Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 7:12:55 AM EDT
In two weeks the family and I are going to Nassau for 11 days.
I was just informed that one of our flights changed and we'll be having a 5 hour hold over in Charlette NC from 7:00am untill noon.
I was thinking on having a rental car waiting for us so we could go exploring
Any recommendations on what to do or how to fight the boredom?
Thanks.
Andy
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
First suggestion is that the spelling is Charlotte. The second one is that traffic is so horrendous until at least 9:00 you would be better off staying put. Sorry for the bad news. Borrow or buy some kind of portable DVD player / laptop. Gameboy for the kids & suck up the layover.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked in Charlotte for a short while, let me first say that Gun-fan is right in advising you against attempting the city due to traffic but downtown Charlotte also lacks "tourist friendly" streets in that I mean name changes, one-ways, and they aren't your typical "square" lay-out. It took me a week to get a decent route worked out from the interstate to where I worked (neighborhood of the Mint) and then I still had quite a bit of down time in traffic.

BTW gameboys are kinda inexpensive now.

Jake
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In two weeks the family and I are going to Nassau for 11 days.
I was just informed that one of our flights changed and we'll be having a 5 hour hold over in Charlette NC Andy
View Quote
Where's Charlette?
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Charlotte DOES have a Pro Bass (or is it Bass Pro) that is worth visiting if you've never been in one....  But then I've been known to drive thru Nebraska JUST to go to Cabelas! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Charlotte DOES have a Pro Bass (or is it Bass Pro) that is worth visiting if you've never been in one....  But then I've been known to drive thru Nebraska JUST to go to Cabelas! [:D]
View Quote

Unfortunately it is in a mall near Concord. Up I-85 near the speedway. Thats at least 30 miles from the airport. I didn't catch what day the family was to be laynig over. If on a weekend, then they might be able to do something.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been there several times but honestly I can't think of anything to recomend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top