Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2002 8:06:43 PM EDT
Just got home from a round at the huns farm shoot. Guys, it was a blast, to say the least. I met some of the guys from the board there, and they were the greatest bunch of people ever thrown together, can't say enough good about them.

To Eric, Thanks again, it was the best. Come October I will be there again.

To the rest of the guys I met, too many for my poor memory  to remember all their names, it was great and it was a pleasure.

Last, but not least, a special thanks to the Hun Farm Volunteer Fire Department...[:D].. fullclip
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
What, did you start a fire?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
STOP BRAGGIN !!!!!!!! I WANTED TO GO SOOOOOOOO BAD!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course not!!! The ever vigilant HFVFD would never allow something like that.. fullclip
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really wish you could have been there. Really cool guys, every one.  fullclip
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could go to a "shoot"[:(]  But, to many young'ns, not enough money.

Only 10 more years and the youngest will be 18(like that matters) and maybe we can do ......something[:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Caveman; I know the feeling. I've got 15yrs to go before I can afford all these neat toys.[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
3 months and my last one is 18.  hehehe...
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Everyone, take the young ones out with you.  Most of the guy you shoot with will be very helpful towards the cildren, and the guys are very safety oriented... fullclip
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not the young'uns that keep me from going. They love to go shooting. It's the money for traveling and ammo that keeps me from going to these shoots. I'm hoping that the Southern Freedom shoot will happen fairly close to Ga. I might be able to tuck some extra cash away between now and then to make it to that one.    [:d]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Fullclip, where the directions good? [>]:)]

LOL

What a fantastinc time at the farm!!!!

Black Hawk down and tracer fire, what an event.

TXLEWIS

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I was packed on the road Sat. morning. Then my car made a cugging sound and crapped out in Decatur......$500 in repairs later, I am sitting on my couch eating an MRE, my M4 on my lap, watching Blackhawk down wishing I was there. This SUCKS!!! [:(] The hun gave me a call and I could here you guy in the back ground having fun. [>(] [>(] [>(]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was packed on the road Sat. morning. Then my car made a cugging sound and crapped out in Decatur.....
View Quote

A likely story.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was packed on the road Sat. morning. Then my car made a cugging sound and crapped out in Decatur.....
View Quote

A likely story.....
View Quote

Gotta a copy of my invoice from the repair shop if you'd like to see it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A likely story.....
View Quote

Gotta a copy of my invoice from the repair shop if you'd like to see it.
View Quote

Yes, bring it with you to that sushi chuckwagon you're always bragging about when I get down there this fall. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]

LT, you better post that invoice, we were all there for that call, might be one or two sceptics.  Sorry to hear about the car troubles, you didn't miss much.
Ok, maybe a little fun, The Red Goats boar, propane tanks, tracers, stars, great talks, a fantastic fireworks display, more guns and ammo, skeet, did I mention propane tanks, suppressed automatic m-4's beer, black hawk down under the stars with real tracers going off beside us, propane tanks, fals, ar-10s uzi's, siren, 300 win mags, pss's, drinks, etc, etc.

Sorry you missed it.

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#16]
It was a big ol' Texas style blast, and I really enjoyed meeting the folks who were from more outlying areas. Kudos to DPeacher and son for coming up from Austin, Brouhaha for coming up from Houston, and especially the Wiggys, 762 and 223, for venturing out from New Mexico. If you live in Texas, you'd better have a [b]really[/b] good excuse for not being there...

I'm mosquito-bit and a little sunburned (not as bad as Psyren though) but it was very cool. Thanks to Zed for putting on the plate match. Boomholzer took top honors in the plate match with his heavy barreled, long bipod having, Hubble telescoped AR. Geeze, why didn't you just get a 102 yard long pole and knock the plates down with that?? [:D] Tate and his father-in-law Jim hung in until the end trading wins and ties back and forth.

mojo broke out (and broke in) his newest toy, an ARS-built FAL, and generally everybody was eager for you to run a few round through their sticks. Lotsa fun.

Did I mention that we had fun? Thanks, ETH. And thanks Arock for driving this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]
As it turned out I got rained out at work this weekend and I could'a been there. Will be there in the fall.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you live in Texas, you'd better have a [b]really[/b] good excuse for not being there...

View Quote

Quoted:

LT, you better post that invoice, we were all there for that call, might be one or two sceptics.  Sorry to hear about the car troubles, you didn't miss much.
View Quote

OK here it is. And I know I got reamed on the price. However they kinda have you when the car comes in on a bed of a tow truck. And when started it starts coughing and making a whiny noise. My belt was shredded due to the alternator locking up. And my injectors were so clogged only 3 were working.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/lordtrader%2FP1050415%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I see the appropriate area's have been blacked out for "national security"......
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Well - I guess anyone can counterfit a simple invoice.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad to see all made it home in one piece. Once again, i enjoyed meeting everone. This has to be the greatest group of shooters ever put together. Special thanks to the Hun for providing the place to shoot.

LT, sorry you missed out, I really counted on meeting you, maybe next time.

Hurry up, October...fullclip
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome.

