Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2002 5:00:29 AM EDT
I placed an order online very early yesterday morning (3am). I requested that the order ship next day so I would get it today and be ready for the farm tomorrow. After ordering, the GG&G site said that I would get an e-mail telling me what the shipping costs are and one telling me that the order had shipped. I also sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order. No e-mails yet. I don't think I am going to get my order today.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
They make excellent products and do excellent work.

However, I beleive they are under contract with Unca Sam to provide mil spec M4 parts (among other things)

About three months ago ordered a mount and flip up rear sight  for my reflex II, and it took over a month to get to me (closer to two actually - they were closed for two weeks)

If yer gonna wait by the mailbox, I suggest you bring a knapsack and some snax, cuz you may be waiting a while.

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard from them last week. They want me to send the customer's barrel for a front sight install. No component-only available. Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a $25 charging handle for my Benelli. I don't want to end up paying $15 for next day shipping 2 weeks after I ordered it. I guess I'll cancel.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one NIW for the M1 Super 90, which you can have for $25 + Shipping.  Email me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Robert, If I don't hear from GG&G today I'll drop you an e-mail.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I also ordered something from them this week, and I also selected next day shipping so I'd have it by this weekend (flip up rear sight).  

I never got the confirmation e-mail either.

It happens.

I'm not happy, but oh well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I have several of their componets, of course i pick them up at their shop. They do contracts with several agenciesboth in the US and for some other forces. You are better of phoning an order in, that way they can give you an eta on parts. some times they get a run of parts and play hell keeping up with the orders. Their parts are worth the wait.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I placed an order online very early yesterday morning (3am). I requested that the order ship next day so I would get it today and be ready for the farm tomorrow. After ordering, the GG&G site said that I would get an e-mail telling me what the shipping costs are and one telling me that the order had shipped. I also sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order. No e-mails yet. I don't think I am going to get my order today.
View Quote

Call and talk to the owner. He will treat you right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]Quoted:
They make excellent products and do excellent work[/b]

They may make excellent products, but they also damaged my lower receiver beyond repair while anodizing it and GOOD LUCK getting any customer service from them. It took three months to resolve the incident with them (and I'm only ten minutes from their facility) and only after they tried to give me an illegal preban as a replacement, did they resolve the matter.

[b]Quoted:
Call and talk to the owner. He will treat you right.[/b]

Not in my case.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Good Luck!  I placed an order in February, same kind of deal.  I call them to see where it is in March, and I'm still waiting!  Was two rails and a pop-up sight.  They have a great product line, but I have to say the worst customer service I've ever encountered, as far as me as an individual is concerned.  When I called them, they didn't have a clue as to what my order was, and even when I gave them the order number, the items, my name, and date of order, the guy on the phone simply said that the product was out of stock.  I then switched my order to a rail he said he had in stock, and I still have never seen my order.

I buy there stuff when see it in my friends shop, but they can kisss my A$$ where it tapers shut for their so-called customer service.  ARMS looks better and better to me.

Good Luck with ever getting your order!  And I had thought about getting the Vang Comp Benelli barrel they offer.  Yeah, right!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I canceled via e-mail but they probably read their e-mail less often then they check for online orders. Businesses like this piss me off. If I decide to pay the exorbident amount for next day shipping, I expect to get the item the next day after I ordered it.

I placed an order very early Wednesday morning. I requested next day shipping so I could have the item for an event this weekend. It's apparent that you never shipped my order as I never received e-mail confirmation of shipping or shipping charges. The item may be out of stock and a quick message alerting me of that fact would have been appreciated. Or maybe, you only check your online orders every few days or some longer interval. In any case, CANCEL my order.

Order number: xxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I like their stuff, but their customer service sucks.  Next day delivery means that it will be delivered the day after they ship it, and that is the problem. I ordered a rail and requested expedited delivery.  I paid for expedited delivery, but they shipped it over a week after I ordered it.  I ordered some rings, finally called em up, "we will be making some next month", I finally got em, one of the fastners
twisted off while I was installing them, way below their torque specs. I called and they said they would ship a new one when they got the other one back. I over nighted it to them, called the eve before and the next day to get them to ship it right out, and they still didn't get it right!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I ordered a $25 charging handle for my Benelli. I don't want to end up paying $15 for next day shipping 2 weeks after I ordered it. I guess I'll cancel.
View Quote

I also got the charging handle from them, got it real quick, but the shipping charge was excessive like you said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top