Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2002 1:56:10 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me if this stock is OK to put on a post ban AR?
It's 7 1/2 inches i believe.It's the top one I am talking about.
[img]http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/tacticalbstck.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the two above.  Yes, you can do this as long as the overall length is not under 26".

medcop
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]
So those are post-ban legal, and it looks like they're about the same size as a collapsed telestock. But, real collapsible stocks are illegal on a post-ban. [rolleyes]

Edited to add that a liberal I work with heard me complaining about this collapsible stock being illegal deal, and told me it was (of course) to keep children from being able to shoot them. As I suspected, the law only is there so that I can't have a cool looking AR unless I want to spend an extra $500 for a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I must disagree on one point.  Collapsable stocks are not illegal on post ban guns any more than a pistol grip is.  It is the combination that you have them in.  You can buy an ATF classified "non-pistol grip" - and yes, they do exist - and put a collapsable stock on a post ban.  As for the post ban law, you can have a detachable magazine and "one" other bad feature.  Bad features are collapsable/folding stock, bayonet lug, pistol grip, flash suppressor.  I may have missed one or two evil items, but those are the big ones.  The standard configuration is pistol grip and detachable magazine.  I'm not trying to split hairs, but there is a way to have a  collapsable stock on a post ban AR.  Gogogadgets.net has "non-pistol grips".  Are they great, no, but you have the stock you want.  It's all in what you really want and what you'll give up to get it.

Sorry so long,
jd1  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So those are post-ban legal, and it looks like they're about the same size as a collapsed telestock. But, real collapsible stocks are illegal on a post-ban. [rolleyes]

Edited to add that a liberal I work with heard me complaining about this collapsible stock being illegal deal, and told me it was (of course) to keep children from being able to shoot them. As I suspected, the law only is there so that I can't have a cool looking AR unless I want to spend an extra $500 for a pre-ban.
View Quote

The irony!  Did you tell him that most kids playing with their dad's ar15 aren't shouldering the rifle before popping a cap in their little brother?  Even better yet, did you tell him that ar15's have never been accidentally discharged where a child was the shooter and killed someone?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you ask him exactly HOW a non-collapsible stocked gun is impossible for a child to shoot?
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Even better yet, did you tell him that ar15's have never been accidentally discharged where a child was the shooter and killed someone?
View Quote

$10 bucks says he will answer that with :

[red]See the law is working !!![/red]

[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I must disagree on one point. Collapsable stocks are not illegal on post ban guns any more than a pistol grip is. It is the combination that you have them in. You can buy an ATF classified "non-pistol grip" - and yes, they do exist - and put a collapsable stock on a post ban. As for the post ban law, you can have a detachable magazine and "one" other bad feature. Bad features are collapsable/folding stock, bayonet lug, pistol grip, flash suppressor. I may have missed one or two evil items, but those are the big ones. The standard configuration is pistol grip and detachable magazine. I'm not trying to split hairs, but there is a way to have a collapsable stock on a post ban AR. Gogogadgets.net has "non-pistol grips". Are they great, no, but you have the stock you want. It's all in what you really want and what you'll give up to get it.

Sorry so long,
jd1
View Quote

I just looked at that and [puke]  
I'll take the fixed stock and pistol grip any day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top