Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2001 3:22:33 PM EDT
NOW.

[:D]

and to celebrate, a quote.
OK a lot of quotes, from Patrick Henry, my favorite patriot.

The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed and everyone who is able may have a gun.
--Patrick Henry, During Virginias ratification convention, 1788

Is the relinguishment of trial by jury and the liberty of the press necessary for your liberty? Will the abandonment of your most sacred rights tend to anyones security? Liberty, the greatest of all earthly blessings give us that precious jewel and you may take anything elsesuspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
--Patrick Henry, Speech on the Stamp Act, Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace!
--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me: Give me liberty, or give me death!

Onwards to 500! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
A man after my own heart.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, Juggernaut! Yeah, Old Pat Henry was a kick-ass dude. He'd undoubtedly be closely surveilled today making comments like that...Scary, ain't it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
oldschool ya took the words right outta my mouth had those exact same thoughts after reading Pat Henrys post..mores the pity
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah and thanks Juggernaut great post!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn right 9divdoc! Great post by Juggernaut, and too damn bad we don't have politicians like that anymore. Think I'll take a Prozac and lie down [;)]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh yeah and thanks Juggernaut great post!!
View Quote

You're quite welcome. I loved the guy for his ardent patriotism. He would be considered a very dangerous, radical person today, but he got stuff done, and didn't care about his rep as a revolutionary.

My old username was Patrick Henry, until I realized that someone else had Patrickhenry. Oh well.

Patrick Henry for National Role Model.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, Juggernaut.
I feel those words whenever I see the American Flag waving in the wind.
If only the Founding Fathers could log-on with us now...
Locketh & Loadeth!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks, Juggernaut.
I feel those words whenever I see the American Flag waving in the wind.
If only the Founding Fathers could log-on with us now...
Locketh & Loadeth!!!
View Quote

Locketh and Loadeth!

I love it, I'm gonna use that. I discuss Revolutionary history a lot, and that would describe the attitude of the Minute Men (of then, not the Semi-Racists of today).

Hey BusMaster, I see that you just made Senior too. Are we having fun with this new board yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top