Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 1:01:53 PM EDT
Many of you have expressed support for the Israeli victims of Arab terror attacks, and I am hopeful that some of you will want to express that support in a concrete way.

Among Jews, it is traditional to give sweets to those afflicted by sadness, as a reminder that, no matter how sad it may be at the moment, life can and will be sweet again.  Along those lines, a company called Fly-a-Cake is offering to send baskets of sweets to those in hospital with injuries suffered during the bomb attacks.  This is a non profit thing for them, and the only access I've found to the offer is thru The Jerusalem Post website:
 [url]jpost.com[/url]

If you'll scroll down the Post cover page, about 2/3 of the way down you'll see a small box headed;"Show You Care". Clicking on the box will get you to the site.  Going directly to the Fly-a-Cake website doesn't work. All it shows is their general merchandise.

On the order info page, there's a place for you to enter a personal message.  My own message was a combination of two ancient Hebrew sayings, which someone else might also wish to use:  Am Yisroel Chai (The people of Israel Live) and Dahm Yisroel Noke'am (The Blood of Israel will be Avenged). Feel free to use either or both; or put in whatever you feel.

A word about the donation amounts.  Hebrew does not have a separate number system; numbers are created by combining letters of the alphabet. As it happens, the number 18 is also the Hebrew word "Life" (Chai) so donations are often made in multiples of 18, and that will explain the dollar figures you'll see on the site.  Donations can be as little as $9.

I hope that some of you will choose to show your support for the Israelis in this concrete way.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Many of you have expressed support for the Israeli victims of Arab terror attacks, and I am hopeful that some of you will want to express that support in a concrete way.

View Quote

I am.

I'm paying with my tax dollars to re-build the "concrete" buildings they died in.

Course, thanks to my gov't, I'm ALSO paying to rebuild the concrete building they are bulldozing over in the West Bank.

Kinda like the Costner movie "Field of Screams."

"If you wreck it, we will pay."

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im glad to see your changing your attitude about Israel now garandman.
Looks like we are starting to successfully re-educate you on your views about our support for Israel.
God will bless you now.
.[:D]
View Quote

God will bless me when you edit my posts????

I like it. I say whatever I want, you edit it to conform with Israels likes, and God blesses me.

WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS EARLIER????

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I will edit your post from now on as I see fit.
Your most welcome.[:D]
View Quote

That wasn't the deal.

I gotta get God's blessings outta this as well, or no free editing for you.

garand(MyLawyerWillBeCalling)man [}:D]

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]
G-----CHILD:
LOOK IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HELP FINE.  BUT STAY THE HELL OFF AN APPEAL TO DO SOMETHING NICE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THEIR BODIES TORN UP BY BALL BEARINGS AND NAILS!

Furthermore,you know damn good and well that the only aid that Israel gets from us any more is for military equipment, and the vast bulk of that is spent right here in the States.  We don't buy them buildings and we damn sure aren't paying the medical bills for those victims.

I thank G-d that the vast majority of Christians aren't like you. I don't know where your hatred comes from but I hope you'll take it to some other thread to express. And please don't try to run that, "It's my taxes I'm upset about" crap.  The only time you use it is when it's going to Israel.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
G-----CHILD:
LOOK IF YOU DON"T WANT TO HELP FINE.  BUT STAY THE HELL OFF AN APPEAL TO DO SOMETHING NICE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THEIR BODIES TORN UP BY BALL BEARINGS AND NAILS!

View Quote

Don't forget to spank ilikelegs for joining in with me.

IF you really want to yell at me for thread hijacking.

If you just want to spank me for disagreeing with you, then don't bother with ilikelegs (as you didn't bother in your original post.)

[rolleyes]

Shoot son, I'm keepin yer thread up where everyone can see it, instead of it dropping into obscurity .

That's pretty  "Christian" of me, right????

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
iliklegs,
The reason I didn't hit on you was because you were just responding to the other guy. Any way, I appreciate the apology, and as far as keeping the thread up top I can type "btt" as well as anyone.

Y'all have a nice day. I'm going to supper.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#12]
BTT

Especially for those of you who were at ETH's shindig, and off the site for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I am as staunch a supporter of Isreal as anybody I know.

Still, I am EXTREMELY bothered by the term "Arab Terror."

That is the kind of collectivist thinking we absulutely DO NOT need theses days.

Know your enemies. I have served alongside many Arabs from various countries who are definitely not terrorists. There are also many Arabs who are Americans.

The Isrealis are repeatendly being attacked by a group af fanatical Palestinian terrorists. Even accusing all Palestinians is too broad of a stroke - accusing all Arabs is a bit ridiculous.

Unofortunately, the odds are more and more Palestinians will be supporting terrorism.  Isreali retaliation (as would any military retaliation) unfortunately only serves to add weight to the recruitment propaganda and rhetoric of the fanatics. The only news anyone heres around there is the news the terrorists want them to here. Being locked down in your neighborhood makes it really easy to believe anything someone tells you about the Army and the country lcoking you down. Think about it.

Adam

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:26:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, at the risk of crapping up my own thread with irrelevant hairsplitting, I did not say that all Arabs were terrorists, and if you look at what I did write, it was Arab TERROR ATTACKS. Are the attacks not terrorist? Are the perpetrators not Arab?  

