Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 7:31:41 AM EDT
Took my 5 year old to see Tin Tin last night.  Excellent movie that almost makes up for Mutt Williams and the Crystal Skull.  

Lots of good non-pc action, great early 60s style and detail.  Also lots of Browning Hi Powers, a ppk, some mp44s and some  MAS rifles for the French Foreign Legion.  Stayed true to the source material.  I kept thinking that Tin Tin looked like Simon Pegg (who's in it) though.  

5 year old loved it, didn't quite understand the drunk Haddock thing, but that's okay.  

As far as the motion capture goes, it's a shit ton better than the tripe Robert Zemeckis has been cranking out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree with op. My 6 year old loved and it.  I love how non pc it was.  Tons of action and excellent voice acting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want your kids hooked on reading, buy them some Tintin books
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember watching the cartoons when I was a kid after school.  I'm definitely gonna go see this and I don't even have any kids.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
My daughter gave me RIN TIN TIN - The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean for Christmas. I'm about a quarter of the way thru. It's pretty interesting so far.

The original Rin Tin Tin was actually the second dog to make it big in the movies. The first was "Strongheart."

Daryl F. Zanuck got his start writing scripts for RTT. By the age of 25 he was running Warner Bros. Jack Warner called RTT the "mealticket" because of the cash his movies generated. At one point the dog was earning 1000 a week (1920's, early 30's - big bucks, then) and the lead actor in one of his movies was getting 150.

I'm enjoying it so far.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you want your kids hooked on reading, buy them some Tintin books

Yep, I couldn't get enough Tintin when I was a kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top