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Really wish you could have been there. Really cool guys, every one.  fullclip
View Quote

my dad told me i couldnt go.  but in a few months i am 18!!! so then i can go if i want to.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Mojo, next time I will be there from start to finish..Thanks again...
fullclip
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey guys. Only took me 7 hours to get home, but I made it!
View Quote

I'm glad you made it home in one piece, Bubba.

And MAN is my shoulder killing me from that damn 416 Rigby!
View Quote

I shot that behemoth at Tac-Pro last year. It wasn't quite the .577 Tyrannosaur experience, but it was an eye-opener.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:46:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hey guys. Only took me 7 hours to get home, but I made it!
View Quote

Did you stop to eat? I didnt expect to get passed by the brou. Looked like you were making good time. [:)]

And boomholzer, I won't play the plates game with you 'cuz you CHEAT!  [;)]
View Quote

My gun only became illegal after the third round. I think i might have promoted the "iron sites only match" [:)]

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#34]
First of all, I would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank ETH for the opportunity to shoot at his place - very nice and trusting of him to allow us all to take part in this.

It was a great experience to meet members that I hadn't met before.

Thanks to Zed and Ray for bringing the plates - excellent competition (had a pistol competition this morning; the folks that left early shouldn't have!).

Now for the not so happy aspect of this shoot....

The following is not directed at everyone - the targets know who they are.

I was [b]ASHAMED[/b] of the shape that many folks left their shooting positions, camp sites, the area around the cabin, and the plowed field in.

WTF, people?

ETH , myself, my son, and my father-in-law spent [b]well over an hour[/b] picking up after you ungrateful, thoughtless bastards after everyone else had left.  I guess y'all though the trash would disappear???  There were ammo boxes, patches, anti freeze bottles, cigarette butts, broken up steel targets and a shattered cast iron griddle, target stands, shot up bowling pins - all forms of shit left down by and on the field.  Thanks too to the folks that took the HEAVY acetylene tanks 400 yds out into the plowed field and just left them there for the folks who farm this land to deal with.  Why not just kick ETH in the nuts and say "thanks for nothing" as you leave.

I was [b]utterly appalled[/b].  My [b]11 year old son[/b] is more responsible than some of you folks - that is a no shitter.

Last, but not least, thanks to the yahoos shooting the fireworks low over our position on Saturday night.  You burned at least [b]11 holes[/b] in my father-in-law's tent that he went to the trouble of bringing and setting up to provide some shade - not to mention the four small fires that were started in a remote area of the country that was dry.  Special thanks for continuing to shoot the fireworks right over us after we asked you to stop.  Outstanding - good job.

To the above mentioned limp-dicked twits, I offer a hearty and sincere [b]FUH Q[/b].

If the shoot in October happens at ETH's place, please don't trash his place - leave it [b]exactly[/b] like you found it.  It's called common coutesy.  As for the fireworks, shoot them sensibly, or not at all.

F*cking morons......

TATE
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#35]
There it is there!
I dont blame ya one bit Tate
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow Tate you think you'll be calmed down enough by October to go?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My gun only became illegal after the third round. I think i might have promoted the "iron sites only match" [:)]

View Quote

Nah - we always have an all sights and then irons only matches.  Your gun wasn't illegal at all for the "all sites" match.  Some guys have even used autos for the matches (note - they always lose - too busy changing mags and waiting for the dust to clear).  Don't let anybody give you any grief, BH - you still had to steady the rifle and squeeze the trigger - just like everyone else - even with your "space rifle". [:D]  Get your irons zeroed for next time!

FYI - Zed won the irons only and the pistol match on Sunday morning.

The matches are good "hurry up" training and sooooooooo much fun!

I should be "calmed down" by late September - in plenty of time for the next ETH shoot.........
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Tate: I won't be labeled a "scum bag".... I cleaned up beer bottles (and I don't even drink) last night, and this morning, and I ALWAYS threw my ammo boxes in my range bag when they were empty. I asked HUN before I left if I could help out with disposal of trash bags, and ended up throwing some Trash in the back of my truck and taking it with me to dispose of in town.... I admit that I did not pick up all my brass but when I was at tac-pro last time I can bet you that I picked up over half the brass out there. Now!!! lets quit bitch!n and get in to the solution and cause of the above mentioned problem and lack of disrespect by doing a little better next time at coordinating and cumminicating everyones particular clean-up task by having EVERYONE sign up to do one of the following tasks before the end of the next shoot: 1) brass clean-up, 2) trash clean-up, 3) disposal, 4) policing area after everyone is gone (this person or persons will be last to leave, 5) target put-up (responsible for all pins, steel targets, and paper targets. Any other added job tasks can be added accordingly. and everyone will have to sign on to a task at the next shoot except HUN and TATE. Hun is the host and should not be put out in anyway and TATE.... well... Tates Pi$$ed and feels like its not his job to play servant to the masses. Personally I don't give a hoot I'll pick-up everyones mess if I have to, but I at least feel like some one should apprciate it if I do so. Lets not get bent out of shape, but instead, lets do a better job co-ordinating what needs to be done at one of these "Shoots" and seeing that everyone participates in the clean-up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I just wanted to say I had a great time and will be back for the next Shoot in October. My Dog had a great time too and wants to know if that cute little Boxer babe will be at the next Shoot? :) Man this Dog was pooped out and slept the whole way home and is still sleeping. THANKS HUN FOR THE GREAT HOSPITALITY AND FOR ALLOWING US TO BE THEIR. John232
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Tate: I won't be labeled a "scum bag".... I cleaned up beer bottles (and I don't even drink) last night, and this morning, and I ALWAYS threw my ammo boxes in my range bag when they were empty....
View Quote

