Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 12:00:26 PM EDT
Just got an email several days after my order.

Turns out, out of the 6 items I ordered 4 of them are on back order including the "clearance/OVERSTOCK" Item

Ordered: 1 SS-SOG-Micron SOG Micron Tanto Pocket Knife OVERSTOCK $8.99
   Ship Date: Item Backordered

Seriously LA Police gear? I'm not going to change anything on my order, and I do realize they had a big sale, but I think it's pretty crappy policy for a company to not let a customer know an item is on back order. . . now I have the option of shipping items individually at cost to me?

Why would an item you state as "overstock" (meaning to me you have too much of it in your stock!) be on back order? I didn't really want the thing ayways, I was going to use it to open boxes around the office.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I know this is a somewhat common practice but this will be the last time I order from LA Police Gear.

****EDIT: To my surprise, I just received an email from a nice girl at LA Police Gear Customer Service who wants to help me resolve the situation. Obviously they don't have all of my items in stock, but I have to appreciate any company that will reach out to me over a random internet complaint****
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My one week backorder is going on a month now.  I'm about to cancel and not order from them again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah ordered 4 items from them on 12/7, one item was back ordered and instead of send the other 3 they are holding the entire order...ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had issues with them. I ordered a Gerber LMF and the LAPG 3 Day Pack within the last two years with no issues. I've heard other people say they've had issues though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm debating just canceling the order. Does anyone know a proper outlet for this? would I have to call them up or possibly dispute this on my credit card?

The thing that really gets me is the "overstock" item on backorder? That's just flat out wrong.

To be fair I've heard good things about LA Police Gear, I wasn't going to go with Botach just because of the horrible rep they have but I'm sitting here almost a week after my order and instead of expecting a box at my house they tell me two thirds of my order isn't in stock?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm debating just canceling the order. Does anyone know a proper outlet for this? would I have to call them up or possibly dispute this on my credit card?

The thing that really gets me is the "overstock" item on backorder? That's just flat out wrong.

To be fair I've heard good things about LA Police Gear, I wasn't going to go with Botach just because of the horrible rep they have but I'm sitting here almost a week after my order and instead of expecting a box at my house they tell me two thirds of my order isn't in stock?

I have been on hold trying to cancel my order for about 30 minutes.  I sent an email to the "cancel order" link they have on the site but I would rather get somebody to do it now than hope they read the email.  I will just go ahead and order the items from one of the other dozens of vendors that have them in stock and get the stuff in a couple days at the same price.  I have one item backordered and they are holding 5, ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been on hold trying to cancel my order for about 30 minutes.  I sent an email to the "cancel order" link they have on the site but I would rather get somebody to do it now than hope they read the email.  I will just go ahead and order the items from one of the other dozens of vendors that have them in stock and get the stuff in a couple days at the same price.  I have one item backordered and they are holding 5, ridiculous.

You likely selected the option to do that...  It's part of the shipping area during checkout.  I seem to remember an option to ship as available, and one to hold until all is available (cheapest).  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its driving me nuts. I payed 11 bucks to ship a stupid back pack and some other small items Yet they still won ship the 3 small items, 2 of which would fit in a regular sized envelope
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the opposite for me. . . I ordered several items and only the surefire batteries are in stock. . . . They honestly don't think I can find Troy rails and a Hogue AR grip from another site for the same price if not cheaper?

Can you throw me the cancel order number? all I found was there "to place an order" number.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the opposite for me. . . I ordered several items and only the surefire batteries are in stock. . . . They honestly don't think I can find Troy rails and a Hogue AR grip from another site for the same price if not cheaper?

Can you throw me the cancel order number? all I found was there "to place an order" number.

All I have is the email and general customer service number, I am going to try to call again monday because I have to go to the gym.  I literally spent over 30 minutes on the phone on hold already.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still waiting on an item. . . .from October. . . .
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
happens to me every damn time I order from them
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Like Botach, LA Police Gear uses Yahoo for their shopping cart/eCommerce.  It sucks when it come to keeping track of whats in stock and whats not.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like LA Police Gear, but their inventory system sucks; one time most of my order was not in stock, and they charged me $10 shipping to send $10 worth of goods , but a quick call got that resolved.  Another time my order was waiting for a back-order item (paracord, maybe) and by the time that item arrived the close-out item was sold out from underneath me.  Meh.

Despite that, I'll order from them again.  Nothing I buy from them is "mission critical" or time sensitive. I think others hear here sendsay they always place their order over the phone, or at least call and confirm inventory before ordering.

CSB,
my 2¢,
YMMV,
etc.
-WTF

Edited for speeling and gramar
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Not uncommon with LAPG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got an email several days after my order.

