Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 9:35:00 PM EDT
I did a search and didn't find this up so here you go.........

HERE
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a lot of WTF in that story, along with insufficient details.

I'm assuming, given the arrest and bond, that there was more evidence than just some FDGB saying so... but lord, I can't ever fucking see that happening unless the EMT up front is in on it and waiting for sloppy seconds.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Having worked for AMR as a paramedic I can see how the driver could not be aware this was going on and I could imagine there are AMR out there somewhere that would do such a thing. Glad I don't work there anymore or depend on them.

If true, intubate the fuckers ass with a backboard then lock him up for life.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
"first-degree sexual assault and unlawful restraint and was released on $25,000 bond"

With that kind of bond, seems like something happened. If he did what is claimed he needs to be tied up and butt fucked nice and slow. in a loving kinda way......
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
He probably took advantage of lots of women. This one just happened to wake up while he was getting busy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Having worked for AMR as a paramedic I can see how the driver could not be aware this was going on and I could imagine there are AMR out there somewhere that would do such a thing. Glad I don't work there anymore or depend on them.

As a former slave of AMR too, I find it hard to believing the EMT couldn't see what was going on, are rigs even had those bubble mirrors stuck on the bulkhead so us drivers could see everything happening in the box. +1 to everything else you said.

I really want to pretend I am all butt hurt people are attacking a bad medic like some of the usual suspects on the LEO side do but in light of the seriousness of this thread I will abstain.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Sounds like someone has been watching too much "Mother, Jugs, and Speed."

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/mom-kills-intruder_n_1183336.html?ref=mostpopular

911 Tells Mom 'Do What You Have To Do'

Check out the other story.  Did we already do 5 threads on it?    Awesome Mom!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Isolated incident.
EMT made it home safe.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:40:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/mom-kills-intruder_n_1183336.html?ref=mostpopular

Ah, WFT? what does an (awesome) SD shooting have to do with a paramedic raping a woman?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Thankfully, I never had to work for AMR, but close enough, I have trouble believing the EMT didn't know what was going on.  That's just weird, and I feel like if a dude is gonna do that sort of thing, odds on, this isn't his first try.
Messed up, lock the dude up.  EMS depends on a lot of trust and respect from the public to stay safe (sort of safe), this kinda crap makes us all look bad, and puts the rest at risk.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, WFT? what does an (awesome) SD shooting have to do with a paramedic raping a woman?

It's on the same page.  Try clicking the link.  It's on the right.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a former slave of AMR too, I find it hard to believing the EMT couldn't see what was going on, are rigs even had those bubble mirrors stuck on the bulkhead so us drivers could see everything happening in the box. +1 to everything else you said.

I really want to pretend I am all butt hurt people are attacking a bad medic like some of the usual suspects on the LEO side do but in light of the seriousness of this thread I will abstain.

What type of squds did you have?  Ours were the van type and some had nothing but a small (maybe 20x20 inch) opening between the cab and the back of the van. I'm guessing if the pt. was unresponsive they were running hot and the driver would be unlikely to take his eyes off the road unless he had a really good reason to look back.

Also I don't know if AMR uses them but the squads built on a pickup truck chasis have almost no connection to the cab, you can barely yell back and fourth through it much less see anything other than maybe the back of the airway seat.

I worked with a guy who got fired after he transported a pt. from a small hospital to a larger one with a cath lab and totally mad up the entire run sheet. Made up vitals and everything, the pt. was a CCU nurse haha.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a paramedic slave for [redacted], soon to be a slave for AMR. I find this hard to believe. I'm not saying it's not true, just HIGHLY improbable. I'm guessing there's more to the story. I can't count how many times I've been accused of stuff by "patients". Never rape, though.  

I still think it's effed up that I (and others) are legally allowed and/or required to take people against their will as an employee of a private company. Then, they get a bill

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on the same page.  Try clicking the link.  It's on the right.  

Oh, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a paramedic slave for [redacted], soon to be a slave for AMR. I find this hard to believe. I'm not saying it's not true, just HIGHLY improbable. I'm guessing there's more to the story. I can't count how many times I've been accused of stuff by "patients". Never rape, though.  

I still think it's effed up that I (and others) are legally allowed and/or required to take people against their will as an employee of a private company. Then, they get a bill

That's a stretch, there are a lot of issues of consent, informed or otherwise.  You can't just grab people if they are able to refuse.  I know we left plenty of people I would have wanted to transport, but they refused, and they understood, we walked.  If we took them, that's kidnapping.

Implied consent is a pretty clear issue, I have never ran a call where it was in question for more than a couple of minutes.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I was always told, if they're unconscious, consent is implied.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What type of squds did you have?  Ours were the van type and some had nothing but a small (maybe 20x20 inch) opening between the cab and the back of the van. I'm guessing if the pt. was unresponsive they were running hot and the driver would be unlikely to take his eyes off the road unless he had a really good reason to look back.

Also I don't know if AMR uses them but the squads built on a pickup truck chasis have almost no connection to the cab, you can barely yell back and fourth through it much less see anything other than maybe the back of the airway seat.

I worked with a guy who got fired after he transported a pt. from a small hospital to a larger one with a cath lab and totally mad up the entire run sheet. Made up vitals and everything, the pt. was a CCU nurse haha.

Class B E450s, the entry between the cab and box was big enough to physically crawl/crouch through without too much trouble, if your rigs only have a 20"X20" window I can see how the EMT would not be able to observe the back of the rig.

I have known a few tards like that though they got weeded out quick, out here at least.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

In that context, the rule only applies within the boundaries of a frat house.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a stretch, there are a lot of issues of consent, informed or otherwise.  You can't just grab people if they are able to refuse.

Depends on local protocols. Here, in my opinion, they're fucked. I can't wait to move.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In that context, the rule only applies within the boundaries of a frat house.

I guess that joke only works for people who are EMTs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Christmas day, no less.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a stretch, there are a lot of issues of consent, informed or otherwise.  You can't just grab people if they are able to refuse.

Depends on local protocols. Here, in my opinion, they're fucked. I can't wait to move.  

OK, I have to hear this. I can tell you, depending on what AMR area you are working out of (I can only speak for the two I worked), if you don't have consent, written, verbal or implied and you don't have an order signed by an MD and a judge, you aren't going to be transporting anyone. If you wouldn't mind IMing me with the area that has local protocols that aren't exactly as I outlined up there? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I have to hear this. I can tell you, depending on what AMR area you are working out of (I can only speak for the two I worked), if you don't have consent, written, verbal or implied and you don't have an order signed by an MD and a judge, you aren't going to be transporting anyone. If you wouldn't mind IMing me with the area that has local protocols that aren't exactly as I outlined up there? Thanks.
Not at all. IM inbound.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#27]
One of the primary reasons we don't roll unless we have 2 in rear and one driver. Last belligerant male patient we had tried to feel up on the emt-i, who was taking care of him. I had to restrict him from doing that as he was smashed.

In our rigs driver can also see rear if he wanted to.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking Larry Hagman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top