Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2012 12:24:45 PM EDT
I didn't realize they had enough power to put a penny through a cardboard box.  Also, they are great for hitting family members with marshmallows.  That is all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
when i was like 11 or 12 my bb gun broke, so i bought a wrist rocket and it had the leather pouch

which i found out it was perfect for spitting a wad of loose bbs into while pinching the bottom of the pouch shut.

wall-la slingshot shotgun, back in business killing birds

almost forgot.. they work good for shooting m80`s out of once you get past the learning curve of dropping your left

arm upon release
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
What's a wrist rocket?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
A device to make you fap faster..............
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's a wrist rocket?

slingshot apparently
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What's a wrist rocket?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's a wrist rocket?

Slingshot with a wristbrace
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to use 1/2inch ball bearings in mine
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Try marbles.
I swear you can cap a possum with a marble.
I put very deep dents in a pine fence with one.
We won't even talk about the 1/4 inch steel BB's that crossman makes for them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
When we were kids my little brother could knock a sparrow off a telephone line with a slingshot and a ball bearing.  I always seemed to get popped in the wrist.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Throwing darts were fun in a slingshot.

Now, how the fuck do you shoot a throwing dart with a slingshot, you ask??  You hold the weighted barrel with the point downward in the sling.  When you release, it straightens out in a few feet and flies point-first.  IIRC, it was pretty accurate and hard hitting.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Try marbles.

yea, used  marbles to bust out car windows because big lead split shots were too soft...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Painballs.  It makes it like a grown man's color crayon!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What's a wrist rocket?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Try hotel room keys, you can send them a good quarter mile given the right wind.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a bag of marbles, the white or light work well, you can see them.

Now, lead sinkers are great,,,,, esp. 4-8 oz.! Launch them vertically, you can see them, velocity is sooooo slow, it's like 1/10 normal projectiles. try it, in an open area, use extra heavy lead weights, shoot as vert. as possible, dodge them as they come down.

It's a fucking hoot. keep you eye on them, if you loose visual, run motherfucker.

We used to stand next to each other an see how close we could come, they didn't go very high, 80-100 ft, something like that.

yeah, I know what a Wrist rocket is for. And yes, will dent hard pine posts with marbles.

Hit someone in the head, it's coloring books for Christmas.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We used to walk along the railroad tracks and find a lot of stones that had become round from all the trains and the vibration they caused when going by.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#18]

back in the good ol days we would walk the tracks, line up beer bottles and use rocks for ammo..
you can get pretty good with those things with enough practice..
would be good for taking squirrels and not being heard..
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Those are nasty slingshots.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#20]
we called them n

never mind
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We used to walk along the railroad tracks and find a lot of stones that had become round from all the trains and the vibration they caused when going by.

No trains where I grew up but lots of lakes and rivers..
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#22]
They are banned  here with a "felony possesion inside the home" they fall into the same category as supressors .

Yeah fuck the communists
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I had/have a couple wrist rockets round here somewhere.
I also have a couple neat forked branch wood ones as well that my dad made for me when I was little.
used to be you could buy the rubbers and pouch at hardware store already assembled and ready to be tied on the forked branch style
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#24]
One of the dual surviver guys can show you now to mount a split ring between the arms so it can shoot arrows...
Search youtube....
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I noticed you live in CA. Do you have to register it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#26]
old news vid of the "Carolina slingshot man"
slingshots run strong in North carolina fellas  ––used to at least
copy/paste

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ieWrWLjii0
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#27]
as a kid, my dad worked in a ball bearing factory, i owned a slingshot, and he would bring rejects home for me. good times.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I had one in Afghanistan, we had a ton of fun with it. The ANA would be asleep up in the guard towers so we would load 3 or 4 bolts, nuts whatever we could find and launch them at the side of the guard tower. Those idiots would come out screaming like school children, runnin down the stairs and off to their hooches; leavin all the weapons and gear up in the guard tower.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I loved mine. Too bad they are illegal in ny now

I'm up here visiting and can't wait to go home.  It can be a beautiful place, but damn, I feel like I'm in communist China.

