Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 9:59:21 AM EDT
A couple of days ago I noticed that the gum right behind my very back tooth was a little swollen and sensitive (this has happened in the past and would go away after a couple days).  It has gradually gotten worse, but seems to get worse when i bump it with a tooth brush or bite down on it.  It is almost like a compartmentalized knot with very little swelling in the surrounding area.  My question is what should i do if it gets much worse considering that this is friday and I don't see myself getting to a dentist until monday at the earliest.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#1]
drink alot of alcohol
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
i got nothin

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
pre-eruptive wisdom tooth?

I only guess because I have one that is erupted but lays horizontal and gives me problems for a few days 2-3 times a year.

Ibuprofin takes care of it for the most part for me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Gargle with warm/hot salty water.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
If it is that bad, and you have a good relationship with your dentist, I would call now and tell them what is going on. 9 times out of 10 my dentist  will tell me to come in ASAP so they can take a quick look, instead of dealing with an emergency weekend call, and if you do have a nasty infection, sooner or later you are going to have to head in and deal with it. BTW, I'm not a dentist, but a bunch of my cousins are.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top