Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 1:27:49 PM EDT
She drove over to the golf course by her work. The golf course was closed for the day but they let other companies use the lot.  She saw three men; two black and a Hispanic got out and then used this big slim jim tool to break into a car.  She didn't get out of her car, she was too scared. Good move on her part. She waited until they left, then went on her walk, then as she came back walking they came back and drove next to the car.  They were waiting for her to leave, so she walked nervously back to her car, got in, drove past their cars and wrote down their license plates and the made of the car they broke into.

She doesn't have a cell phone, so she high tailed it back to work; called the police. They came over, got her report, went back and sure enough a ladies purse was stolen. She gave the police detailed description of the perps and the vehicles they were in.

Hopefully they nail the fuckers. Since the police have the license plate numbers and detailed descriptions is it a sure thing they'll get nabbed?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]

dibs on vibrators

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics of mom aren't working  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

dibs on vibrators

They are all yours buddy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, she witnessed a  purse being stolen. Switch the lasers from stun to kill and I'll call the terminator.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

dibs on vibrators

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
She will be fine, I probably would avoid that park for a while and start carrying a cell phone.

As far is the plate, if its a good plate number it still doesn't mean the guys will get tracked down.  Dirtbags like to use stolen or borrowed cars, they never tranfer the titles and it doesn't mean the registered owner is the one who committed the theft.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt she's got anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She drove over to the golf course by her work. The golf course was closed for the day but they let other companies use the lot.  She saw three men; two black and a Hispanic got out and then used this big slim jim tool to break into a car.  She didn't get out of her car, she was too scared. Good move on her part. She waited until they left, then went on her walk, then as she came back walking they came back and drove next to the car.  They were waiting for her to leave, so she walked nervously back to her car, got in, drove past their cars and wrote down their license plates and the made of the car they broke into.

She doesn't have a cell phone, so she high tailed it back to work; called the police. They came over, got her report, went back and sure enough a ladies purse was stolen. She gave the police detailed description of the perps and the vehicles they were in.

Hopefully they nail the fuckers. Since the police have the license plate numbers and detailed descriptions is it a sure thing they'll get nabbed?

nope, just that will get them bolo'd and questioned, but even if arrested, likely be out next business day after first appearance.

she should carry a cell, even if its a burner phone.  also, if they are breaking into cars for $, they probably aren't smart enough to use the info that they have.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
It depends.  If the thieves are among this lineup she'll probably be fine.

On the other hand, if it was this guy she's completely screwed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope, just that will get them bolo'd and questioned, but even if arrested, likely be out next business day after first appearance.

she should carry a cell, even if its a burner phone.  also, if they are breaking into cars for $, they probably aren't smart enough to use the info that they have.

That's my thought on the matter as well. Thanks for .02 cents! Regarding the other comments, I expect thing less from GD
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No more walking at that park. Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

dibs on vibrators

Stay classy.

To the OP.  Not worried.  They are going to stay far away, since your mother can identify them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It depends.  If the thieves are among this lineup http://www.crystalmethaddiction.org/templates/images/CrystalMethAddiction.org/Crystal%20Meth%20Effects%20on%20users.jpg she'll probably be fine.

On the other hand, if it was this guy http://www.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/17197966-17197969-large.jpg she's completely screwed.

+1

99.87% of thieves want no chance of confronting anyone that could get them caught.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Watch a crime in progress, then completely ignore it and go about her daily business.  Nice.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dibs on vibrators

Stay classy.

To the OP.  Not worried.  They are going to stay far away, since your mother can identify them.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch a crime in progress, then completely ignore it and go about her daily business.  Nice.

I had similar thoughts.  If I saw a crime in progress I wouldn't wait for them to finish then go for a walk.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I am bit confused. She watched a crime, then waited until they left and then went for her walk?????  How could she have possibly known that they wouldn't turn around and come back when she was walking somewhere alone and ambush her? She was lucky they only watched her... for the moment. A lot of  .

I would tell her to GTFO as soon as she saw the crime being committed and call the popo. BTW, how old is she?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

dibs on vibrators

How uncouth
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dibs on vibrators

How uncouth

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am bit confused. She watched a crime, then waited until they left and then went for her walk?????  How could she have possibly known that they wouldn't turn around and come back when she was walking somewhere alone and ambush her? She was lucky they only watched her... for the moment. A lot of  .

I would tell her to GTFO as soon as she saw the crime being committed and call the popo. BTW, how old is she?

I know I gave her an earful about this. She has a big heart, but she isn't the brightest person in the world. She's VERY lucky. They got a good look glance at her; they basically waited for her to leave before entering the car. She's in her 60's.

Illinois sucks too, can't CC, can only have a knife up to 4" in length, yet perps run around not giving two shits about the laws they break. Sad part is it happened in Northbrook; which is a VERY wealthy area.

Regarding the vibrator comment. I LOL'd but c'mon now.

GD these days reminds me of a fantastic starwars episode 4 quote:

Obi-Wan: "Mos Eisley spaceport: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top