Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 1:55:37 PM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62584-2002Jun28.html[/url]

WASHINGTON –– President Bush said he will undergo a colon check Saturday that will require him to be sedated. The powers of the presidency will be briefly transferred to Vice President Dick Cheney, he said.

Bush said doctors recommended the procedure – a colonoscopy – because benign polyps were found in a previous check.

The White House said the procedure could take an hour or so.

Bush said he decided to transfer powers to Cheney out of extra caution because the nation is at war. Cheney will be "standing by – realizing he's not going to be president that long."

The procedure will be conducted at the Camp David presidential retreat, Bush said.

"I'm going to be sedated for a period of time and we'll transfer power to the vice president during that time and I look forward to exercising tomorrow afternoon after the procedure takes place," the president said.

Bush said the test is routine but the times are not, the reason he will be transferring power.

"I'm the first president to have done so under this type of procedure of physical examination. I did so because we're at war and just want to be super cautious," he said.

According to records released by Bush's presidential campaign, two benign polyps were surgically removed from his colon in July 1998.

"The doctors recommend that I have another one because the last time they found some benign polyps so this is a routine physical examination," Bush said.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheny Coup?  Sounds good to me.  Kick out the cabinet, get the hell rid of that dove Powell and lets get down to business damnit.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cheny Coup?  Sounds good to me.  Kick out the cabinet, get the hell rid of that dove Powell and lets get down to business damnit.

Mike
View Quote

Yee, haw. Maybe we'll get a big 4th of July fireworks display over china, payback for the spy plane.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheney? aka Mini Cheney?

[img]http://www.corpust.com/Gif/minicheney.gif[/img]

I do not think a coup is out of the question, people with large heads on small bodies CANNOT be trusted. Doh!

Phil Jayhan
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Raf-
Work Overtime? you mean work at all right? Doh!
I have been working on a few of those requests for dummycrats and gun haters (who usually have armed guards, go figure)

BTW-How do you define a 'Troll?'

Phil
[:D]
Does one look like Mini Cheney above? Doh!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62584-2002Jun28.html[/url]

WASHINGTON –– President Bush said he will undergo a colon check Saturday that will require him to be sedated.
View Quote

How much you want to bet the-late-night-talk show-hosts-comedy-writers are gleefuly working overtime on this one? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, those TV guys like anything that has something to do with the colon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top