Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/5/2012 5:37:55 PM EDT
I feel so.  I get tired of hearing how the government needs to be out of our daily lives, needs to stop taxing so much, stop over regulating business, stop over regulating firearms, environmental protection, fuel standards, (add in any other unconstitutional bullshit the Federal government tries to ram down our throats), etc. and how bad the liberals are for trying to push a bigger government, but then in the same breath will turn around and argue to the death about wanting to get the government involved in "banning" or outlawing certain social issues they don't agree with.

Staying out of your business means staying out of your business.  Period.  If it means guns, taxes, drugs, condoms, gas mileage, energy standards, religion, you name it. Leave me alone means leave me alone.

How is it sooooo terrible for the Feds to raise taxes or ask for background checks at gunshows, but when it comes to marijuana use it's ok to fight a massive drug war, rack up billions of dollars and throw people in jail?  Whats the difference?

And for the record I'm not an Obama supporter as many here will try to label me.  I'm not even a Ron Paul supporter.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
excuse me while I pull up a chair and set awhile. This might be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you point me to a politician from any party that isnt?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Amen, brother.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen, brother.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, that's the problem.  Seems like the two party mold is pretty screwed up and doesn't make any sense to me.  A super liberal will tell you that it should be ok to grow pot in your backyard "leave me alone fascist republican pig"  but then turn around and want to throw you in jail and throw away the key for having a machine gun.

It's the exact opposite with many mainstream conservatives.  You want a machine gun?  Sure.  You have smoked pot? That's against the law, you should go to jail for a loooooooong time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I feel so.  I get tired of hearing how the government needs to be out of our daily lives, needs to stop taxing so much, stop over regulating business, stop over regulating firearms, environmental protection, fuel standards, (add in any other unconstitutional bullshit the Federal government tries to ram down our throats), etc. and how bad the liberals are for trying to push a bigger government, but then in the same breath will turn around and argue to the death about wanting to get the government involved in "banning" or outlawing certain social issues they don't agree with.

Staying out of your business means staying out of your business.  Period.  If it means guns, taxes, drugs, condoms, gas mileage, energy standards, religion, you name it. Leave me alone means leave me alone.

How is it sooooo terrible for the Feds to raise taxes or ask for background checks at gunshows, but when it comes to marijuana use it's ok to fight a massive drug war, rack up billions of dollars and throw people in jail?  Whats the difference?

And for the record I'm not an Obama supporter as many here will try to label me.  I'm not even a Ron Paul supporter.

Add kill people and risk officers lives. It's not ok. Either are no-knock warrants against people that are not violent offenders. It endangers the officers, innocent family members and the innocent people that happen to be at the wrong address in the warrant.

No knock warrants are wrong and so is putting people in jail or breaking down their doors for possession of a plant.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Libertarian is the party you are looking for.

Republicans love to promote freedom and liberty for the stuff that falls in-line with their judeo-christian beliefs.

Everything else must be banned, regulated, or taxed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 Seems like the two party mold is pretty screwed up and doesn't make any sense to me.  

Maybe I can help.
Politics isn't about policies. It's about deciding whose friends and supporters get the lion's share of the money for the next few years.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Any specific incidents of hypocrisy that you can cite? Or is this just a general observation.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any specific incidents of hypocrisy that you can cite? Or is this just a general observation.

Eliot Spitzer
Newt Gingrich
John Edwards
et, al

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eliot Spitzer
Newt Gingrich
John Edwards
et, al

This is a shit on conservatives thread keep the liberals out of this!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#12]
sounds like the op is ready for the communist party USA

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
The entire crew at Fox News can be included in the hypocrite crowd.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
It's tempting to use power when you have it to achieve your own ideals rather than just uphold the Constitution.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Politicians and anyone paid to provide their opinion to the public will eventual do or say something that is hypocritical. It is just the nature of their job.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Republicans love to promote freedom and liberty for the stuff that falls in-line with their judeo-christian beliefs.

Read and repeat as necessary.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#17]
This is a Ron Paul/Pot/Gay thread... I call shenanigans and trolling.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the real world.

Always been that way, always will be.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is a Ron Paul/Pot/Gay thread... I call shenanigans and trolling.

OP is committing thought crime lets ban him!

Sarcasm above.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Everyone is a hypocrite- but me
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol wut?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

They started the trend!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bill Oriely?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eliot Spitzer
Newt Gingrich
John Edwards
et, al

This is a shit on conservatives thread keep the liberals out of this!

