl that asked if she could pet him. He never did anything agressive before or after that his entire life, he was a damned mellow dopy ass dog.  Something just set his ass off much like the dog in that video.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Don't put your face near a dog that you don't know well.  I guess that is too complicated for some?

Bingo.

When you meet a new dog, they get to sniff my closed fist. That's it.

For damned sure ain't putting my face by its face.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Don't put your face near a dog that you don't know well.  I guess that is too complicated for some?

Affirmative!!

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP .

You are a fool to trust your dogs.  It might not bite you in the ass but it just as easily could.  My golden retriever jumped up and got a mouth full of hair in his mouth from a little girl that asked if she could pet him. He never did anything agressive before or after that his entire life, he was a damned mellow dopy ass dog.  Something just set his ass off much like the dog in that video.

and your dog never once had any aggressive behavior to any person or animal? not once, not at all until that one time? no health problems at that time? medicine nothing?

maybe I am a fool maybe my dogs just as stupid as can be...she really has no clue when another dog is aggressive. everybody is her friend even if they are trying to rip her head off.
when she gets a bit older and calmer she will start being used as a therapy dog. she is already certified for doing stuff at schools. I guess I need to tell all those people they are fools as well.

enough of that...back to the pitbull and associated breeds bashing. lol

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I like the way the black guy goes "ooohhhwww"  and he's got a little half smile at first.  

Silly little bestiality freak.  Why would she try to kiss a dog anyway? It's disgusting.    Even the dog thought so.

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#49]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dogo Argentino's are about the only breed of dog that scare me.

They are just one of many dominant breed dogs. I wouldn't mind one at all.  

I've spent some time with a pack of Dogos while hunting in Argentina.  Well bred, they are a fine animal.  

I fucking abhor the APBT...the Dogo is everything that the APBT should have been.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top