Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 2:49:34 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]

The clerk runs off, and the cop has this momentary "WTF!" look for just a second.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:17:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The guy in the white who just casually walks out..
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
A heartwarming tale indeed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Good job !

Although I can't imagine holstering the weapon and continuing to struggle with that guy.

That cop definitely earns his pay.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#5]
See - we don't need icky guns - the police are there to save us!

Would have been funnier if he tazed him! Guy was resisting a bit and he cop should have got him under control a little quicker.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The back story is that this Walgreens (IIRC) had just gotten robbed several hours earlier.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The guy in the white who just casually walks out..

He emptied the till.....  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:42:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Needs more taser.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The back story is that this Walgreens (IIRC) had just gotten robbed several hours earlier.

So that cop was going in there to get some info about the earlier robbery ?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:48:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The cop does a WTF moment then he draws his gun pretty quick then he imediately goes hands on and re-holsters the gun and dances with the guy who is quite a bit bigger than him?
I don't think that went acording to plan!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that cop was going in there to get some info about the earlier robbery ?

I think so, not sure.

I now realize that my back story I posted, was very non-informative. I am going back to sleep now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#13]
That wasn't planned out very well by the robber... needs more baton and pepper spray.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:09:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You could almost see the light bulb, then the exclamation point appear over the cop's head

I read the thread then watched, I see exactly what you mean.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:10:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:12:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I think some of you guys are questioning why the cop reholstered. He needed both hands. The guy wasn't complying, and though I would love it sometimes if that was reason to shoot someone(not really) it doesn't work that way. Once he established the guy wasn't presenting a weapon he needed to change his tactics.

Bad, bad situation for the cop. No time to call backup, all alone, and a guy willing to resist with a gun pointed at him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Thief: Gimme the money!
Cop: Surprise, bitch
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Needs more taser and baton.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When the bad guy grabbed for the cops gun, back away, draw and fire.

my thought as well.  I saw the BG slap/grab for it when they were in front of the doors when LEO had it pointed at BG
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

my thought as well.  I saw the BG slap/grab for it when they were in front of the doors when LEO had it pointed at BG

Im no cop, so thats why I am asking. Cant you legally shoot the perp after he/she goes for your gun? Wish I could hear what was being said, looks like there alot of words exchanged.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Is it prudent to place the gun right upside the perps head like that?  The reason I ask is the gun is now in grabbing range.  I just know from karate that a gun that close to your head is a better situation to be in then the gun 10 feet away just pointing at you.  Not like I've ever tried to react and grab a gun up against my head but I've seen it done.  Just thinking...

Whatever, I'm glad the perp got busted.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im no cop, so thats why I am asking. Cant you legally shoot the perp after he/she goes for your gun? Wish I could hear what was being said, looks like there alot of words exchanged.

Yes you can but most cops don't shoot. That whole stigma of shooting an unarmed person.

if no video "Cop shoots unarmed man at Walgreens" followd by my babah dint duh nothing, was turning his life around, going to community college next year, taking grandma to church this sunday, visited his parole officer every thursday.....

You are right on all acounts I need to watch the video again as I skimmed it and didn't realize the guy grabbed for the gun.

Holy shit the media would have had a field day if he had shot. I mean hey, aren't all cops JBTs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is it prudent to place the gun right upside the perps head like that?  The reason I ask is the gun is now in grabbing range.  I just know from karate that a gun that close to your head is a better situation to be in then the gun 10 feet away just pointing at you.  Not like I've ever tried to react and grab a gun up against my head but I've seen it done.  Just thinking...

maybe not the smartest idea but at that point the officer wasnt sure if the suspect was armed and wanted to stay behind him incase of a knife ect.
once he figured out he was unarmed the officers pistol just got in the way and he eventually holstered it..although it seemed like he didnt want to
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#26]
The BG should be thanking that cop each and every day for letting him live... he didn't have to.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#27]
That dumb shit BG is lucky to be alive....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:41:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I can see the dialogue running through the cops head.

"Just need to grab some smokes and....wait wat.......SHIT SHIT GAWDDAMIT!"
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow,

That could have really been ugly had the BG been armed and aware of his surroundings when the cop walked in..The cop was completely oblivious to what was going on
all the way up to and even a few seconds after the clerk's rapid exodus..

Could you imagine the cop's embarrassment if the perp had made it out the door and actually escaped?....He was very close to the door and the cop
was by himself...

I have had cop friends who said that walking into an armed robbery is their dream come true..
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Robber's reaction was kind of funny.  Gun to ear while his hands are in the till="What?  I'm not doing nuthin, why you hasslin me?"
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe not the smartest idea but at that point the officer wasnt sure if the suspect was armed and wanted to stay behind him incase of a knife ect.
once he figured out he was unarmed the officers pistol just got in the way and he eventually holstered it..although it seemed like he didnt want to

It did look like the perp was looking for something to use as a weapon when the officer first approached him. It looks as if he was scanning and feeling the counter for something.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Oldie but goodie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Its an old dupe but still worth a repost.

He handled it poorly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top