Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 3:09:03 PM EDT
I few months ago I purchased one of the uber sexy arfcom billet lowers from the web store here. I selected the option for the Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS 45 degree safety lever, which came with two of the three options for levers BAD makes. I am a right handed shooter so the standard left side safety lever works like a dream. The lower came with a right side lever that was a wee bit shorter but seem to bump into my trigger finger knuckle ever so slightly enough to bother me.

So I thought to myself, "Self, I think I would like one of the thin levers BAD makes". So I fired off an email to BAD asking if I could purchase just the thin lever from them.  Roger Wang responded very promptly and told me of a lever exchange program, which I thought was neat. I went ahead and made the offer again to purchase the thin lever, where Roger said, let me send you the thin lever to play with and see if you really like it before you buy it.  Me––––––––––––> . So here is a company that I didn't directly purchase the product from, that doesn't know me from a can of paint, offering/did send me a part to try out and paid shipping out of their own pocket.

I know what you're thinking, "you had me at ".

Today I received the part in the mail and installed it. My thoughts are if you are going to be operating in heavy gloves and need the safety to be ambi you probably want the short lever and not the thin lever. In my case I hope to never have to be "operating" in an above average ninja capacity where I actually need the ambi safety.

The Reader's Digest Version/Take Home Point: Battle Arms Development's Customer Service blew my tactical ninja socks off. I will do more business with them and so should you.

See original short lever below

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Some damn fine customer service...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Big +1. Their product really is sweet and their lever exchange program removes any risk of picking a lever that doesn't work for you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
what's the advantage over a traditional safety/ambi safety lever?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I recently purchased their selector and the quality is extremely high. I'm very satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Safety disengages at a 45 degree rather than 90. Additionally, the SEXY factor is through the roof .
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Safety disengages at a 45 degree rather than 90. Additionally, the SEXY factor is through the roof .

is it still a positive "click" like on a standard safety?  

It always seemed that the multiple lever attachments points seemed weaker than a standard one piece safety.  Don't know if that's a big deal or not though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It always seemed that the multiple lever attachments points seemed weaker than a standard one piece safety.  Don't know if that's a big deal or not though.

Positive click- Yes

Built like a TANK

ETA: As I understand it the BAD doesn't work with all lowers. I am not sure what the criteria is for interfacing with lowers. Perhaps Duffy will chime in......

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like the products and they have awesome customer service.

I really want that new crank lever. Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Those are nice and all, but goddamn they are expensive.

Most nice things are

Cars, women, guns.....etc
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Positive click- Yes  
Built like a TANK

ETA: As I understand it the BAD doesn't work with all lowers. I am not sure what the criteria is for interfacing with lowers. Perhaps Duffy will chime in......

The 45 lever has a pin pressed into it so that it only works with lowers milled to take a 45 lever.  I asked Battle Arms if the pin was hard to remove and all I got was some gibberish about how awesome mill files are at removing stainless steel.  

They can't legally condone any modification to the selector.

They're not recommended for standard lowers (mainly as a liability stand point for Battle Arms') because of such widespread familiarity in the gun community with the 90 degree selector and the complications unfamiliarity of the lever's function might cause.   Beyond that the only miniscule thing to consider is the lower stamp won't line up with the selector.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most nice things are  

Cars, women, guns.....etc

Not really. Some things are over priced.

But you know the saying..a fool and his money....

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#15]
We sho' 'nuff can talk 'bout BAD!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I thought so too until I looked at some of the other ambi levers.

I'm thinking of adding one to my cart when I renew my membership.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I really like the products and they have awesome customer service.

I really want that new crank lever. Maybe next time.

I'm fairly certain that you can exchange a lever anytime you want, even if it used, beat up, painted, etc. So, if you really do want the new crank lever, I don't think there is anything stopping you from trying it out.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Yo style and such.......... I dig it

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been thinking about picking up one of these... after reading this thread I will.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#23]
That's a nice looking lower.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about picking up one of these... after reading this thread I will.

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Just bought one of these off a member here, threw it in my lower and my fuck is it nice.  

Is there anyway to get this:

BAD-ASS + Norgon Ambi-Catch COMBO SPECIAL

with the 45 deg selector?  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]
meh...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#27]
+1 for them. They were really nice in donating two ambi-safeties for last year's Self Defense and Fitness Forum Body Transformation Competition. They will get all of my safety business.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

We'll do it again this year if you guys are up for another round

Quoted:

+1 for them. They were really nice in donating two ambi-safeties for last year's Self Defense and Fitness Forum Body Transformation Competition. They will get all of my safety business.

That's a very generous offer good sir! Unfortunately I'm absolutely swamped this year and it doesn't look like anyone else has posted about doing one last I checked. There's always next year though.

Thanks for the offer. You guys really are the best.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The 45 degree short throw selectors are not compatible with non-45/90 specific receivers.  We had to put a "lawyer pin" in the short throw selector center to prevent its use on a 90 degree receiver, because the position marker doesn't point to the 12 o'clock FIRE engraving.

It may sound stupid to you and me (it is), but we just don't need to open doors to litigation.  On a 45 degree selector, the position marker points at 10 to 11 o'clock, making a drop-in short throw selector a liability issue for us.  For months, the 45 degree selector was on the brink of being shelved because of it.  the "lawyer pin", as much as we don't like it, actually saved the 45 degree selector project.

The infamous lawyer pin:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/Duffypoo/45degreeselectorblock.jpg

The pin is the only thing stopping it from working in any standard AR receiver.  It voids the warranty to remove the pin, though it doesn't weaken the selector.

The regular 90 degree selector works with any AR receiver that uses standard AR FCG parts.  For S&W M&P 15-22, we'll have a new selector center for the 15-22 soon

You've caught my attention.  Having had to do some literal hacking on parts to get them to work with my 15-22, I like this idea.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll be ordering one of the ARFcom lowers for an SBR project soon, so it looks like I'm in for one too....

Great Post OP

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#33]
This is good to know.  I was looking at getting one of those 45* selectors, but bought other stuff and just forgot that they are out there!  The +1 for CS only makes me want one more...

Thanks for posting!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top