Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the haters!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Woot! Go Ron Paul!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
* This is not a Ron Paul thread.  Just showing the GOA Report Card.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
But but but everyone tells me Paul is crazy and is a traitor!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Bb bb bbbbbbut....

He is a member of the NRA. And the NRA works to improve our rights and change bad laws right?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to go back to the 1970's when the only thing that mattered in my life was what was Mom cooking for chow and what time can I stay out and play til!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Everyone is right.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

RP said a traitor is a hero. Get it straight.

Were you saying Sarah could see russia from her home in 2008, Bush started illegal wars and McCain wanted to stay in Iraq for 100 years? Just say no to leftwing extremism. You're not an idiot.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Who here that supports 2A can possibly vote for Romney?????
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Who here that supports 2A can possibly vote for Romney?????

The Thousands of Big Government pro union elite that flock to this board because they own a Taurus Judge and think they are Pro 2nd Amendment, when they really could give a shit less as long as the government supports them and keeps them safe.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Not that I really disagree that Mitt is horrible on gun issues, but is there some sort of methodology to this or did someone just come up with the ratings?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I doubt Bachmann is on the same level as Perry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone support Romney here?

Yeah, Paul is good on guns and taxes, but he's batshit crazy about too many other things to be a contender.

If guns is the ONE and ONLY thing you care about then vote Paul.

Honestly, I'll probably vote for whoever goes against Obama, but that's not saying much. Pretty much the same as choosing to get kicked in the face vs. getting kicked in the nuts.

I want a REAL fucking candidate.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#14]
You'd think with Romney being from one of the most heavily armed states in the union (Utah), he would be getting an A+ on 2A issues......
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I want Perry.

I will vote for Romney if he is the nominee.

Perry is not perfect. He is the best choice overall. IMHO and I understand anyone who feels differently.]

I will not assist in any way helping to get obama elected to make some point that doesn't matter to anyone. You can't vote 3rd party or stay home and expect that to be what makes a change.

Elections are about votes and winners and margin of victory. The closer the margin of victory the more leverage the opposition has in attempting to override campaign promises that the victor told the public he would enact.

PLUS if you don't vote and you happen to need the personal assistance of an elected official. The first fucking thing they do before trying to help you if see if you cared enough to even cast a vote. I assure you that happens. They can't tell who you voted for, but they can see if you voted. This means more locally that nationally, but the same principle applies.

I'm sorta beginning to think that Perry is the least-worst one...again, not saying much but there it is....

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I want Perry.

Perry is not perfect. He is the best choice overall.[ IMHO and I understand anyone who feels differently.]

I will not assist in any way helping to get obama elected to make some point that doesn't matter to anyone. You can't vote 3rd party or stay home and expect that to be what makes a change.

Elections are about votes and winners and margin of victory. The closer the margin of victory the more leverage the opposition has in attempting to override campaign promises that the victor told the public he would enact.

PLUS if you don't vote and you happen to need the personal assistance of an elected official. The first fucking thing they do before trying to help you if see if you cared enough to even cast a vote. I assure you that happens. They can't tell who you voted for, but they can see if you voted. This means more locally that nationally, but the same principle applies.

And I'm sure there's no Texas bias in that statement...

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#19]
gun owners don't want Mitt Romney, I'd say that's pretty clear
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2012 Presidential Candidates

Friday, 11 November 2011 14:30

Ron Paul            A+
Rick Perry          A
Michelle Bachmann   A
Rick Santorum    B-
Newt Gingrich     C
Mitt Romney      D-

GOA Presidential Candidates 2012

Ron Paul 2012!

I hear ya brother but at this point you should probably consider posting Obamas score as well....so we will have Romney D- vs. Obama F....nice....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want Perry.

Perry is not perfect. He is the best choice overall.[ IMHO and I understand anyone who feels differently.]

And I'm sure there's no Texas bias in that statement...

Sounds like a reasonable statement to me...unlike so many of Paul's supporters statements...

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#22]
dupe
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want Perry.

Perry is not perfect. He is the best choice overall. IMHO and I understand anyone who feels differently.]

