Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 2:16:04 PM EDT

AP
The U. S. Senate has condemned the Ninth Circuit Court's ruling on the Pledge of Allegience by a 99-0 margin.

President Bush calls the decision idiotic.

Tom Dasshole says it's nuts.

Immediately after the ruling over 50 congressman and Senate leaders went to the steps of the capitol and recited the Pledge of Allegiance..YELLING the phrase "One Nation under GOD!"
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

AP
The U. S. Senate has condemned the Ninth Circuit Court's ruling on the Pledge of Allegience by a 99-0 margin.

President Bush calls the decision idiotic.

Immediately after the ruling over 50 congressman and Senate leaders went to the steps of the capitol and recited the Pledge of Allegiance..YELLING the phrase "One Nation under GOD!"
View Quote

Hahaha... [beer]

Even a broken clock is perfectly accurate twice a day.

This is a no-brainer for the Sinators & Conmen.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://members.cox.net/indepundit/archive/2002_06_23_archive.html#78237743]What[/url] will the 9th Circuit next declare unconstitutional?

Haha

Mike
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of those bastards are voicing opposition to the decision only as a way of keeping people from connecting the liberal infestation of the courts with the democratic stalling of judicial appointments. It's an f'n conspiracy.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
anip

View Quote

Talk is cheap and talk from a US Senator is worth exactly doodly-squat.

The US Senate can impeach those criminal judges and only the US Senate can impeach those criminal judges.

But instead the US Senate protests. This is an intelligence test for the USA. If Senators protesting illegal court rulings is the correct response, then you are too stupid to be a free American. You must turn in your guns, shut up, and learn to be a good slave.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
anip

View Quote

Talk is cheap and talk from a US Senator is worth exactly doodly-squat.

The US Senate can impeach those criminal judges and only the US Senate can impeach those criminal judges.

But instead the US Senate protests. This is an intelligence test for the USA. If Senators protesting illegal court rulings is the correct response, then you are too stupid to be a free American. You must turn in your guns, shut up, and learn to be a good slave.
View Quote

Returning a decision that denys Christians the legal ability to browbeat others not of their religion in public is not grounds for impeachment...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
By the way Sweep, I thought you said having one multipage thread on this topic was enough, when you locked that other thread?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
By the way Sweep, I thought you said having one multipage thread on this topic was enough, when you locked that other thread?
View Quote

The other thread is about the decision.

This thread is about the U.S. Senate responding to that decision.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Ok, I guess that will pass muster.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Ok, I guess that will pass muster.
View Quote

Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
snip
Returning a decision that denys Christians the legal ability to browbeat others not of their religion in public is not grounds for impeachment...
View Quote

You just failed the intelligence test.

The job of Judges IS NOT TO CHANGE OR MAKE NEW LAW!!!!

When they usurp the job of the Legislative, the elected branch, they are breaking the supreme law of the land. They are dangerous criminals.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A lot of those bastards are voicing opposition to the decision only as a way of keeping people from connecting the liberal infestation of the courts with the democratic stalling of judicial appointments. It's an f'n conspiracy.

View Quote

er, huh?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank GOD! The hand basket I was going to be stuffed into for the trip was very uncomfortable and shallow! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

When they usurp the job of the Legislative, the elected branch, they are breaking the supreme law of the land. They are dangerous criminals.
View Quote

No-no-no...

You see it was the [u]SCOTUS[/u] that said that the Constitution gives [u]the courts[/u] the right (and obligation) to overturn laws and even mandate new legislation... and levy TAXES TOO!!

So basically the courts determined that the courts get to do all those things... under the Constitution!

See how neat and tidy that works out! [:)]

No go back to your bread and circuses and leave the job of running the country to the experts. (who do you think you are anyway?!) [>:/]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
The whole point to the contention is...having the tag line of an American patriotic call to allegiance, that references God, is not unconstitutional. Hell, the judge who rendered this decision had to raise his hand and place one on a bible to recite his oath to truth and justice. Weird...

The sooner we weed these "legislators from the bench"...the better. This had nothing to do with the 1st ammendment...nothing. It has everything to do with idealogy.

The tolerant become intolerant...amazing.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
It's funny how even commie dip weeds can see who dumb this is,maybe one they will feel that way.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No-no-no...

You see it was the [u]SCOTUS[/u] that said that the Constitution gives [u]the courts[/u] the right (and obligation) to overturn laws and even mandate new legislation... and levy TAXES TOO!!

So basically the courts determined that the courts get to do all those things... under the Constitution!

View Quote

Kind of like how the NFA registry isn't really a registration of firearms, just a facilitator for taxation of firearms.

No go back to your bread and circuses and leave the job of running the country to the experts. (who do you think you are anyway?!) [>:/]
View Quote

Why, we are the people whom the power of the government is ultimately derived from.  How sad it is that so many of us have forgotten that.  I have met many democrats, republicans, liberals, constitutionalists, and even greens that hate this government.  Yet, they don't understand that ultimately that government derives it's power from them.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

View Quote

Where has any new law been made. They simply struck down one
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

View Quote

No-no-no...

View Quote

Sorry but the courts have done none of what you said. Its simply not true.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard some senators today saying they want a Constitutional Amendment to "correct" the ruling.

IIRC if they actually try to do this, it could result in a constitutional convention being assembled and there is no limitation on it just sticking to the pledge of alliegence issue. Just think of how the republicrats will fix the 2nd Amendment once and for all. They will fix it real good.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First they ban our guns to render us defenseless and now they ban God.

