Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 1:30:18 AM EDT
90-year-old man, suspect injured in shootout during burglary attempt

GREENBRAE, Calif. —
A Marin County burglar picked the wrong house to target late Wednesday morning when he ended up in a gun battle with a 90-year-old World War II-veteran that left both men hospitalized.

At around 10:45 a.m., police said the intruder –– 30-year-old Samuel Cutrufelli –– may have been trying to commit a burglary that turned into a shootout with elderly but well-armed property owner Jay Leone at the house on Via La Cumbre.

"He was home alone when his door was kicked open," Twin Cities Police Sgt. Mike Norton told KTVU. "The suspect entered and basically took him captive. The victim was able at one point to arm himself with a firearm and shoot the suspect three times. The suspect had his own fire arm. He was able to shoot the victim one time."

Police said Leone shots hit the intruder in the torso, arm and leg.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#1]
'Don't worry. I'm above and I have a weapon. I was the best sniper.  I'm good.'

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Grandpa, like a boss....  
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#3]
PLEASE nail that fucking scumbag to the wall on this one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
The Vet still has it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The Vet still has it!

Get off my lawn!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Similar scenario happened a few years back... no I can't cite this.

A WWII ranger vet faked a heart attack while sitting on his couch when two buglers busted in his door. It took them off guard, and he used the time to recover a 1911 he kept between his couch cushions and shot them both dead. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A WWII ranger vet faked a heart attack while sitting on his couch when two buglers busted in his door. It took them off guard, and he used the time to recover a 1911 he kept between his couch cushions and shot them both dead. Good shoot.

Do not fuck with old people. They know all the dirty tricks and have no problem using them.

And in a lot of cases, that frail looking old man spent several years in a jungle, rice paddy or icy field killing "Japs", Koreans, Vietnamese or Nazis. He has seen the elephant.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do not fuck with old people. They know all the dirty tricks and have no problem using them.

And in a lot of cases, that frail looking old man spent several years in a jungle, rice paddy or icy field killing "Japs", Koreans, Vietnamese or Nazis. He has seen the elephant.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top