Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 1:37:45 AM EDT
Or do you think he is briefed on common sense stuff that just happens be classified?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]

I doubt they're told much at all.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:43:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Plausible deniability.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I happens before the inaugration they are briefed up in Dec, I am sure they are given a bare minimum by the powers that be and can demand and shape the briefing as they see fit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
i think every new president is taken to a dark room and showed the kennedy asassination from a view never before seen. thats why they play ball and thats why nothing changes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean things like the aliens from the Zeta Reticul? The North Atlantic ghost ships? The gate to Hell located under the Senate? No, as none of these exist as far as he needs to know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]
"Do you that"?

Do I that what?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]
It's different for each President. Depending on their level of experience, background, and intellect, the content is changed. From what I understand, Obama's initial briefing presented a unique challenge. The CIA did not have a cartoonist on staff capable of illustrating the more abstract concepts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:04:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Each new pres is taken to the white house basement for a meeting with Elvis, bigfoot, Jimmy Hoffa, a captured alien from Roswell, and the guy who played Webster on TV.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn OP, what is up with that title? You are making Virginians look bad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#11]
They just put on Alex Jones videos and tell them it's all true.  Every word.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:11:34 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the reason that a lot of campaign promises disappear. The sitting president has a lot of information the hopefuls don't.

"We have what?"

"But I told them we would.... damn."

"Our ICBM never worked? And half of them are cardboard cut outs?"

"Yes, but we told everybody the opposite of that and it happened naturally and even sent a card!"

"So, you spent four billion on a 'laser plane' just to get up-skirt shots?  Where are they? I need to know!"

"How many aliens live here again?"

Ron Paul is going to absolutely flip the fuck out when he hears some of this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is the reason that a lot of campaign promises disappear. The sitting president has a lot of information the hopefuls don't.

"We have what?"

"But I told them we would.... damn."

"Our ICBM never worked? And half of them are cardboard cut outs?"

"Yes, but we told everybody the opposite of that and it happened naturally and even sent a card!"

"So, you spent four billion on a 'laser plane' just to get up-skirt shots?  Where are they? I need to know!"

"How many aliens live here again?"

Ron Paul is going to absolutely flip the fuck out when he hears some of this stuff.

"going to?"
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Its all written in the Presidents Book...  Nicholas Cage even got a peek.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:52:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I always thought they got a private tour of the Alien wreckage museum at area 51.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:57:55 AM EDT
[#16]
They are briefed on exactly what they are going to do in their term. It has all been pre written in a book by Nostradamus.

But for real, I am sure they are given info along the lines of their rules. Like an orientation. Plus how to do things like ok nuke strikes. Maybe some info on current events they need to know about like Intel in hot areas and where we have people doing what. SF training goofballs in the Congo or Delta living in some China village blending in. Who knows. But they should get the stuff that's a hot topic so they are up to speed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's different for each President. Depending on their level of experience, background, and intellect, the content is changed. From what I understand, Obama's initial briefing presented a unique challenge. The CIA did not have a cartoonist on staff capable of illustrating the more abstract concepts.

I think that was Reagan who got his in movie format because he didn't like to read.

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/09/8722595-exploding-the-reagan-video-briefing-myth
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Bush Senior has mentioned it since he was CIA Director and then sat in on Reagan's briefing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#19]
"Need to Know" only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top