Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2012 4:18:22 AM EDT
Every Saturday me and 10 - 15 other future soldiers meet at the recruiting office to do some training and exercises  . We usually just do some stretching , running , push ups and sit ups , but the recruiters asked us if there is anything else we wanted to do . I'm trying to come up with ideas to give them !

I volunteered to take whoever wanted to get some time behind a gun to the range . I also asked if he could get some ruck sacks so we could go on a ruck march .

Do any of you have any good ideas on what we could that would help us for basic training  or solider life .
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Look up calisthenics on google.

Also, look up something called FitDeck. It's like playing cards, only for exercises, shuffle them, choose your fitness level (easy, mild, hardcore) and go from there
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Set up some type of circuit course at a nearby park.  Set up different stations with distance between them, push up, situps, mountain climbers, 8 count man makers, bear crawl or run between stations.  Throw in a firemans carry in there too.  Oh and dont forget to get some asshole to scream at you, and tell you that you suck
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Trigger discipline?

Sorry, couldn't resist    
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask them if they have access to an obstacle course.

MPD165
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:55:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Set up some type of circuit course at a nearby park.  Set up different stations with distance between them, push up, situps, mountain climbers, 8 count man makers, bear crawl or run between stations.  Throw in a firemans carry in there too.  Oh and dont forget to get some asshole to scream at you, and tell you that you suck

We have Ar15 laser pointers Lol . What kind of circuit course  ? 8 court man maker ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Every Saturday me and 10 - 15 other future soldiers meet at the recruiting office to do some training and exercises  . We usually just do some stretching , running , push ups and sit ups , but the recruiters asked us if there is anything else we wanted to do . I'm trying to come up with ideas to give them !

I volunteered to take whoever wanted to get some time behind a gun to the range . I also asked if he could get some ruck sacks so we could go on a ruck march .

Do any of you have any good ideas on what we could that would help us for basic training  or solider life .

Show up at the office promptly at 6am, then wait until noon to do anything.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#7]
First  Aid Training.  Find some EMS that's willing to train everybody up to Basic CPR Standards/Certifications.  It's one thing to give mouth-to-mouth resusication to a dummy at Basic, it's completely different if you have to give mouth-to-mouth resusication to a person.  I remember in Basic when I had to open the dummy's mouth.  I was slightly freaked when I saw it had teeth.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We have Ar15 laser pointers Lol . What kind of circuit course  ? 8 court man maker ?

on an ipad, easier to cut&paste

Circuit course

8 count man maker
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:07:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Ask your sergeant if you can do all three levels of the online POSH training.  You'll enjoy that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First  Aid Training.  Find some EMS that's willing to train everybody up to Basic CPR Standards/Certifications.  It's one thing to give mouth-to-mouth resusication to a dummy at Basic, it's completely different if you have to give mouth-to-mouth resusication to a person.  I remember in Basic when I had to open the dummy's mouth.  I was slightly freaked when I saw it had teeth.

Thats a good idea ! Im going to look into that right now
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ask your sergeant if you can do all three levels of the online POSH training.  You'll enjoy that.

Whats that ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Throw in anti-terrorism, people trafficking and information awareness while you're at it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Prevention Of Sexual Harrassment.  Don't bring that up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Prevention Of Sexual Harrassment.  Don't bring that up.

Already took that class , Along with the repeal of the DADT policy
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Any more Ideas ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top