Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2001 5:13:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#1]
UPS lost a shotgun I sent to the factory for repairs within my home state! They found it two weeks later! no explanation from UPS on what happend!
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
My UPS guy told me if I had something small or light to send to use the USPS to prevent myself from getting raped.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
FedEx is better.

Your stuff is subject to be stolen at the Post Office.  I know, I work there.  20 of my coworkers have been arrested for stealing.

FedEx is better.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
FedEx get's my vote I just received 3 packages of gun books that had been laying out in the rain for a day and a half! UPS just puts them anywhere!  It's a damned Easter egg hunt anymore!  Luckily one of the boksellers is filing a claim and I get my money back!
TF
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
You pay through the nose for all the extra services, such as on-line tracking across intl. borders, use of forwarders, delivery commitments, etc. The extra service is worth it for overseas shipments, but for low-priority items of low value to Canada/Mexico, don't bother. For shirts, USPS is fine. If you must have it delivered by a certain date, FedEx, Airborne, and DHL are better.

It's true UPS and USPS lose parcels, but they do have a lot of volumn. FedEx losses packages as well, but since their volumn is lower, you don't see it as much overall. But FedEx has one hell of a tracking system. UPS is still trying to catch up.

Watch out for multi-package COD shipments. To save money, some shippers only place COD on the first box. When the shipment reaches the consignee, he accepts everything but the COD box, and you're out the money.

The only reason I know this stuff is because I'm in the logistics software business.
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Rumor has it we have to pay extra (2nd day air) due to UPS's inability to control employee theft...post office bad too big metro main post offices are hi crime areas themselves...Fed Ex has my vote
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Bowers HAD a boycott on Airborne Express...I dont know what ever happened to it.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 3:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Last time I was at my local post office I noticed the sign (inside, btw) stating that it was illegal to have a firearm there.  So does that count if it's inside a package?

gotta love these laws.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top