Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 3:11:49 PM EDT
The Supreme Court has stated in the past that they will not get involved in the internal workings of the congress in how they vote or legislate in regards on how bills get voted on.  that being said, since the Senate was still in "session" and Obama proceeded in sitting members to the NLRB and the new consumer protection bureau; if this goes to the Supreme Court hears this case and rules that the Senate was not really in session and this was a ruse to prevent Obama from sitting the foresaid members to the NLRB and the CPA and ruled that the senate was actually not in session, and allows that the members are seated would this open the door to attack the Hughes amendment to be invalid since the vote was not correctly entered into the congressional record and was not actually passed?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
so no one has a opinion
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If the government won't follow the rules, it is up to the people to make them. If the people don't make them, we get what we deserve.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you one of those guys who would do anything in their power to stop the the repeal of the hughes amendment? You know, the guys who have hundreds of thousands of dollars in auto weapons or whose livelihood depend on selling transferrable MG's?

I ask because a guy just like that posted here on arfcom about how he hopes the hughes amendment will never go away because of how much money he has made off of it.

Just checking to make sure you're not that guy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you one of those guys who would do anything in their power to stop the the repeal of the hughes amendment? You know, the guys who have hundreds of thousands of dollars in auto weapons or whose livelihood depend on selling transferrable MG's?

I ask because a guy just like that posted here on arfcom about how he hopes the hughes amendment will never go away because of how much money he has made off of it.

are you talking about Kevin at AAC?  Or someone else?

There are probably less than 100 people in this country who make "BIG" money produced mainly from NFA restrictions.  I can't imagine that they could be that big of a lobby, considering the amount of money available to an innovater that could enter the market upon NFA repeal.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fuck those guys.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm following what you say but I'm not exactly sure if it would or would not apply to Hughes as well. Better left to some of the more learned on constitutional law who prowl the forum. I would hope it would but surely they would find some cop out that says it does not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The Supreme Court has stated in the past that they will not get involved in the internal workings of the congress in how they vote or legislate in regards on how bills get voted on.  that being said, since the Senate was still in "session" and Obama proceeded in sitting members to the NLRB and the new consumer protection bureau; if this goes to the Supreme Court hears this case and rules that the Senate was not really in session and this was a ruse to prevent Obama from sitting the foresaid members to the NLRB and the CPA and ruled that the senate was actually not in session, and allows that the members are seated would this open the door to attack the Hughes amendment to be invalid since the vote was not correctly entered into the congressional record and was not actually passed?

This is a battle between branches of government, the issue of the Hughes Amendment involves a matter internal to one of the branches of government.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:21:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not that guy, most if not all gun control laws are bad and unconstitutional in my eyes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top