Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 11:44:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The Democrats don't want to do any of those things in the middle.  The only civil liberty they really lobby for is abortion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Democrats don't want to do any of those things in the middle.  The only civil liberty they really lobby for is abortion.

+87

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Okay, we all dislike Democrats, but you must admit that they champion many civil liberties including, but not limited to rights against search and seizure, the right to a fair trial, religious freedoms (specifically when it comes to less common religions in America), freedom of press, freedom of speech, and all of the Fourteenth Amendment. Their problem is that they can be selective when recognizing rights, but Republicans have that habit, too.

I don't support Democrats, but that statement you made in red is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Democrats are responsible for doing away with child labor, but some here are probably again that.  Fact is, both parties have done some good..both parties have done a lot of bad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]
He's most certainly on the Right.  There is absolutely no doubt about that in my mind.  His foreign policy beliefs, which while once much more common on the Right are very much an aberration today, and certain other aspects of his beliefs, combined with some of the things the Republican Party has supported lately, have resulted in him having common cause with some on the Left, to be certain.  That in and of itself does not make him a Leftist or even a moderate/centrist.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, we all dislike Democrats, but you must admit that they champion many civil liberties including, but not limited to rights against search and seizure, the right to a fair trial, religious freedoms (specifically when it comes to less common religions in America), freedom of press, freedom of speech, and all of the Fourteenth Amendment. Their problem is that they can be selective when recognizing rights, but Republicans have that habit, too.

This

One of the greatest problems with our government is that they feel they can be selective in recognizing the rights of the people. This problem exists in the Democratic AND Republican Party
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm more talking about Liberals vs Conservatives.  The only universal right liberals champion is abortion.  They are selective when it comes to the rest, depending on your race, gender, or religion.  

I don't know of any mainstream conservative organizations pushing for the rights of only specific groups of people like the NAACP, NOW, and the ACLU do.

edit:  There are "Conservative" religious groups that hate other religions, but they are not really mainstream IMO.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Liberal
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#10]
He's neither, he's a libertarian.

He appears to believe most stridently in an expansive view of personal liberties (all of them), and of LIMITED government.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Democrats don't want to do any of those things in the middle. The only civil liberty they really lobby for is abortion.

I'm more talking about Liberals vs Conservatives. The only universal right liberals champion is abortion. They are selective when it comes to the rest, depending on your race, gender, or religion.

I don't know of any mainstream conservative organizations pushing for the rights of only specific groups of people like the NAACP, NOW, and the ACLU do.

edit: There are "Conservative" religious groups that hate other religions, but they are not really mainstream IMO.

This is because the promotion of "freedom below the belt" is one of the few things they inherited from the Classical Liberals, the collapse of the movement in the U.S. and its amalgamation with progressivism leading to the false liberalism we are familiar with, and the refusal of the former classical liberals to relinquish the liberal name is why true liberals are called libertarians or conservatives in the U.S. while the false ones are called liberals.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this

are all these threads on ron paul part of the ARFCOM venting process?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He appears to believe most stridently in an expansive view of personal liberties (all of them), and of LIMITED government.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]
How the question is answered tells more about the person answering than about Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#15]
uh... RP is a Libertarian.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Troll thread.

OP's posted with a troll acount.

OP Is trolling. Everyone knows Ron Paul is a libertarian.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:26:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Troll thread.

OP Is trolling. Everyone knows Ron Paul is a Douche bag.

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:42:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I love the eight year old account that had it's first post just a few weeks ago.  

The Paulbots are sure out in force this year.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Troll thread.

OP Is trolling. Everyone knows Ron Paul is a Douche bag.

FIFY

Very mature.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Mr. "Sensitive" Phil Donahue was on the Piers Morgan show last night, I only caught a few minutes of it.
He sounded IDENTICAL to Ron Paul. Fucking peas in a liberal pod.
"Waaah we assassinated an american citizen!"

I don't care whatever label you want to put on him, he's a kook and lefty douche.
He has more in common with Kucinich and Rosie O'donnell than any conservative I know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Enough already.  RP is NOT gonna get the nomination.  You anti-American dope smoking RP supporters should get a life and realize that your savior is a joke.  He's on the same level as jesse ventura and alex jones.  He's an idiot of epic proportions.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:57:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Why are balancing the budget, protecting civil liberty, avoiding welfare collapses, peace, prosperity, restoring the economy, and freedom on the republican and democrat lists?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top