Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2002 7:43:47 PM EDT
Anybody know of a [b]good[/b] one that will let me link pictures out, post them on forums, etc?

Tripod will not let me...

I would use AR15.com's, except the server has a 150k pic limit, and that is too small...

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't your ISP provide some FTP space for a personal website or something?  Typically they'll give you about 5 megs storage with every account.

With any FTP client tool, you can host pics yourself - on your own nickle.

That's how I do it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sharing pics on the net that are larger than 100k is pretty bad as it is! Any shared pic should be in the 20k-50k range... pics for keeping and or printing should be the only thing larger and for those, why would ya put them on the net!

=P
View Quote

In a way, that's kind of like saying..

flash hiders and bayonet lugs are for LEOs and Military, why would a civilain need them????

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ComputerGuy, ummmmm doesnt ar15.com allow photo uploads?
View Quote

With a limit of like 150k, which is too small...
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

flash hiders and bayonet lugs are for LEOs and Military, why would a civilain need them????
View Quote

Not really.  It's more like saying, your pictures are too freakin' big, scale them down so dial up users and people who hate having to wait on your slow pictures don't just skip them outright and move on to the next auction.

Now, saying you don't need pictures would be more akin to your veiled innuendo, but still a pretty distant kin.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really.  It's more like saying, your pictures are too freakin' big, scale them down so dial up users and people who hate having to wait on your slow pictures don't just skip them outright and move on to the next auction.

Now, saying you don't need pictures would be more akin to your veiled innuendo, but still a pretty distant kin.
View Quote

Nope, you're logic is flawed.

By saying "no pictures" is like saying "no ARs". But saying no big pictures/large files is like saying "no flash hider". They are restricting something, but not entirely the whole thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your pics should be smaller in size
that's bytes not pixels realize.
big pics are so lame
when they're stuff so tame
Or you'll hear dial up user cries.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Your pics should be smaller in size
that's bytes not pixels realize.
big pics are so lame
when they're stuff so tame
Or you'll hear dial up user cries.
View Quote

I'm not even gonna try...

Member of Pink Pistols by any chance???
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Member of Pink Pistols by any chance???
View Quote

You wish. [:P]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#12]
If you will crop the photo the file size can drop dramatically (depending upon settings), if you don't have a program to do such send me the pic and I'll do it.  Cropping is very useful in dropping file size but yet the resolution size of the object will remain the same and you can get rid of unnecessary background (such as a person's feet, dog butt, beanie baby collection, etc.)
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you will crop the photo the file size can drop dramatically (depending upon settings), if you don't have a program to do such send me the pic and I'll do it.  Cropping is very useful in dropping file size but yet the resolution size of the object will remain the same and you can get rid of unnecessary background (such as a person's feet, dog butt, beanie baby collection, etc.)
View Quote

I've got programs and such do to it with, it's just that I'm awful lazy :-)

Thanks though Kevin..
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got programs and such do to it with, it's just that I'm awful lazy :-)
View Quote

And that makes folks want to see what you have to auction, I'd bet.  [:P]

Of course, I get up at 11 nowadays...
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anybody know of a [b]good[/b] one that will let me link pictures out, post them on forums, etc?

Tripod will not let me...

I would use AR15.com's, except the server has a 150k pic limit, and that is too small...

View Quote

Homestead's pretty good [URL]http://www.homestead.com[/URL].

They offer a free 30 day account. I forget what the bandwidth allowance is but unless you're uploading video clips you should be okay.

[URL=http://www.myownemail.com/moe4/login/default.cfm]MyOwnEmail[/URL]so you'll be able to sign up for another 30 days...repeat as often as necissary.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top