Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2012 7:12:49 AM EDT
Ok, there is an upcoming career fair in February for alumni. I kick ass at career fairs, and every time I have gone (twice), I have received numerous bites, interviews, and job offers.

Well, one problem. I work at a corporate office of a major financial institution where the management that hired me are the same people that like to join the HR lackeys at career fairs to scope out fresh blood. And guess who will be at this upcoming career fair I want to attend? My boss and his boss (in addition to their HR slaves).

Is it too big of a gamble to go? The place is having the job fair is pretty big...
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You're looking at it all wrong!  There's a GREAT opportunity to approach your current employer about how much more you can offer to the company.  After all, they'll be in the recruitment frame of mind already.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If you go do not go under the assumption that you will be able to go without your current employer knowing.  Even if you never find out about it it will most definitely get back to your employer eventually.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top