Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2002 10:44:13 AM EDT
Ever since I watched the movie Lethal Weapon 4 for the fist time I notices an anti-NRA sign in the background in one of the shots in the police station.  Then I happen to be watching the movie Assassins and I saw it again plastered on the bus that Stalone was ramming Bandaras into with the cab. Both of the scenes that it appeared in were obviously framed to include the symbol so it was on purpose.
I live in Michigan and have never seen an anti-NRA banner posted in public anywhere.  Is this something that is present in LA or is this some sort of movie thing?  Who is doing it?  Why would they put things like this in movies that are full of gratuitous gun violence and that teach people how to improperly handle firearms?

Just wondering.
         [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
It's strictly a Hollyweird thing. The same nimrods who espouse gun control laws are the same ones making the movies that show guns to be evil & to be only handled by police.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess this is just an LA thing. I have never seen one of these anywhere here either. If I did it would be promptly attacked and torn down. If framed I would find a bucket of black paint ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#3]
All films by Richard Donner these past 15 years have had such themes.

Sample Banners:
"Meat is Murder"
"Fur is Dead"
No NRA

...that's Donner and Co.

From what I understand, he's the ONLY Hollywood director (and I'm not defending the rest) that is so blatantly political in his "work".

His editors have toned him down quite a bit if you watch the deleted scenes or "director's cut" of his movies.

He's a prick.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Just all of you remember this...
PETA is an acronym for People Eating The Animals
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top