Went to the local gun store and spent the whole time looking at rifles with this look on my face:  

And don't get me started on the price of "preban" mags....it's all I can do not to burst into laughter....and now you tell me slingshots are illegal here?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That werent stones, it was pig iron.
Pachinko balls were the ticket when we were kids.

A friends dad worked at a warehouse that stocked these and we got bags of 100 cheap.

500 for $35. http://www.google.com/search?q=Pachinko+balls&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Hmmm....Ive been looking for something new to play with. Guess I'll have to go buy one today.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I had/have a couple wrist rockets round here somewhere.
I also have a couple neat forked branch wood ones as well that my dad made for me when I was little.
used to be you could buy the rubbers and pouch at hardware store already assembled and ready to be tied on the forked branch style

Still can.

I think the replacement parts for mine came from WalMart.

And yeah, I wouldn't wanna get shot with one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Now, how the fuck do you shoot a throwing dart with a slingshot, you ask??  You hold the weighted barrel with the point downward in the sling.  When you release, it straightens out in a few feet and flies point-first.  IIRC, it was pretty accurate and hard hitting.

Oh man. I am TOTALLY gonna try that.

Also look for Dave Canterbury's sling shot arrow thrower using an archery biscuit. (On Youtube)

And, I speak from experience WEAR EYE PROTECTION WHEN YOU SHOOT.  I had a band slip off the end one time and snap me in the eye and cheek.  Bounce-back is probably not a problem but the band can still mess you up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#35]
When I was little one of the neighbor kids embedded a 1/4"-3/8" steel ball bearing in another kid's leg with one of those.

It was the 80's so no cops or lawyers got involved, they just dug it out and laughed about it later.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I did the same thing with those mini-darts that came with the desktop dart boards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

also illegal in the PRNJ
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Welcom to the club.

As far as our law goes all types of slingshot (twig+rubberband) result in a felony weapon possesion chrag.

They were always popular with fishermen (shooting bait into the river) and I have pleny of cases here of old geezers going out to fish and coming back as felons for weapons law violations.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#39]
First thing I thought of was this...

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the same thing with those mini-darts that came with the desktop dart boards.

Try full sized arrows, they are a hoot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Slingshotforum.com
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#42]
oops

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcom to the club.

As far as our law goes all types of slingshot (twig+rubberband) result in a felony weapon possesion chrag.

They were always popular with fishermen (shooting bait into the river) and I have pleny of cases here of old geezers going out to fish and coming back as felons for weapons law violations.

You guys have an entire city devoted to debauchery but you can't even put a rubber band on a forked limb?

I'm glad my family immigrated from Holland when they did.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Try marbles.

I looked out my patio door a few years ago and saw a LARGE dog just getting settled to dump a deuce on my yard. I caught him in the butt with a marble. He looked around with a expression and hauled boogie, job unfinished.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Get yourself a bag of 00 or 000 buckshot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

or cut open a shell.

heck, why not a musket ball?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They are banned  here with a "felony possesion inside the home" they fall into the same category as supressors .

Yeah fuck the communists

Seriously????  You guys can't have a simple child's toy over there?  Dang!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Mr. Sprave (youtube slingshot channel) has a new zombie killer model with a spike and skull ejector. Would someone mind embedding that particular vid? TIA.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Get a fishing sinker mold (for the round split shot ones)...much cheaper than buckshot.

The railroad "stones" are called taconite. It's compressed iron ore. Dad used to work at a steel mill and would bring it home for me. Kind of messy, though. Covered in rust powder until you wash it.

My cubscouts did a pretty cool project. I found enough walking stick sized saplings in the woods and left the forks on them. The boys cut and trimmed them until they had a walking stick with a sling shot on the top. We included a hole in the shaft and made an Ojibway bird trap ( you can google it, I'm sure). So, they had quite the multi purpose walking stick. We had a cool den.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#50]
I have taken a few squirrels with one.  I like to use 45 cal 200gr SWCs out of it. They have more drop but seem to have a better effect on the target than 1/4" ball bearings.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top