Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 6:34:12 PM EDT
So I was out in my back yard, taking the dogs out, and I realized I need to get a fence up, so I dont have to follow them outside when it gets cold out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]

did you notice many brown spots in the lawn?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

did you notice many brown spots in the lawn?

Yes, and a stale odor of sorts, but thats besides the point. I really want a fence.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you at least toss a piss while out there?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My dog eats his own shit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

point your AR at it. it'll stop doing it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

that sure beats the piss outta eatin' somebody else's

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine have their own door as well so I don't have to get up at all!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
What would RON PAUL do?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did you at least toss a piss while out there?

I was pissed that I had to stand with the dogs out there, in the cold.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, one of mine does that. Hes gross.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're livin the life.

ETA: How does that work in cold weather and your heating bill?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Three rail spit rail fence FTW!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
spit rail?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Meh.  We just let ours out.  When they scrape on the door they are ready to come in. Occasionally one will disappear for an hour or so but eventually (hopefully) they make it back.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Meh.  We just let ours out.  When they scrape on the door they are ready to come in. Occasionally one will disappear for an hour or so but eventually (hopefully) they make it back.

I live in town, can't do that, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Why do you have to go out anyway. I have a 60 ft cable attached to a tree in the back yard the other end on the house just below the roof with a  cable and pully off of that. He goes to the back door when he has to go I hook him up and he goes about his business. A whole lot cheaper than a fence

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why do you have to go out anyway. I have a 60 ft cable attached to a tree in the back yard the other end on the house just below the roof with a  cable and pully off of that. He goes to the back door when he has to go I hook him up and he goes about his business. A whole lot cheaper than a fence

We have 3 dogs, and they are all retarded. That would be a tangled up mess in 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#18]
My dog sits at the front porch the few times I left the back gate open.

You're not doing it right?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh. We just let ours out. When they scrape on the door they are ready to come in. Occasionally one will disappear for an hour or so but eventually (hopefully) they make it back.

I live in town, can't do that, unfortunately.

I was gonna say you can make a cheap fence out of steel posts and woven wire, but that prolly wouldn't go over too well in town.

Those buried wire enclosers would well I hear.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're livin the life.

ETA: How does that work in cold weather and your heating bill?

We have one, it is barely noticeable. Actually two. I put one in the slider, and there is one in the porch wall.
Sure as hell beat getting up and opening the door.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I built a privacy fence for my Mom. I'm the worst carpenter in the world. It turned out alright.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

spit rail?

Quoted:

Yeah!  Then you split it!

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I built a privacy fence for my Mom. I'm the worst carpenter in the world. It turned out alright.

Wrong, that would be me!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#24]
You guys are lucky that you can have fences. My dog broke the top part of my neighbor's fence in the first week or so that we got her. That pretty much eliminated the possibility of fencing our yard without some hideous thing on their side to stop that from happening. I took her out every time for 2.5 years.

I think I'll get an invisible fence for the next one and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I guess you save a lot on dog food.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mine licks the cat's ass

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mine eats cat shit.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
spit rail?

Quoted:

Easier to piss thru.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I was just in your backyard too. Must have just missed you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#30]
This worked great for me.   http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Wireless-Containment-System-PIF-300/dp/B0001ZWZ8O

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Progressives, how do they work ?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I had the same problem. Priced a cedar fence (only one style allowed by the retarded association) and quickly came to the conclusion that an invisible fence was the way to go. The trick is to do the training right. Dog got lit up on the second day and hasn't gone back for seconds yet. Ours beeps when she gets close and zaps when she gets closer. One beep and that dog changes direction 180 degrees. I don't even put it on her anymore. It's kinda neat in the winter you can see where she walks the perimeter. She knows where it's at. Over the course of a couple of months her perimeter gets progressively bigger (a foot or two). All I do is put the collar on her for a day and it tunes her back in.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have 3 dogs, and they are all retarded. That would be a tangled up mess in 10 seconds.

What was that saying about pets mimicking their owners???

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I was in my back yard with my kids on a leash thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was that saying about pets mimicking their owners???

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What would RON PAUL do?

To date, there exists no empirical evidence that RP would stay in the yard, leave, urinate or even eat his own stoolage.

And the stories of RP having shit the bed remain uncorroborated, either in the literal or figurative sense.

I suspect the allegations of RP howling at the occasional moon may exist less as apocryphy and more as an enhanced version of fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top