Oops,

Well, really there is a ton of "conservative" hypocrites...

George HW Bush gave us the import gun ban
Ronald Reagan was a big spender and deregulalted credit, helping us get into this mess we are in today.
Newt Gingrich is a serial adulterer
George W. Bush gave us the Patriot Act and a loss of so much of our freedoms
George W. also was a liberal spender and went against conservative principles with the bailouts
Herman Caine can't control his married self around teh white wimminz...and had the nerve to "preach"
Mitt Romney invented Obamacare, the MA edition
McCain worked across the isle because no Repubs would work with him

etc

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not a libertarian; I'm just a conservative who no longer trusts anyone any further than I can throw them.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ron Paul.

However, the big gov guys who believe that we should be more concerned about the well-being of turd-world countries while we spend ourselves into oblivion will be along shortly.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Eh, both sides have their own axes to grind and will swear to blue blazes that this or that freedom is an antecedent to some sort of maladaptive behavior.

Access to guns=hot death to 5 year olds everywhere.

Access to drugs=Same thing.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Read the OP again carefully, then go back and research your posts for the last 6 months.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You say that like its a bad thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And for the record I'm not an Obama supporter as many here will try to label me.  .

But you are an Obama supporter as you want conservative voters to stay home on election day.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#32]
You really ought to come out of the closet and show your true self.  "FOUR MORE YEARS!"... "YES WE CAN!".... "FOUR MORE YEARS!"

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#33]
The good news for us moderates is that ultra right and left wing candidates end up being pushed towards the middle when they get elected.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You really ought to come out of the closet and show your true self.  "FOUR MORE YEARS!"... "YES WE CAN!".... "FOUR MORE YEARS!"

Ah, the defenders of morality have shown up!    Now everyone who disagrees with hypocrisy is an Obama supporter
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the OP again carefully, then go back and research your posts for the last 6 months.

Is this about the Colt V PSA thread?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this about the Colt V PSA thread?

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#37]
In before the folks claiming that the hypocrisy affirms some arbitrary moral standard, thus rendering inconsistency superior to consistency.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Because they're the party of "get the government out of my life."

Buy a fucking helmet and wear it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Do you like givin' handjobs?

Do you like gettin' handjobs?

Then that makes you a fuckin' hypocritisizer too!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I agree to a point. But with the level of angst people have these days,  I doubt Goldwater, W.F. Buckley nor Reagan would be conservative enough for many
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm not a libertarian; I'm just a conservative who no longer trusts anyone any further than I can throw them.

Once again, me and you (apparently) are in the same boat together.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#42]
It's easier to be a hypocrite when you say you have values. Dems don't have to high of standards, less likely to be a hypocrite that way.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The issue is the Left has been very successful in pushing their agenda.

Abortion has been made mainstream. It is no longer objectionable to kill a child if
you have no desire to have it as it might inconvenience you. Personal responsibility, naw lets just
kill the kid and not worry about it, because I mean its not like its really a kid right?

Homosexuality has been made mainstream. Hollywood has successfully promoted this lifestyle over the
past few decades and now demonstrated their influence, along with a very small but vocal minority, to
make this acceptable. So now they will continue to push this until they can teach it in the schools as
a normal lifestyle, 'marry' and who knows what else they will demand.....

Drugs should be legalized because if someone wants to smoke dope or do hard drugs hey, why not.
Just let them, and let them teach that its ok to do in schools. There's nothing wrong with being a doper
and it will have no negative effect on society.  We'll tax the manufacture and distribution of dope and
everything will be right as rain. Sure our kids will be brought up in a world where dope is now an acceptable
behavior just like being a faggot is, or murdering an unwanted baby. But hey, it's what I want to do so
that is all that matters....

and the list goes on.......

The Left has successfully promoted much of their thinking and their lack of morality to the point where
it is rapidly becoming accepted by the 'conservative' side. They did this very carefully and have been
very successful at it over the long haul.

Libertarians?

The Libertarian system will no sooner work than Communism, and its just as big a lie.
By totally removing morality and God and replacing it with a "I have a right to do whatever feels right
to me" you will see this country rapidly decline in a matter of a few decades.

In a way it is sad. I can't see how people could be so stupid to believe there won't be huge ramifications
down the road for their actions.

On the other hand, people will get what they deserve in the end.......

