Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:04:16 PM EDT
When you are young it seems that your mission in life is to gain crap.

Now that you are older you can't get rid of it soon enough, every time my grand kids show up I'm giving them some damn crap.

Being a little nostalgic here

Life has way more meaning than the shit you own.

What brought on this thread?  Because I looked around and holy shit I have surrounded myself with crap.

GM

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still in the process of surrounding myself with crap.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
dibs
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not even old and I already have too much crap
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You can never have too many guns, tools or bottles of liquor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have absolutely no idea what you mean...

Yeah.  I have too much crap.  I'm in full "get rid of crap" mode.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I inherited my dad's and grandfather's crap and don't own a home to fill with all my crap.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Get rid of the crap

It's your life
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm still in the process of surrounding myself with crap.

Y'up, still acquiring crap, don't see an end in sight.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#9]
working on getting a bunch of crap. lost a ton of it in a divorce a few years back and had to start over
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]
If I give you my address, you can send it to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I have perfected the art of rotating crap..

Out with the old in with the new.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You can never have too many guns, tools or bottles of liquor.

Those are things I don't consider ....crap  

Funny actually.

GM

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#17]
WAAAY back when I was single, I could put everything I owned into a backpack and saddlebags on the motorcycle.

Now, after marriage I could fill up at LEAST two tractor trailers, not counting vehicles and horses.

I even have an ejection seat out of a Corsair. Why?  I have not the faintest idea.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#18]
53 and full of crap.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#19]
poop thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]
When I die someone is getting a fantastic amount of insanely cool crap.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#21]
2,500 sq' warehouse for my shop and all my crap........
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
poop thread.

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I have nothing that could possibly be described as crap

My fiance on the other hand.......
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WAAAY back when I was single, I could put everything I owned into a backpack and saddlebags on the motorcycle.

Now, after marriage I could fill up at LEAST two tractor trailers, not counting vehicles and horses.

I even have an ejection seat out of a Corsair. Why?  I have not the faintest idea.  

That is ironic, given the usual relationship advice around here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm not even 40 and I've got too much shit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe pissing it in your neighbors yard is the answer. I have it too and I want my money back

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is ironic, given the usual relationship advice around here.

When you use it, youtube it.  will be more epic than the walmart disarm me thread

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#29]

This thread is reminding me I haven't put crap on Craigslist in a while.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I am such a gear whore that I need extra rooms and closets and garages for shit. I'm in a fortunate (or maybe un-fortunate) position with my business as well as I'm involved in multiple industries with suppliers of rad shit. Which I constantly get, and constantly hang onto.

This year alone I gave away over a dozen pairs of skis and 6 snowboards because I do not need them. Shoes? Holy shitballs. MY wife makes fun of ME. Packs? Tents? Outerwear? Oh my god. I drive it down to the men's mission just to make my conscience at peace.

I'm terrible. But not old.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am such a gear whore that I need extra rooms and closets and garages for shit. I'm in a fortunate (or maybe un-fortunate) position with my business as well as I'm involved in multiple industries with suppliers of rad shit. Which I constantly get, and constantly hang onto.

This year alone I gave away over a dozen pairs of skis and 6 snowboards because I do not need them. Shoes? Holy shitballs. MY wife makes fun of ME. Packs? Tents? Outerwear? Oh my god. I drive it down to the men's mission just to make my conscience at peace.

I'm terrible. But not old.

I would love a new snowboard! Send me one...I learned on Mt. Hood with Rob Morrow.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#32]
The last time my 2 oldest grandsons were here I gave away 3 guns & quite a few tools.
You know youre getting old when you give away guns & tools.
And yes, I still have too much crap.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#33]
47 here so I'm still young I think? I have my fair share of older junk....most of it you young guys wouldn't be interested in....old dirty rifles some that are 50 to 150 year old technology....steel frame pistols that only hold 7 rounds....revolvers....shotguns that actually have two barrels.....heavy low capacity WWII era rifles.....I own one A/R and it has iron sights.... yeah I'm a Dinosaur.....worst of all I have two daughters and neither one of them are interested....hopefully there will be Grandson a few years down the road....
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#34]
As you get older, you realize that the important things in life ... are not things.