Turns out, out of the 6 items I ordered 4 of them are on back order including the "clearance/OVERSTOCK" Item

Ordered: 1 SS-SOG-Micron SOG Micron Tanto Pocket Knife OVERSTOCK $8.99
   Ship Date: Item Backordered

Seriously LA Police gear? I'm not going to change anything on my order, and I do realize they had a big sale, but I think it's pretty crappy policy for a company to not let a customer know an item is on back order. . . now I have the option of shipping items individually at cost to me?

Why would an item you state as "overstock" (meaning to me you have too much of it in your stock!) be on back order? I didn't really want the thing ayways, I was going to use it to open boxes around the office.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I know this is a somewhat common practice but this will be the last time I order from LA Police Gear.

sounds rather fraud-like...

maybe call the BBB or the AG
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really like LA Police Gear, but their inventory system sucks; one time most of my order was not in stock, and they charged me $10 shipping to send $10 worth of goods , but a quick call got that resolved.  Another time my order was waiting for a back-order item (paracord, maybe) and by the time that item arrived the close-out item was sold out from underneath me.  Meh.

Despite that, I'll order from them again.  Nothing I buy from them is "mission critical" or time sensitive. I think others hear send the always place their order over the phone, or at least called and confirmed inventory before ordering.

CSB,
my 2¢,
YMMV,
etc.
-WTF

I probably should have done some more homework and gone that route. I didn't order from Botach just because I heard so much bad press about them from GD and others just through normal conversation. Never did a search they just have such a bad rep it transcended into common knowledge.

The "overstock" item really bugs me as I feel I've been deceived a bit. I honestly don't mind waiting. . you can tell from my feedback I buy gunparts constantly. . .  but that alone makes me not want to give them any of my business.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Love their selection and prices, but their inventory to website interface is terrible. If Midway and Brownells can do it, so can LAPG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I see they haven't changed any. This is exactly why I quit ordering from them two maybe three years ago.

Clearance items on backorder, waiting for weeks or months.

I canceled three orders in a row and the last one I told them I would never order from them again. They didn't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Thats why I avoid any website that uses yahoo for their eCommerce.  Had the same thing happen when I ordered some cigars a few years back.  I had to cancel the order.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Thats why I avoid any website that uses yahoo for their eCommerce.  Had the same thing happen when I ordered some cigars a few years back.  I had to cancel the order.

How do you ascertain that?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats why I avoid any website that uses yahoo for their eCommerce. Had the same thing happen when I ordered some cigars a few years back. I had to cancel the order.

But I'm not sure if its Yahoos fault or LAPGs fault. LAPGs lost sales, thats for sure.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I have bought from them a few times, I have had to wait for them to ship out of stock items, but they always shipped them, and with something thrown in for free...5.11 hat, etc.
I will buy from them agian in the future.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have bought from them a few times, I have had to wait for them to ship out of stock items, but they always shipped them, and with something thrown in for free...5.11 hat, etc.
I will buy from them agian in the future.

Again I'm a pretty patient guy. . . Since I'm not a Tier 1 operator I don't really need to have my hogue grip for my sub 2000 or my Surefire batteries ASAP.

But to be fair a free hat isn't going to get repeat business with a company that put my "OVERSTOCK" SOG knife on backorder. That's just flat out deceiving.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thats why I avoid any website that uses yahoo for their eCommerce. Had the same thing happen when I ordered some cigars a few years back. I had to cancel the order.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/policestuff/rswd-footer-logos.jpg

But I'm not sure if its Yahoos fault or LAPGs fault. LAPGs lost sales, thats for sure.
There's that, and once you add an item to your shopping cart and try to check out yahoo will be in the url.  It could be coincidence, but like I said Botach uses it too.  The cigar website I ordered "in stock" cigars from and then had to cancel the order because they were backordered indefinitely was http://buymorecigars.com/index.html, which also uses Yahoo.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Most I ever had to wait on their items were 1 week.

I can say this until I am blue in the face and still no one here listens to me.

Find the item on line, then call your order in.

I have some pants a new light inbound from them, no waiting. Shipped next day.

I am happy to shop from them.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just seems like a hassle at that point. . . Their prices are competitive but they're certainly not the only game in town.

Why I should just stick to the EE!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What happened to the previous light again?  The problem with LAPG is they do not have a live inventory tracking system.  I have ordered things that showed in stock only to find out the number of overnight orders exceeded existing stock. I don't find that to be a huge deal, but I'm a patient sort.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't say for sure, but the item I'm still waiting for (clearance) I didn't think was backordered when I ordered it. . . .I got a message saying it would be in stock in a certain amount of time. . .after that time had passed I inquired and was told it would be in stock in 1––2 weeks. . . When two weeks passed, I again asked about it (they never reach out to you) and was told that they have no idea when it will be in stock. . . .WTF?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Never had one problem from LAPG.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened to the previous light again?  ....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top