I'm sorta beginning to think that Perry is the least-worst one...again, not saying much but there it is....

I would like to see Perry

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#24]
No compromise types will always be with the GOA and RP. While it has it's places and times, the trouble is, on balance, "no-compromise" doesn't get as much good done as well thought out, strategic compromise. I dont like it, but that doesn't change political reality - It's been like that since the birth of this nation.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#25]
It doesn't suprise me that Ron Paul supporters belong to GOA.  Both are completely clueless about how the real world works.  GOA has the "no compromise" and yelling in your face how you are wrong attitude...how is that working out for Open Carry in California?  Oh, that's right their antics got a law passed making it illegal.  Congratulations.

If you want some valid information that actually applies to the real world and how things get done then stick with the NRA and their ratings.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.  That about sums up Ron Pauls ideas.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
GOA - approximately as relevant as Ron Paul.  Match made in heaven.

I agree.  And I say that as a GOA life member.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I doubt Bachmann is on the same level as Perry.

She is out anyway
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/michele-bachmann-ends-campaign-15288208
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#30]
AS a Paul supporter, at this point I would praise God if Perry got the nod (assuming Paul did not).
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#31]
GO who?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It doesn't suprise me that Ron Paul supporters belong to GOA.  Both are completely clueless about how the real world works.  GOA has the "no compromise" and yelling in your face how you are wrong attitude...how is that working out for Open Carry in California?  Oh, that's right their antics got a law passed making it illegal.  Congratulations.

If you want some valid information that actually applies to the real world and how things get done then stick with the NRA and their ratings.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#33]
At this point any gun owner who has been paying attention knows that Romney sucks ass on RKBA issues, and doesn't need GOA to tell them that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

At this point any gun owner who has been paying attention knows that Romney sucks ass on RKBA issues, and doesn't need GOA to tell them that.

I give this post an A. Pictures of bacon would have brought it up to A+.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

True enough.

But I'm still shocked by the number of Romney supporters on the premier gun site on the web.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

True enough.

But I'm still shocked by the number of Romney supporters on the premier gun site on the web.

You're confusing "people who will vote for a head of cabbage over Obama" for "supporters".
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd hate to see us throw away our chance to beat Obama- None of the higher rated guys will do it- because in his other life as president of a liberal state, Romney went along to get along on gun control.

It would certainly be better if he had a long-term pro gun history but he's talking the talk now and there is no way in hell he's going to go for unpopular gun control legislation when the people who got him in DON'T want it.  Hell, even Obama can't do shit and some of his constituents DO want it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#39]

you are getting some good practice with embedding

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

True enough.

I like to win, and I don't have the same fucking litmus test where someone has to be the perfect conservative of my wet dreams.  The GOP fits me better than the democrats and I absolutely have no worries that president Romney would take my guns away.

Pick an idiotic war-monger like Santorum (who was one of two senators to vote against Robert Gates ), and I'm not coming along for the ride and neither are enough people to give Obama another 4.

It's fairly simple.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd swallow a lot less bile voting for Rick Perry in the general election than Mitt Romney.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RP said a traitor is a hero. Get it straight.

Right.

Bradley Manning is a traitor.  He deserves to be executed, but instead, Ron Paul extols him as a hero.

Ron Paul is not fit to be president.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

True enough.

I haven't seen too many all-in for Romney as their #1 guy. More than a few will vote for him over Obama though, as will I. He isn't going to instigate any gun bans. That means Congress is in the driver's seat as far as advancing dumbass bans. IF any actually reached his desk, we stand a better chance of a veto with him than Obama: He wants NRA approval and votes, Obama doesn't. He wants to get reelected, Obama would be on the way out.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone is right.

Ron Paul is crazy.  He's not a traitor.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I've searched for the NRA grades, but can't seem to find them.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Woot! Go Ron Paul!

Hell ya! Go Ron Paul; go far away. Maybe to Iran or to the estate Where Assange is living. Anywhere but America, though.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
AS a Paul supporter, at this point I would praise God if Perry got the nod (assuming Paul did not).

Agreed.   I think Santorum is just as bad as Romney and Newt (just in a different way).
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Would never vote for Romney.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top