I believe God blessed this country and its people and made this land great. America has been exceptional
in the world, and done great things. Now we are in decline, everyone knows it. People argue over why.
I believe the people have turned away from God. American's don't need God and so they sure don't want
him in their lives. He has started to remove his blessing from this country......and unless a spiritual awakening
happens it will only get worse.

Obama and the Left can't save this country.
The Republicans and the Right can't save this country.
Ron Paul and the Paulbots can't save this country.

Only the Most High God can save this country.

Don't believe that? Well, that's your choice.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's easier to be a hypocrite when you say you have values. Dems don't have to high of standards, less likely to be a hypocrite that way.

Precisely.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#45]
This whole thing is not worth thinking about, let alone over thinking.

There ARE important things to think about, like Vanessa Minnillo.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Most of the time you have pretty level-headed and intelligent responses, but I'm just not grasping this one.

He isn't saying he is against religion, but that when if comes to our elected officials, both sides (especially establishment republicans) seem to pick and choose which subjects they interpret through the constitution vs interpreting them through their own moral compass.

Out elected officials need to interpret issues through the constitution, period.  

Now how on earth does that make him a communist?

By the way OP, the issue you bring up is IMO one of the biggest problems facing us as a nation right now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely.

Yes, of course. Because the fact that someone doesn't believe as you do is an excuse for you to be a hypocrite. I see it now.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Don't confuse Conservative with a libertarian (little L) ideals. Conservatives tranditionally endorse resisting change and embracing traditional ideas. In a modern sense, we separate socially conservative from the fiscally conservative.  And lots of folks are both.  Many are fiscally conservative, but not socially conservative (and many advocate imposing socially conservative policies via law), and a few are socially conservative but not particularly fiscally conservative (George W. Bush, as an example).  

The recent association of supposed libertatiran (as in advocating liberty) ideals with conservatism is a misunderstanding of what conservatism is, IMO. The Founding Fathers would never have identified, or thought of themselves as "conservative" in any way, for example.

Conservatism has been packaged and sold as a brand by a lot talking heads (Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc.), but in my experience, a lot of people who identifiy themselves as conservatives can't really tell you what that means philosophically.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The issue is the Left has been very successful in pushing their agenda.

Abortion has been made mainstream. It is no longer objectionable to kill a child if
you have no desire to have it as it might inconvenience you. Personal responsibility, naw lets just
kill the kid and not worry about it, because I mean its not like its really a kid right?

Homosexuality has been made mainstream. Hollywood has successfully promoted this lifestyle over the
past few decades and now demonstrated their influence, along with a very small but vocal minority, to
make this acceptable. So now they will continue to push this until they can teach it in the schools as
a normal lifestyle, 'marry' and who knows what else they will demand.....

Drugs should be legalized because if someone wants to smoke dope or do hard drugs hey, why not.
Just let them, and let them teach that its ok to do in schools. There's nothing wrong with being a doper
and it will have no negative effect on society.  We'll tax the manufacture and distribution of dope and
everything will be right as rain. Sure our kids will be brought up in a world where dope is now an acceptable
behavior just like being a faggot is, or murdering an unwanted baby. But hey, it's what I want to do so
that is all that matters....

and the list goes on.......

The Left has successfully promoted much of their thinking and their lack of morality to the point where
it is rapidly becoming accepted by the 'conservative' side. They did this very carefully and have been
very successful at it over the long haul.

Libertarians?

The Libertarian system will no sooner work than Communism, and its just as big a lie.
By totally removing morality and God and replacing it with a "I have a right to do whatever feels right
to me" you will see this country rapidly decline in a matter of a few decades.

In a way it is sad. I can't see how people could be so stupid to believe there won't be huge ramifications
down the road for their actions.

On the other hand, people will get what they deserve in the end.......

I believe God blessed this country and its people and made this land great. America has been exceptional
in the world, and done great things. Now we are in decline, everyone knows it. People argue over why.
I believe the people have turned away from God. American's don't need God and so they sure don't want
him in their lives. He has started to remove his blessing from this country......and unless a spiritual awakening
happens it will only get worse.

Obama and the Left can't save this country.
The Republicans and the Right can't save this country.
Ron Paul and the Paulbots can't save this country.

Only the Most High God can save this country.

Don't believe that? Well, that's your choice.

Wow. Thank You for that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

excuse me while I pull up a chair and set awhile. This might be interesting.

Indeed.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top