Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2002 7:09:26 PM EDT
i just wanted to introduce myself.  i've been trying to read back in the forums as much as i can so i don't ask the same old 'newbie questions' but i'm sure i'll hit on one that's been covered a million times.  sorry in advance.  =P

i gotta say, you guys know these rifles like nobody's business.  i wish i would have found this site sooner.  (i made the mistake of buying USA mags) i haven't used them yet so i can't say if they're good or bad yet, but i'm not gonna bet the ranch (or my life) on em!  so i suppose i'm in the market for some usgi 30's but the problem is finding somebody that ships to nazi...  errr i mean new jersey.  :(

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Tuff break on the mags. Nice rifle. Welcome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome... don't worry about the USA magazines too much... you can always use them as targets.  [;)]

But a word of warning... one Black Rifle is never enough.  You're infected with the sickness now.  The medical definition is blackriflegottahaveitis.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Soon you'll be ready to join ARA (A R Anonymous)... Welcome!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, just what NJ needs... another AW owner!
[:D]

Two words on buying mags [URL=http://www.ar15.com/forums/index.html?board=3] Equipment Exchange! [/URL]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome.  And I am about to bring a shitstorm down on myself, but I'm gonna tell you anyway. USGI mags are good and function well.....But Thermolds function better in my experience .

What the hell, I haven't brought a shitstorm down on myself yet since I started up on this board, so I guess it's about time [:D]

Mike
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
USGI mags are good and function well.....But Thermolds function better in my experience .
Mike
View Quote

Blasphemer... [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#8]
welcome aboard
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the welcome.  unfortunately i already knew about the whole 15-round thing for nj.  i'm still hoping to find a mail-order company that leaves the responsibility of the law to the purchaser.  gotta love that phrase "check local laws before ordering".  that usually means they'll ship you anything you want.  i hope i don't get off to a bad start here with this one, but i also drive more than 5 miles per hour over the posted speed limit and i don't recycle my newspapers.  doh.

btw - anybody know any good shooting ranges in nj where you don't have to be a club member to shoot?  seems like every range wants some kind of membership fee around here.  ...racoon hats make me itch!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top