That's why you start shedding material possessions as you get older.  You wise up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm not giving mine away, I'm gonna take it with me. And yes, I have a lot of it, externally and internally. (we need a rolleyes smiley)
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, I have a wife. It's HER crap. Not mine. NEVER! I tell you!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not giving mine away, I'm gonna take it with me. And yes, I have a lot of it, externally and internally. (we need a rolleyes smiley)

I read this somewhere:

Hearses don't come with luggage racks.

Something to think about.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#38]
All my crap is shooting or guitar or motorcycle related... I'm just fine with my crap.

I hope to pass my crap onto my kids, so that they may know how awesome my life has been.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read this somewhere:

Hearses don't come with luggage racks.

Something to think about.

That's ok, I've got some I can have mounted on it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
47 here so I'm still young I think? I have my fair share of older junk....most of it you young guys wouldn't be interested in....old dirty rifles some that are 50 to 150 year old technology....steel frame pistols that only hold 7 rounds....revolvers....shotguns that actually have two barrels.....heavy low capacity WWII era rifles.....I own one A/R and it has iron sights.... yeah I'm a Dinosaur.....worst of all I have two daughters and neither one of them are interested....hopefully there will be Grandson a few years down the road....

How old are the daughters?  Wanna give one away?

I kid I kid.

ETA- I'm in the same boat but no kids.

I'm sitting here in my office surrounded by outdoorsy crap; boots, gunsafe, hunting clothes, gun stocks, parts, reloading bench, waders, fishing reels, slings, mags, gun books, ammo cans and crates.  My garage is filled with more cr.....er  stuff, fishing poles, tools, more hunting clothes, atv's snowmachines, boating stuff, more reloading stuff, on top of boxes of stuff that i boxed when i moved out of my parents place, because they didn't want my stuff cluttering up their stuff.

Fugg it, I admit I got stuffitis and have tried to minimize it at times.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

When you are young it seems that your mission in life is to gain crap.

Now that you are older you can't get rid of it soon enough, every time my grand kids show up I'm giving them some damn crap.

Being a little nostalgic here

Life has way more meaning than the shit you own.

What brought on this thread?  Because I looked around and holy shit I have surrounded myself with crap.
GM

You stop talkin to my wife ya hear?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As you get older, you realize that the important things in life ... are not things.

That's why you start shedding material possessions as you get older.  You wise up.

Pretty much

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I  have gathered some crap exactly for that reason.(grand kids)
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I have way too much crap, too.  I have been preparing for a shtf situation for the last 35 years and I havent needed any of it yet.   Except for my generator.  My dad stockpiled food for years and when he passed away, we had to throw away thousands of dollars worth of canned goods.  Yep, when a person starts looking mortality in the eye, his outlook really changes and stuff doesnt mean much anymore.  Whats bad, too, is my kids dont want any of the stuff either.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#45]
The hardest part for me is going through all the crap and deciding which crap to keep,  which crap to give
to someone and which crap to throw away.

I got loads of crap. A lot of it is good crap, handed down family crap. My kids are still bouncing around too
often to dump crap on them so, I'm kind of stuck with all this crap for a while. Shit, I got crap that belonged
to my grandma.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#46]
None here
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes.  I think of it as three stages.  Acquisition, where you accumulate more and more crap.  This is followed by the consolidation stage, where you try to decide what specific crap you like the most, so you can make sure you have enough of it and figure out ways to hold on to it.  Finally, there is the transcendence stage, where you realize that none of the crap is really very important in the grand scheme of things.

Currently I am moving from the consolidation phase to the transcendence phase.  As I get older, I realize more and more that all the crap really doesnt matter.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread is funner than I thought it would be, we all have a bunch more crap than we all thought.

GM
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This thread is funner than I thought it would be, we all have a bunch more crap than we all thought.

GM

Shit, I've got crap coming out my ass!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I can tell you that the Cast Iron and chainsaw diseases are as bad as Black Rifle diseases. I cleaned 2 new to me rifles in the living room tonight, not a word, didn't even notice them. Yet I have to sneak a skillet or kettle in with the rest and get an ass chewing when she realizes its new!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top