Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 4:05:49 PM EDT
I have a lot of vacation time this summer and was planning on just driving west for the next couple of weeks to take in some of this great country.
Any places you love to go?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch the weather and stay where it has rained...   Everything that's dry is closed...  What kinda stuff do you enjoy and are you traveling alone, camping, hotels ???
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I will probably stick the camping gear in the jeep and do a little of both, camp and hotel. Other than that it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Fishing, hiking, visiting historical sites, whatever.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Yosemite is always beautiful.

Yosemite Valley is very crowded in the summer, and unless you have reservations or get really lucky, you will have to stay somewhere else.

But it is awesome.

Try going in October for smaller crowds. The vast majority of visitors  never get more than 1/2 mile from their cars, so the trails are relatively lightly travelled.

Another drawback is that it is in California.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Moab, UT.....need I say more?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been west in more than 15 years, but I loved the Tetons..
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Yellowstone -- see it before it blows up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top