Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 7:19:38 PM EDT
I heard that Peter Jennings and ABC have taken Toby Keith off their 4th of July celebration because of the lyrics to, "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American)." The lyrics are "You'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A. because we'll put a boot in your ass--it's the American way."

Well, I think that we should put a boot up Peter Jennings and ABC's ass.

Yanqui
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Say, he's a Canuck isn't he?  Not that  he's typical of the northern folks, mind you, but still...wtf does he have to do with 4th of July?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a good idea, really.

We wouldn't want to offend any of the terrorists in our country right now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am told that ABC is receving thousands of pairs of used cowboy boots now.

UPS is delivering them free,

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]

I believe that at one time, Jennings, had a Palestinian girlfriend. I believe that she was a spokesperson for Arafat. Although I don't have any confirmation on that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I believe that at one time, Jennings, had a Palestinian girlfriend. I believe that she was a spokesperson for Arafat. Although I don't have any confirmation on that.
View Quote

That is a bit far fetched. He is just a ass, trying to interpret anything more sinister into it risks proving to the world that he is a ass.

Let him hang himself with his own words...
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I am not sure if the entertainers for the celebration are being paid or not. But if I was on the billet I would have bowed out in protest of Toby Keith's banishment.

Let's see who shows up. I will keep my list. I will not buy anything that is related to ABC and whoever shows up for the show. I will no longer buy their CDs.

I am not a big Toby Keith fan. I like some of his songs.

It's the principle.

Yanqui
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Re the Canadian thing, I believe that Jennings, while from Canada originally, is a naturalized US citizen now.  Either way, he's still a dork.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#9]
The song is on the album to be released July 23rd

[url]http://www.tobykeith.com/music.htm[/url]

The boot campaign:

[url]http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-senator-boot-protest0626jun26.story[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#10]
It's true that Jennings did used to date a PLO woman..I think it was a few years ago. He dated her for quite a number of years. There was a special on t.v. about it. They showed a pic of her today....DAYAM! She is soooo ugly! She looks like an Arab man...

So yes it's true...he dated a Palestinian woman.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]
That wasn't "being liberal". That was being money grubbers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top