Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2002 7:22:59 PM EDT
i have heard that thier have been sevral reports of mountian loins in my county. their have been farmers losing small animals, and a local sheriffs depuity has seen one. hmmm....
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Reports of them in NE Iowa (Allamakee and Clayton Counties) as well.

Time to organize an Iowa Chapter AR15.com Mt. Lion hunt?  [:D]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
There has been numerous sightings in Minnesota as well. In fact, a police officer recently shot one in a South Minneapolis suburb a few weeks ago. Dispatched the beast with his AR15. One shot- No more kitty! They were not sure if the cat was an escaped domestic animal, or a true wild cat. They didn't take any chances, as the cat was in a populated recreational area, and was displaying "unusual" behavior.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
i have heard form an LEO all you need is a valid hunting liscense.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The most scared I have ever been is when a mountain lion stalked me in a steep canyon during an elk hunt.

I have had a mother black bear 100 yards away from me after I had gotten close to her cub, but still the mountain lion scared me worse.

I don't put elk urine on my person anymore.

They are magnificent looking animals.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I live a few miles from the base of the San Gabriel Mtns, in So. Calif, 10 miles east of L.A. We get mountain lion sightings/reports every so often, and people have reported missing dogs & cats. We have a law in Calif. where you can't sport hunt cougars, so the local PD/sheriffs has to hunt down & kill any offending mountain lion.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top