Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 5:43:43 AM EDT
I just had an idea about remodeling homes for large banks, how do you do this? I tried for the past hour contacting different branches and nobody knows. Google hasn't been much help. Anybody have an idea?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you will have a tough road finding banks willing to pay out anything for forclosures.  They are only interested in getting them off of their books, not trying to turn them over for a profit, or even less of a loss for that matter.

Not saying it isn't a good idea...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think you will have a tough road finding banks willing to pay out anything for forclosures. They are only interested in getting them off of their books, not trying to turn them over for a profit, or even less of a loss for that matter.

Agree... Wife is a realtor and banks really could give a crap what shape the house is in. They just want to get rid of it (most of the time).
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Drop me an IM
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think you will have a tough road finding banks willing to pay out anything for forclosures. They are only interested in getting them off of their books, not trying to turn them over for a profit, or even less of a loss for that matter.

Agree... Wife is a realtor and banks really could give a crap what shape the house is in. They just want to get rid of it (most of the time).

There are rumblings that the next brilliant idea is to let the banks rent the houses out and get them off their books (non-performing loans).

OP might want to wait until the tenants wreck the place and refurb them for the next crew. I'd pitch that to the banks if this happens.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top