Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 6:43:02 AM EDT
In a scathing letter to sent to Barack Obama this morning, Senator Marco Rubio said that under the President’s first term in office, “more and more people have come to believe that America is becoming a deadbeat nation.”

Rubio went on to pledge that he would challenge any further increase in the debt ceiling, arguing that “we [Congress] need to make it routine to actually spend no more than we take in.” In the letter obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, the Florida Senator said that President Obama’s upcoming request to increase the debt ceiling by a whopping $1.2 trillion will cause the nation’s public debt to surpass the $16 trillion mark.

“I will oppose your request to continue borrowing and spending recklessly.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=48605
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In a scathing letter to sent to Barack Obama this morning, Senator Marco Rubio said that under the President’s first term in office, “more and more people have come to believe that America is becoming a deadbeat nation.”

Rubio went on to pledge that he would challenge any further increase in the debt ceiling, arguing that “we [Congress] need to make it routine to actually spend no more than we take in.” In the letter obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, the Florida Senator said that President Obama’s upcoming request to increase the debt ceiling by a whopping $1.2 trillion will cause the nation’s public debt to surpass the $16 trillion mark.

This should be our 2012 candidate.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Well let's hear all of ARFCOM's reasons not to like Rubio now.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the pilosophy, but let's see a plan.  It's one thing to SAY we need to not spend more than we take in (and I certainly agree with that statement), but what's the specific plan to actually DO that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, that is nice, but just a little late don't you think.  What gets my goat is that, it being an election year for many senators and congress critters, you are starting to hear smarmy phrases and talking points about  "repatriation of american business" or "redomestication of american business".  I have a sneaky suspicion that this is all just "feel good" talk to appeal to the sheeple in their voting districts so they can get reelected.  

Where were these economic geniuses when we were getting hammered by NAFTA, CAFTA, FTAA, and losing millions of good manufacturing jobs overseas?  They let the tax paying middle class dissolve into welfare recipients then try to find a patsy like Big O to blame for our great recession.   Real geniuses, eh?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]

good luck with that Rubio

None of the GOP "Front Runners" are even proposing to cut spending (All they talk about is cutting future growth)

There is no way to stop the path we are on
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if t his is a prelude to him making a VP run?

I still think if he go tin the race he could pull it off.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe Rubio will get picked up as VP

If it's Romney he'll need some balance to the ticket, Rubio will help
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and the Left will be playing the Natural Born Citizen card for 4 years blocking every action Rubio tries to accomplish...I WOULD LOVE Rubio as POTUS if he continues the way he has been since joining the senate
and there's no secrets in the closet,,,but, he is certainly NOT a natural born citizen and ineligable for potus or VPoutus
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I say it's a little late for all this grandstanding.
How do we reverse nearly $16 trillion in debt ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say it's a little late for all this grandstanding.
How do we reverse nearly $16 trillion in debt ?

by mostly buying our own debt which we will never repay, lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

None of the GOP "Front Runners" are even proposing to cut spending (All they talk about is cutting future growth)

^ this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:06:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The left will come out and say he's not a Naturally born citizen when he runs.

No, I'm not joking.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I am intrigued and would like to sign up for this man's newsletter
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I wonder if t his is a prelude to him making a VP run?

I still think if he go tin the race he could pull it off.

I don't think he'll be the VP this time.

He's said over and over again that he doesn't want it right now.

Plus he's young so there's plenty of time for him to run.

And we just got him as a Senator here in FL. Let us keep him for a few years!!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:11:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am intrigued and would like to sign up for this man's newsletter

here toy go.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SenatorMarcoRubio

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this.

I don't think people get it. Everyone still thinks it is a D vs R debate.

Neither side has the testicular fortitude to do what is necessary to save our country. the inevitability cannot be stopped.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

and the Left will be playing the Natural Born Citizen card for 4 years blocking every action Rubio tries to accomplish...I WOULD LOVE Rubio as POTUS if he continues the way he has been since joining the senate

and there's no secrets in the closet,,,but, he is certainly NOT a natural born citizen and ineligable for potus or VPoutus

Didn't exactly stop Obama did it?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Natural Born Citizen = Who knows?

It has never been defined.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kept hoping and praying that either he or Ryan would jump in and save us at the last minute,all Superman like.

It leads me to think maybe my idea that the GOP is intentionally playing for 2016 might not be so kooky.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:59:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Just give him a few years. He'll be running for Pres.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Waisist!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry to say that it's been becoming a deadbeat nation for quite a few years.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJN0MuCjDo

It'll be too late then.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You're wrong, but I'm betting you know it and just don't care.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJN0MuCjDo

It'll be too late then.

You may as well go join a monastery then.  Can I have your guns?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I beg to differ, there is a way, it sure as fuck wouldn't be popular amongst a certain class of people that Obama has created, but it would sure as hell get us back on track. That being said, there's no way in hell, ANY of the cowards that serve in the Government would ever push to shove the welfare class off the government teet, and force them into the workplace, and I'm talking about the lazy motherfuckers who sit around watching Oprah and eating gubmint cheese 24/7, not the people who may use the help temporarily while at least trying to get back on their feet. It's time to means test welfare, fuck the lazy Obama class, and FUCK OBAMA!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The left will come out and say he's not a Naturally born citizen when he runs.

No, I'm not joking.

I know.

But I'll bet he has a real birth certificate.

Beside, I think he has already settled that in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Natural Born Citizen = Who knows?

It has never been defined.

yes it has, about 170 yrs ago by the Supreme Court
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sorry to say that it's been becoming a deadbeat nation for quite a few years.

This. The tit is like crack. Once you're on it you don't want to get off of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top