Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 3:11:27 PM EDT
Well since AudioGalaxy is down and out, I'm looking for another Mp3 server.

I've checked out KaZaa and WinZip, but finding the stuff I'm looking for is pretty difficult to find. And it seems like it is a hassle with those guys. I liked the way that AudioGalaxy is set up. Very user friendly.

Anyway from what I understand Morpheus is now a paysite, but it seemed pretty cheap when I checked it out. Maybe five bucks a month (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). I don't mind paying for stuff since like I said, most of the stuff I'm looking for is probably out of print, or VERY hard to find (I don't have a need for getting Creed, Brittny Spears, or Korn for free).

So I was wondering how their database is compared to the other Mp3 sites, what it costs, and how easy it is to use compared to Kazaa and such.

Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#1]
A year ago or so Morpheus changed their interface and now I don't like it.  Try using one called Grokster and also WinMX.  A simple search online will help you find the,.  Grokster is exactly how old Morpheus used to be and am pretty sure it is still free.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Shamus what type of music are you looking for? I switched from Morpheus to KaZaa when Morpheus had some problems and had to "rush" to put a new version out. I'm interested in a lot of old punk and hardcore plus a lot of oddball stuff and have very little problems finding the things I'm looking for. The only "problem" I've encountered is waiting for the person with the music I'm looking for to be on line at the same time I am. My brother has Grokster and it's pretty much the same.rocko.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shamus what type of music are you looking for? I switched from Morpheus to KaZaa when Morpheus had some problems and had to "rush" to put a new version out. I'm interested in a lot of old punk and hardcore plus a lot of oddball stuff and have very little problems finding the things I'm looking for. The only "problem" I've encountered is waiting for the person with the music I'm looking for to be on line at the same time I am. My brother has Grokster and it's pretty much the same.rocko.  
View Quote

Let me first say that WinMX was what I meant, not Winzip. Dont' know what I was thinking.

Anyway, ya most of the stuff I'm looking for is old Oi!, punk, and hardcore. But still I've had trouble with KaZaa and WinMX. Maybe I don't know how to search with those engines correctly. But I've tried finding stuff that you would think that they would have like Riot Squad, The Staggers, Moloko Men, etc. But with little success. AudioGalaxy on the other hand I found just about everything I was looking for. I'll have to check out Grokster for sure. Again, I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if I could find a worthwhile database.
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#4]
On the forums at AudioGalaxy I saw a note saying to look for AudioGalaxy2 to be released soon. I hope so, havent found anything quite as good yet to replace it. Dang lawyers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top