Make sure you read all of my original post >>>>>> "The following is not directed at everyone - the targets know who they are." [:D]

As for brass, after it weathers, you can hardly tell it's there - BUT I brought a tarp to catch brass in case ETH didn't want it on the ground.  When I got there I saw plenty of old brass on the ground and others weren't policing their brass, so I didn't police brass either, FYI.  I did pick up my shotgun hulls, though.

As for assigned clean up responsibilities, that's fine if someone wants to head that up, but you won't have to pick up my crap since I pick it up myself - I don't wait for the wind to blow it away or whatever.  You know - like [b]responsible adults[/b] do.

John - our pistol match was close - beat me on a reload - damnit! [:D]

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Hun thanks for the invite. Lots of good fun, conversation, and good people. It's good to put some faces with the names. Guess I'll need to work on my speed reloading before the next pistol match. Thanks again for the good time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:52:38 AM EDT
[#44]
[size=5][red][b]Thanks, Everyone![/b][/red][/size=5]

For making the First Annual Hun's Fun in the Sun Gun Shoot the very best time that was ever had out at the Hun's Farm, since Great Granddaddy Hun brought Great Grandmama Hun out there and started producing little Huns!

I wish to thank all of you who came: Wiggy762 and Wiggy223 (who came from as far away as Albuquerque and Pittsburgh, respectively), Arock, Badd_Brad, Boomholzer, Brouhaha, Bryanshoes, Bunghole, DPeacher and Jake (and 'Foxy'), Energizer and SuperAlpha, Frisco, Fullclip, Gopher, Hound and Psyren, ilikelegs, Jarhead_22, JimOne, John 232 (and his dog), mojo, RedGoat and his brother Andy, Ray, RHspen, Shaun, Shane, Tate, JimTwo, and Zack, and, last, but surely not least, Zed!

And a very special thanks to those members of the Hun's Fun in the Sun Ground Crew, without whose help, I would probably still be at the Hun Farm:

[blue][size=4]Tate, JimTwo, and Zack![/size=4][/blue]

As a small token of my appreciation, Zack received a gen-u-wine cowboy's lariat (last used by that famous cowpuncher [b]wiggy762[/b]), and [u]all[/u] received a very special lunch at the [b]Downhome Bakery[/b] in Chillicothe, Texas!

Eric The(Salute!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nah - we always have an all sights and then irons only matches.  Your gun wasn't illegal at all for the "all sites" match.  Some guys have even used autos for the matches (note - they always lose - too busy changing mags and waiting for the dust to clear).  Don't let anybody give you any grief, BH - you still had to steady the rifle and squeeze the trigger - just like everyone else - even with your "space rifle". [:D]  Get your irons zeroed for next time!
View Quote

Thx, I will be in with irons next time. Hopefully, with a new lightweight upper with carry-handle. I doubt I'll last too long against you and Jim.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:33:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Good morning all...excellent weekend Thanks to Eric for the hosting duties and to everyone else
for great conversation and a truly wonderful time...propane...As a charter member of the Hun volunteer fire dept, let me say that I look forward to the next one and hope I get to spend more time on the farm and not wimp out. And a direct message to Eric...thanks for buying my girlfriend booze...but Boone's Farm?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:34:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Thank you, ETH for allowing us to use your place to shoot.  I am sorry to hear you had to clean up after everyone.  That really does make me sad.  

Frisco, I found a knife by a chair, near my truck.  I think you were sitting there Saturday night preparing your propnae tanks.  Email me to ID it.  

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks ETH.
I had a great time.  I had other comittments so I had to leave early and I didn't get to do much shooting.

I noticed a severe safety problem on the "handgun" range.  Several people were firing at the bowling pins, and one guy in particular was blasting away from 3 feet BEHIND and slightly to the left of Brouhaha.  THIS IS NOT SAFE.  I think next time people should all shoot from the same firing plane.  Maybe bring a can of paint to mark off "lanes".

Other than that, I think everything was great.  You are all a great bunch of people and I look forward to the October reunion....

-Mike
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Frisco, I found a knife by a chair, near my truck.  I think you were sitting there Saturday night preparing your propnae tanks.  Email me to ID it.  

TheRedGoat
View Quote

That's the Spyderco Native that I lent him to cut the duct tape for his incendiary devices. All the metal is beadblasted, including the pocket clip, and it's got a black plastic handle. On the base of one side of the blade it says, "Golden, Colorado, USA, Earth."
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top