Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 8:17:56 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  Seen Jesse James and West Coast Choppers show on The Discovery Channel again... Talk about some kick ass bikes. I'd thought I would see if anyone else had seen it, and what their thoughts/opinions might be.

I'l love to build something like that. Anyone have expierence chopping bikes?

-Jared

Edited cuz I forgot the link.

[url]www.westcoastchoppers.com[/url]

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
three bikes, one road trip three major breakdowns. can you say harley davidson?

or better yet "watch me bodge a Helicoil into my custom motorcycle engine".

i got to go to the chiropractor because my custom bike has bent my spine into the letter "C" for the last 600 miles.

this guy is an ass clown.

the paint was cool
Shaq is big enough to need a custom bike and it was a cold bike.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Choppers are in the same class as crotch rockets , cool to ride for short distances but a b*tch for long hauls . Oooowwwww me back !
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My 96" S&S stroker custom rigid chopper rides as nice as a softail. I run a 225 r 16 car tire from a firebird on the back with about 15lbs. pressure.  I also have a spring seat. I've built up 5 bikes in the past 10 years 3 of which were from the ground up. I like the way that he makes his own gas tanks and welds them with acetylene instead of a tig torch. I was surprised that he didn't paint "in house".
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
.....and welds them with acetylene instead of a tig torch.
View Quote

why?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey guys,
  Seen Jesse James and West Coast Choppers show on The Discovery Channel again... Talk about some kick ass bikes. I'd thought I would see if anyone else had seen it, and what their thoughts/opinions might be.
View Quote
I love that show. I'll freely admit I don't know shit about bikes (or cars for that matter) but I [b]really[/b] like to have a bike like the Pete Pepe's CFL "Wasp" that Jesse built.
It's one of those things "When I get a real job and start earning some money, then I'll buy one..."
The sad (?) truth is that I'll probably spend all the money on guns instead. Oh well...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
My dad used to say that you get a better weld with acetylene. What he meant was that he would get better penetration and smother weld especially at the beginning and end. Also he said he would get less warpage and it would be less brittle. I think that if he had the same amount of experience with tig he would have been just as good at it. I usually use acetylene on sheet aluminum because it seems faster but if you consider the extra prep and cleanup there's not much difference. My brother always uses tig (he does aircraft maintenance). For thicker aluminum I use a mig. tinmantech.com has info and sells tools and supplies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top