Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 5:42:36 PM EDT
I took delivery of a set of SerePick Bogota Titan lock picks a while ago and have been messing around with them off and on, like whenever I watch TV. I've got five or six Master padlocks that I practice with and can get them open pretty quickly now. Next I want to try my garage and backdoor doorknob locks, and see what else I can get into.

It takes a lot of sensitivity to feel the pins with the rake and how they're moving, and very slight adjustments on the tension wrench but it's a lot of fun to have and may end up being a useful skill someday. I like the SerePick set and would recommend it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I like! I build locks for cars all the time at work . So much fun to pick.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It's strangely satisfying to defeat a product meant to keep you out with a product designed to get you in. We'll see how far I'll end up taking this little hobby.

Good info for the pickin': The MIT Guide to Lock Picking
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top