Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 9:27:48 PM EDT
I have a Lexmark x83 multifunction scanner/fax/printer that isn't responding because of an apparent port connection error (or so the message reads) that I cannot resolve. The drivers are installed, but I can't get a positive connection, no matter which USB device I link it to.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Save the headache, spend the extra money, and buy seperate scanner / fax / printer.

And for the love of god, get a printer that still uses the paralell port.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Just went thought the same thing with my Lex x63 all in one.  Called them and worked with them for about on hour trying different things.  They did send out a new unit as no cost which I thought was COOL, but it didn't work either.  I changed cables reinstalled drivers etc.  Mouse will work from either USB port but printing will not get error communicating with port error.  Sounds like the same thing.  I fixed mine by reinstalling the OS win98.  I did notice that AOE (Age of empires) game was causing trouble also. After running the game the printer would not print until reboot.  Try reinstalling the OS and see if that doesn't work.

FB
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:24:51 AM EDT
[#3]
You didn't just install [b]Windows xp[/b], did you?

That happened to me when I did, and it took me a week to download correct drivers and patches to make my Hewlett Packard all in one device work again!

Eric The(BeenThere,DoneThat)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top