Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Do vant wery much!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I will take 2 please
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Last I heard the Honeybadger was not integrally suppressed, AAC made a can just for it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#10]
i'm so jealous of this guy
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a nice toy, but not the tool of choice for the PDW application.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WANT!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#14]
yes those new explosives are fucking rediculous.....wait what there was a gun in there?
JK I WANT ONE NOW
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#15]
someone forward that to The Walking Dead producers...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone know what the muzzle velocity is out of that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#17]
The Honey Badger is getting a ton of play right now, but besides grafting on an Mp5 type stock to an SBR'ed AR-15 in .300blk, what else makes it the wet-dream of the gun world right now?

I mean, except for the stock, I'm under the impression that anyone with an SBR'ed AR lower could build the same gun with off the shelf parts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

For 220 grain SMKs, about 1000fps. For 125 grain supersonics, I think you can get over 3000fps.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#20]
omg that thing is so cool. i can't wait to finish my .300blk build.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Honey Badger is getting a ton of play right now, but besides grafting on an Mp5 type stock to an SBR'ed AR-15 in .300blk, what else makes it the wet-dream of the gun world right now?

I mean, except for the stock, I'm under the impression that anyone with an SBR'ed AR lower could build the same gun with off the shelf parts.

uh, it's called the honey badger?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That one looked full auto. I can't buy that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So it is not cool because you can build something similar??
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

AAC is really doing their homework on AR15 Parts. Seriously examining the best materials for every possible component right down to springs and detents.

The easy way to build a rifle is to just use the same parts everyone else is using or whatever is popular.

The hard way is to find out every possible material and spec used to build a part, getting several of each, testing the hell out of them then sourcing the one that is proven to work best.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, got it. Its a brown M16 in .300 with a can that fits under the handguards and a two position stock. I guess I'm waiting for the part where I understand all the hype. I shot a suppressed thirty caliber AR for the first time maybe ten years ago now. It was a 7.62x39 Colt with plastic hand guards, and it had a regular CAR-15 stock, but to my eye it did basically the same thing. Honey Badger seems like an improvement on that concept to be sure, but the hype around it makes me wonder if it totally kicks ass in Battlefield 3 or something...

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, got it. Its a brown M16 in .300 with a can that fits under the handguards and a two position stock. I guess I'm waiting for the part where I understand all the hype. I shot a suppressed thirty caliber AR for the first time maybe ten years ago now. It was a 7.62x39 Colt with plastic hand guards, and it had a regular CAR-15 stock, but to my eye it did basically the same thing. Honey Badger seems like an improvement on that concept to be sure, but the hype around it makes me wonder if it totally kicks ass in Battlefield 3 or something...

its not in any video games that i know of (yet)

and yes it is something you could put together yourself with parts but the lower receiver is custom made to accept that mp5 type stock.

the popularity is all in the round (300 aac blackout)

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#27]

uh...wtf was that.  A video about a video telling me to watch a video

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

For 220 grain SMKs, about 1000fps. For 125 grain supersonics, I think you can get over 3000fps.

2200ish. Probably less from the 6" barrel in the HB.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It was designed for people who aren't playing games.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was designed for people who aren't playing games.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAC is really doing their homework on AR15 Parts. Seriously examining the best materials for every possible component right down to springs and detents.

The easy way to build a rifle is to just use the same parts everyone else is using or whatever is popular.

The hard way is to find out every possible material and spec used to build a part, getting several of each, testing the hell out of them then sourcing the one that is proven to work best.

This is the answer I was looking for. That's very cool to hear. I will now dutifully join the mass arfcom masturbation over this rifle.

I'm planning on building a retro lightweight carbine this year, an XM-177 or CAR-15 type build using a large-hole Colt slab side upper receiver I picked up for Christmas.  I'm thinking about putting a .300 tube on it. Wouldn't that freak people out?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the answer I was looking for. That's very cool to hear. I will now dutifully join the mass arfcom masturbation over this rifle.

I'm planning on building a retro lightweight carbine this year, an XM-177 or CAR-15 type build using a large-hole Colt slab side upper receiver I picked up for Christmas.  I'm thinking about putting a .300 tube on it. Wouldn't that freak people out?

i was trying to talk a fellow arfcommer into finding a .300blk barrel for his new SKS. that would be cool.

i think .300blk has A LOT of promise. it's a pretty badass cartridge if you go read about it, and if you reload, it's not that expensive, hell even buying the rounds manufactured is cheaper than some of the bastard calibers out there...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#33]
His accent was slipping....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#34]

How does the weapon system fire 2 completely different cartridges with just a magazine change? Wouldn't you have to change the barrels too?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
His accent was slipping....

it always does.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

How does the weapon system fire 2 completely different cartridges with just a magazine change? Wouldn't you have to change the barrels too?

he was referring to subsonic vs supersonic loads. you'd have to adjust your sights, though, as the sub loads mimic .45acp and the supersonics are similar to 7.62x39 ballistics
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#37]
This may have gotten me interested in the Blackout cartridge.
I am thinking a simple 727 type carbine with a can.

What is the optimum barrel length for this cal running subs?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This may have gotten me interested in the Blackout cartridge.
I am thinking a simple 727 type carbine with a can.

What is the optimum barrel length for this cal running subs?

designed for the 9" bbl. AAC makes a proprietary upper in 9" designed for the sub loads.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#39]
oh hell yes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I want one. Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But, but, but, but, this one is from AAC!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Honey Badger don't care
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top