Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2002 8:40:22 AM EDT
Its for my Sig Sauer P226

I've looked at the BlackHawks and the Eagle Industries or something like that.  I'm looking for a good mix between versatility, durability and affordability.  Don't want to spend more than $80-$85 USD

Thanks all
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Try the Safariland 6004 Tactical.  It's rugged and you can get it to accomodate your Sig with a Surefire light attached.  It also has a mounting platform for mag pouches, etc.  I've had one for about a year and I really like it.  Streicher's sells it for about $80.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The best?

Safariland 6004...niiiiice!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
6004 is great.  

But it was a bit bulky, so I just got an SOE, and so far I love it.  Very solid construction for a nylon holster.  Eagle is good, but I avoid BlackChicken.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Try the Safariland 6004 Tactical.  It's rugged and you can get it to accomodate your Sig with a Surefire light attached.  It also has a mounting platform for mag pouches, etc.  I've had one for about a year and I really like it.  Streicher's sells it for about $80.
View Quote

I gotta agree, this is the best holster going. It is way more secure than the Eagle drop style.
If you are LE, they are about $50 direct.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
6004 is great.  

Eagle is good, but I avoid BlackChicken.
View Quote

HKer, just curious on why the dislike for BlackHawk, I assume the made in China but verses Eagle made in USA? I don't disagree just curious.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the 6004. Mine fits my Glock with M-3 light and holds a spare mag and large OC. You can also buy an empty oof side unit and attatch whatever you want to it.

I think that when Blackhawk mover to Korea the quality went way down. I see lots of failures at the different training schools I attend. That and that fact that BHI copies most of Eagles product line. No question for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Bianchi should have one.

[url]http://www.bianchi-intl.com/[/url]

ARH
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never seen one of theyre holster, but all the other Blackhawk gear I have is great. Check out the web siter [url]www.blackhawk-industries.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
6004 is great.  

Eagle is good, but I avoid BlackChicken.
View Quote

HKer, just curious on why the dislike for BlackHawk, I assume the made in China but verses Eagle made in USA? I don't disagree just curious.
View Quote

I don't really dislike BH, but I prefer Eagle for many reasons.  Of course, there is the US made versus China (or Korea, or wherever they are making there gear at nowadays).  In fact Eagle is local to me in STL, so that is a nice benefit.  

But the big reason, is in owning both brands, Eagle seems to be better made and more durable.  Maybe they have a better handle on QC since they make everything inhouse.  Also, I had a less than stellar experience with BH customer service.  

I bought a descrete carry case made for 16" AR carbines, the case was about 2" too short.  That's just poor QC if you ask me.  So I called to get it exchanged, and the lady told me they were having similar problems with the last batch of cases.  She told me to send it back (at my expense if I recall correctly) and they'd get me a new one.  OK, well that's acceptable.  So I figured I'd keep the defective case (it fit my 93a3 okay) to save on the S&H, IF they would give me a discount on buying the second (replacement) case.  Well, they gave me 10% off list, which ended up being MORE expensive then the original cost from the dealer I purchased from...

I went ahead with the deal, but
I wasn't too happy.  I felt that they could have done a little more to help a buyer out with a defective product.  They were going to destroy the case anyway (I asked) so basically they ended up selling me two cases at no loss to them, due to their own poor quality control.

Since their prices are about the same, that's why I would recommend Eagle over BH.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
[url]http://www.soegear.com/html/holsters.html[/url]

Dave S

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a holster from High Speed Gear.  Very nice holster; very well made.  It came pretty tight for a Sig, but after leaving the pistol in for a few days, the holster holds it perfectly now.  Lightfighter has them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top