Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2002 4:25:54 AM EDT
[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127418 [/url]

I have hoped that this would never happen on this site. That was posted at 11:30 last night and now locked because someone hasn't responded!?!?
[shock]
Give me a break! Sorry, but I rank this action right up there with National IDs and seat belts checks!
[pissed]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this one of the Laur threads? Its not at that addy anymore I think it has been moved.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's the Lauer thread, it was moved to the mod forum, until LCW, DVD Tracker, and FMJunkie can hopefully resolve their situation. That's all.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
WTF is a Laur thread??
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url] www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127418 [/url]

I have hoped that this would never happen on this site. That was posted at 11:30 last night and now locked because someone hasn't responded!?!?
[shock]
Give me a break! Sorry, but I rank this action right up there with National IDs and seat belts checks!
[pissed]
View Quote

Did you even read the thread?

Quoted:
I didn't move them because someone violated the conduct code. I moved them to prevent Lauer Custom getting bad publicity before they had a chance to respond.
I agree with you though Aggie that this thread will probably end up doing what we are trying to avoid.
So..I'll lock it and ask that no new threads are started untill DVDTracker and or FMJunkie choose to post an update.
edited to add. I received an e-mail from one of the thread authors who is alright with our decision to move his thread until he has a chance to contact Lauer. He will post an update tomorrow night.
View Quote

Spounds pretty self explanatory to me.  ar15.com is giving Lauer a chance to respond before the thread gets out of hand because Lauer doesn't spend much time on the board.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WTF is a Laur thread??
View Quote

Lauer Custom Firearms.  There have been two recent issues with them refinishing firearms that are being dealt with.  Nothing to worry about unless DVD Tracker and FMJunkie (who are the ones with the issues) say otherwise.  Right now it's being brought to Lauer's attention, since the threads were posted before Lauer was contacted about the mess ups.  I believe ar15.com is giving them a chance to rectify it before it gets out of hand, which I think is fair.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: Did you even read the thread?
View Quote

Hey, I'm the one that posted the link. HELL YES I read the locked thread! Apparently DVD Tracker and FMJunkie had a percieved issue or else the thread wouldn't have been moved and locked. Waverunner even said that there were no forum rules broken but yet it's gone.

Must be nice to have a 'big brother' to referee for you. What's "fair" about that? And Louis Freeh had Janet Reno!

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but this stinks! I'm usually very laid back and only post when I feel I can contribute something positive/insightful. Although this thread is not positive, it sure is insightful!
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted: Did you even read the thread?
View Quote

Hey, I'm the one that posted the link. HELL YES I read the locked thread! Apparently DVD Tracker and FMJunkie had a percieved issue or else the thread wouldn't have been moved and locked. Waverunner even said that there were no forum rules broken but yet it's gone.

Must be nice to have a 'big brother' to referee for you. What's "fair" about that? And Louis Freeh had Janet Reno!
View Quote

Oh come on!  Such righteous indignation over something that doesn't even concern you is laughable.  Do you have a right to know about it?  Sure, but I think it only fair that Lauer be contacted before anyone goes off half cocked.  That happens to be the reason why the original threads were moved to the Moderator forum and the subsequent post was locked.  And if you read the post then I'm sure you saw the part where Striker said he got e-mail from either FMJunkie or DVD Tracker (he didn't specify which one) that indicates that they agreed with him moving the thread for the time being.  This is an issue where Lauer hasn't been contacted about the issues and that is being remedied.  Simply put, the reason the threads were moved was because it's unfair for Lauer to get bad press when they don't even know there's an issue.  Do you understand that?  If they don't fix the issue after being notified then all is fair.

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but this stinks! I'm usually very laid back and only post when I feel I can contribute something positive/insightful. Although this thread is not positive, it sure is insightful!
View Quote

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  If Lauer doesn't fix the problem [b]after[/b] they've been notified, then feel free to crucify them.  Until then, I'd advise switching to decaf.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No kidding.  FMJunkie and DVDTracker are as good of guys as can be found on this Board, but I don't understand posting here before even contacting Lauer CW.  This makes no sense to me.  Everyone makes mistakes, LCW made mistakes, give them a chance to rectify it, then tell what happened--good or bad.
View Quote

In FMJunkie's case, the error was pointed out to him while he was posting pics of the finish on his AR10, which looked really good except for the flaw.  Some of the board members noticed something odd and pointed it out to him, which is when he realized there was a problem.  So, he didn't actually do any complaining.  He was just showing off his new toy and the flaw was noticed, and then everyone started to chime in.

Link Posted: 6/26/2002 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top