Posted: 1/5/2012 8:37:24 PM EDT
Dupe keyword search:

"Squatter."

Zed.

Funny!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Um its Texas.

Wait until nightfall, shoot squatter for criminal mischief?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Um its Texas.

good shoot.....

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That is why I always travel with my BOB... If I cam home to some bs like that there would be hell to pay !
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
What's BOB stand for?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's BOB stand for?

Bug Out Bag. A bag of things to help you get out of a touh situation you have unexpectedly found yourself in. They commonly contain a firearm, reloads, little bit of food and water, and a first aid kit. In cold weather a blanket and hand warmers are a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What's BOB stand for?

Check the survival forum for examples.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry.  I come home and someone is inside, I'm getting robbed.  Castle doctrine.  Bang til it stops.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's BOB stand for?
Battery Operated Boyfriend.  Thats what the ladies tell me.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry.  I come home and someone is inside, I'm getting robbed.  Castle doctrine.  Bang til it stops.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't give a damn about squatters rights. If someone moves into my house while I'm away or onto my property I will remove them with whatever force is necessary. Everyone in this country is pussified these days, if something like this happened to our great grandfathers it wouldn't even make it to court they simply would have pulled out a pistol and shot the motherfucker in the face.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Um its Texas.

good shoot.....  

The morons going into houses and screaming "adverse possession!" seem to have forgotten about two things: (1) the seven-year minimum period before they can try to claim title, and (2) Texas' "shoot anyone trespassing inside the house" law.

Any indication that these are gypsies or "Irish travelers"?  If there are a whole bunch of these going on, maybe it's the latest scam one of those groups of assholes is trying.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What's BOB stand for?

I travel with my GOOD bag

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#14]
If I had a neighgbor away for chemo and this happened I would get several of the other neighbors together....I am sure a little chat with the squatter would resolve the issue.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I had a neighgbor away for chemo and this happened I would get several of the other neighbors together....I am sure a little chat with the squatter would resolve the issue.

Hell, if any of them owned a backhoe and a secluded plot of land, I don't even think it'd be necessary to bother local law enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This. My name is on the deed. Good luck proving you 'own' my home. Adverse possession does not apply here, and if you read the law, doesn't even remotely come close.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What is the period of time for adverse possession in Texas?  That alone is a huge hurdle as the remainder of the requirements have to be satisfied for the period.  A short term claim is simply a scam.

I just did some brief reading, and it seems three years is the minimum time, but a whole lot of other conditions must be met. Simply moving into someones home while they are away isn't even close to counting.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I wonder how many times this has happened, and the squatter has just disappeared?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What is the period of time for adverse possession in Texas?  That alone is a huge hurdle as the remainder of the requirements have to be satisfied for the period.  A short term claim is simply a scam.

I just did some brief reading, and it seems three years is the minimum time, but a whole lot of other conditions must be met. Simply moving into someones home while they are away isn't even close to counting.

Three?!  The article said 7.  Holy crap, three years is fucked up.

Looks like the article is wrong –– unless this attorney's website is out of date.  But the 3yr/5yr shorter-duration statutes have additional requirements (like actually having a deed or title document) compared to the 10yr ordinary adverse-possession statute.
http://www.lonestarlandlaw.com/Adverse.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

These squatter/scammers need to be shot dead on general principal as burglars.  Just to send a message. C'mon, Texas, you are letting us down here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#23]
If you are ever see a lone horse or mule in a field and it never leaves there is a reason for that.  Here in Fl (and most states) adverse possession requires "exclusive use" if my livestock lives on my land where I raise it, you cannot have exclusive use.  You would be surprised of the amount of livestock owned by big companies not involved with farming but do have undeveloped land for one reason or another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top