The [b]democrats[/b] are busily imposing their [b]communist[/b] ideals on us.  We need to vote these scumbags out.
View Quote

Where have guns been banned?

Where has God been banned. Not one church or temple has been shut down by this. And Church schools are still free to use the version of the pledge with "under god" in it.

Again what connection does not allowing government run institutions to disseminate religion have to the possession of private property or the right to keep and bear arms?

NOTHING.

There is no way that this decision can hurt anyone in the free exercise of their religion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Barney Frank, Dianne Feinstein, & Barbara Boxer saying, "..one nation under God..." - they must have run straight home afterwards & washed their mouths out w/ soap.[;D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Barney Frank, Dianne Feinstein, & Barbara Boxer saying, "..one nation under God..." - they must have run straight home afterwards & washed their mouths out w/ soap.[;D]
View Quote

I bet their fingers were crossed. [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

How can you be so near to California and ask a question like that?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry but the courts have done none of what you said. Its simply not true.
View Quote

Bzzzzt. WRONG!

SCOTUS declares that SCOTUS can [b]overturn Laws [/b]passed by Congress: Marbury v. Madison

In 1987, District Judge Russell Clark ordered a [b]tax increase[/b] to "remedy vestiges of segregation" in the Kansas City, Missouri school system.

In 1996, District Court Judge Thelton Henderson prohibited the state of California from implementing Prop. 209. By erasing Laws stating "X", the Judge [b]essentially wrote a Law[/b]  stating "Not-X".

Judicial activism - The Courts become MORE POWERFUL than Legislative branch of Gov't - By the authority granted to them, NOT by the Constitution, but by their OWN DECREE.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You certainly wouldn't want to be standing in lightning strike range during that scharade, just in case.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I have to ask a question.. If someone where to just make a pledge and it ends up getting into school and before you know it the whole school system is doing that without any rule,law,legislation establishing it.. Why is it necessary for the Supreme Court to touch it in any case???

If this happened in this manner and someone brought up a complaint to the Courts Would they even be able to touch it???

In other words it seems??? impossible that the court would be able to rule over something they have no jurisdiction over anyways???

Ben

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have to ask a question.. If someone where to just make a pledge and it ends up getting into school and before you know it the whole school system is doing that without any rule,law,legislation establishing it.. Why is it necessary for the Supreme Court to touch it in any case???

If this happened in this manner and someone brought up a complaint to the Courts Would they even be able to touch it???

In other words it seems??? impossible that the court would be able to rule over something they have no jurisdiction over anyways???
View Quote

Been there done that.

SCOTUS ruled that a VOLUNTARY prayer read aloud by a STUDENT at graduation is the same as the Gov't forcing the "establishment of religion" and is therfore, ipsofacto, henceforth, to-wit and thereby-forevermore UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Go figure! [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#31]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been there done that.

SCOTUS ruled that a VOLUNTARY prayer read aloud by a STUDENT at graduation is the same as the Gov't forcing the "establishment of religion" and is therfore, ipsofacto, henceforth, to-wit and thereby-forevermore UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Go figure
View Quote

Hell I have no clue where the courts are comming from in a ruling such as that, and I guess I have no clue about the ruling yesterday??

I know that SCOTUS will uphold the 9th circuits decision...  But If there is seperation of church and state how could the courts rule on any of that????
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Is it because by law youth are required to attend school??? That has to be it...

Does the Courts decision have any bearing on private schools???

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is it because by law youth are required to attend school??? That has to be it...
View Quote

That is their "out" but it doesn't hold water.

Students are NOT required to attend graduation ceremonies!!

Many graduation ceremonies are on Friday nights and that conflicts with the Sabbath of observant Jews.
Some kids work that night.
Some kids get sick that night.
Some kids just don't want to attend - period.

Besides, even if they were required to attend, the "right to free speech" of the student giving the speech should trump the "right not to be offended" of the athiests/Buddhists/Muslims/Pagans etc. in the crowd.

There is no logic or rationale in the SCOTUS decision. Don't try to make a pig into a pony.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#34]
As far as a judge imposing a tax to support a school function....I think it is in direct violation of Section 7, clause 1 stating
"Section. 7.
Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills. "

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect for the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Are they going to ban the Declaration of Independence from being taught due to  GOD being mentioned in the first paragraph?

All I can say is based on where the decision was made, it doesn't suprise me one bit. PRKalifornication.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#35]
It has taken me some time to get my mind around this.. I am more interested in the happenings on capital hill.... It is interesting what is going on in this nation.... And well I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they mean it.. I say it is a good thing that they are putting themselves under gods divine guidance.. Because Lord knows it is needed.

Ben
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Errm, have you heard the phrase pre-ban and post ban?  How about the ban on new MGs? Kali, MD, and NJ have essentially banned the AR.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#37]
FOXNEWS QUOTING BUSH:

"America is a nation ... that values our relationship with the Almighty," Bush said. "We need common-sense judges who understand that our rights were derived from God."
View Quote

I bet that makes those who believe that peoples rights are bestowed by society are mad.

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#38]
It sucks that congress is wasting time with this issue.  They should be voting 99-0 to repeal the GCA 1968 or NFA.  There are hundreds of laws they could be voting to repeal, and they have to vote on this.  A pox on all of them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top