Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2012 12:29:18 AM EDT
Foreign dudes raid the camp in a copter, bullets flying and chaos ensues! Yet MacReady doesn't drop his bottle of Scotch.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Seriously? No one knows this movie?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Just watched the new one a few hours ago. I wasn't terribly disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
First goddamn week of winter...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just watched the new one a few hours ago. I wasn't terribly disappointed.

I wanted to see the new one but it left theater before I could watch it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw the 1982 movie in the theater the week it came out. I was 10 years old.  It was probably my 2nd rated R movie after Escape from New York.

It's been one of my absolute favorites ever since. The effects were awesome at the time, and have held up fairly well even in the CGI age. It is the whole composition that is effective. Right combination of suspense, gore, and comedy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:15:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw the 1982 movie in the theater the week it came out. I was 10 years old.

Same here, I saw it as a double feature with the movie flop "MegForce." I made it throught the entire movie till dude tied up on the couch hit the ceiling when his blood was tested. I ran out of the theater and threw up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

R.J. MaCready
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
"You've gotta be fuckin' kidding!"
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:30:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw the 1982 movie in the theater the week it came out. I was 10 years old.  It was probably my 2nd rated R movie after Escape from New York.

It's been one of my absolute favorites ever since. The effects were awesome at the time, and have held up fairly well even in the CGI age. It is the whole composition that is effective. Right combination of suspense, gore, and comedy.

Same, except I was 15 and saw it with two girls (not a date). We were all a little uncomfortable with the long, dark walk back to the car...Still one of my favorite movies. No other has set such a tone of hopeless isolation for me (maybe Alien).
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:32:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't make a big thing out of it. I'm sure your curt reply will rustle up some comments, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]
OK...what movie is it??
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw it when I was only about 13, and I still love to watch it to this day.  One of the best horror movies made as said before.

The only thing MaCready couldn't do was figure out Norway.

"Hey Sweden!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top