Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:14 PM EDT
Is it that the woman rubbed her ass on this painting or that this painting is worth $30 million.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Woman-Scratches-Rubs-Butt-Over-30M-Painting-136726763.html

Every museum I've ever been in has security guards about every 20 feet. Where the fuck were the security guards at this place?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
After seeing the painting how do they know it was damaged? My 12 year old can paint better than that!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares?  Drunken SoCal woman rubs her ass on a shitty painting, and no one can tell.  That oughta tell you how far art has fallen.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
$30 million?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That painting sucked.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like a good reaction to that painting.  Im gonna say good ass rub.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
the last time I was at the Kimbell and the Amon Carter here, I didn't see a security guard all afternoon.  

it is interesting that anyone can walk in off the street and walk right up to a 30 million painting and there's almost never a problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]
who are the idiots that appraise this stuff ? i got some scribbly art that i make and get rid of for a million.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't remember where I saw it (perhaps a John Stossel segment, or Bullshit), but I saw an entertaining video that looked to see if a child could make a convincing abstract / post-modern / whatever-the-fuck painting.  First, they had a bunch of kindergarteners paint abstract pictures.  Then, they put them on display, in a gallery of some sort, as newly discovered works of Jackson Pollock, or some such "artist".  The people who were viewing these paintings were going on about the genius, the depth of meaning in them, and whatever other intangible awesomeness that only a sophisticated, art-minded person could perceive.  When they finally found out that the paintings were made by a bunch of kindergarteners, their reactions were along the lines of "wow, these kids are artistic geniuses!", and "someone should get them agents!"  Their heads were so far up their asses, and their self-esteem so tied into their pompous delusions of academic superiority that they still couldn't admit "yeah, I guess anyone COULD make these paintings."
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The painting in the article isn't the one that get an ass rubbing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
some of his other "paintings"

some real talent there. To be honest I wish I could shovel BS deep enough to sell shitty painting for tens of thousands of dollars
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
After seeing a picture of the "art", I'm driven to wipe my ass on it and piss on it, too.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#12]
"Art is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it." - some person that isn't me
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I painted just like that when I was in 1st grade. I could have been rich!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top