Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 7:32:18 PM EDT
My five year old son got to see X Men on TV the other day and hasn't been able to stop talking about it since. He asked me today why they had a metal detector at the gift shop inside the Statue of Liberty in the finale of the movie (there's a gag where the metal detector goes off after picking up Wolverine's metal skeleton). I told him they put the metal detector there to keep people from bringing guns into the statue.
He asked me why they would want to keep people from bringing guns in and my wife told him they were afraid that bad people might use the guns to hurt someone.
My son popped up "Naw, I think that good people with guns would use them against the bad people."

Grinning from ear to ear, I gave him a quick political philosophy lesson, letting him know I agreed with him.
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me that you are raising your son just right!  You should be very proud!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the little shaver a [beer] alcohol free ofcourse.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Fine boy you got there [b]RikWriter[/b].[^]

Five years old and already wiser than probably half the adult population of this country!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top