If you're such a good friend of Israel, why don't you post a message telling me that you've sent the funds to help cheer up someone who is laying in a hospital bed with ball bearings and machine screws blown into his or her body. Then if you want to ACCURATELY quote me and take issue with something, I'll pay some attention.  Til then, kindly piss off [:D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:35:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am.

I'm paying with my tax dollars to re-build the "concrete" buildings they died in.

Course, thanks to my gov't, I'm ALSO paying to rebuild the concrete building they are bulldozing over in the West Bank.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

I'm a U.S. taxpayer and I pay every damn day for the sorry Israeli terrorist government and the sorry Palestinian terrorist government.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

I'm a U.S. taxpayer and I pay every damn day for the sorry Israeli terrorist government and the sorry Palestinian terrorist government.
View Quote

You forgot to mention also the "terrorist" USA govt., dude...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

---------------------------------------------

Not exactly sure what you're getting at here ........... ???
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Well, well Paolo !!!  Finally your European we-hate-America persona comes shinning through.

If Hati should attack Italy, give the U.S. a call [b]before[/b] you surrender.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am as staunch a supporter of Isreal as anybody I know.

Still, I am EXTREMELY bothered by the term "Arab Terror."

That is the kind of collectivist thinking we absulutely DO NOT need theses days.

View Quote

Why don't you look and find some of those others besides the Arabs
that are terrorising Israel with human bombs.
This particular thread is about the Israeli situation.
Not those around the world that all muslim extremist's are doing in the name od Islam.
Just the ones in Israel.
Now,
Care to re word your post now ?

View Quote

No, I don't care to reword my post.
[url=http://www.kimsoft.com/kr-mass.htm]This link[/url] is yet one example from a different perspective of what happens when you refuse to accept that the world is made up of individuals, not collective autonomous groups.

As long as one side keeps talking about "Arab Terrorists" and the other side keeps talking about "Isreali Murderers" the bodies will just keep piling up. If you think that every Isreali soldier acted with perfect honor on these recent military actions and that no innocent Palestinians were affected, you need to get out more.

Do you have any idea how many words from "terrorist" to "murderer" are used on a daily basis in the rest of the world with "American" as the adjective? Does this not bother you?

Adam
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Adam White -

Thanks for a voice of common sense.

You'll soon be accused of hijacking this thread.

Take it from someone who knows.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Well, well Paolo !!!  Finally your European we-hate-America persona comes shinning through.

View Quote

No, the anti-american hater is YOU...

And you adopted double standards in judging a situation: USA (rightfully) can return a infamous terror attack with military response. Israel has no this right, otherwise became "terrorist" (Please, notice that I adopted QUOTATION MARKS also on my previous statement... or your [s]antisemitism[/s] politically correctness made you blindfolded?) government. Or both governments have the right to military response to terror or both, american and israeli, are "terroristic";

For the ar15 people that knows me, I am all but USA hater. The US Flag I bought in Tel Aviv, manifestating with thousands of Israelis solidariety and anger for the 9-11 attack is still waving in my home, while other people, in Middle East and in Europe and secretely even in USA, were dancing of joy for the assault.

Maybe I put you in a corner and nailed...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There will be no peace there until one side is wiped out completely.
So I cheer for the Israeli's every time they kick ass.
And I use the term ARABS as in all of them.
If you want to get hung up on the %2 of the Arab community
that is peacefull go ahead.
View Quote

Let the record show that ilikedeath has just advocated the annihilation of 98% of all Arabs, the world over.

While I have NEVER advocated the death of a single Jewish person. EVER. Nor will I.

Just wanted to clear that up. For the record....

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So ? [devil]
View Quote

It was FOR THE RECORD, to give you a chance to deny that you wish to see the virtual annihilation of the Arab race.

Often, people throw at me what company I am in in terms of what I beleive. (The legitimacy of such a tactic is indeed  questionable.)

Do you understand what company you are in, with your annihilation mantra????

I have NEVER advocatd the death of a SINGLE Jewish person. Yet I have been called a "hater" among other things.

I just thought a contrast would be beneficial for all to see.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You know I don't for the record want any type of race killed off.
So that's for the record for ya.
View Quote

OK. I misunderstood then. It sure sounded that way, as only  NOW you qualify your statement. I apologize for my inability to read your mind. [:D]

I do think the religion of ISLAM should be exterminated though.
View Quote

Intersting qualification.

let's do some math.

For simplicity, let's assume ALL Arabs are at least marginally Islaamic. You used the figger of 2% before, as being NOT responsible or sympathetic with terrorist attcks, and something another poster (in this thread) should NOT get "hung up" on.

Since there are some 70 million Arabs in the world today , if we take 2% (your number) and view their extermination as something NOT to get "hung up" on (your words) them you have just killed off 1.4 million INNOCENT Arabs.

Making you policy about 1/4 as  bad as the Holocasut.

Which, even mathematically, is STILL pretty bad.

And what are you gonna do - ASK them if they are Islaamic??? Yeah, GOOD plan.

[rolleyes]

Does that sound more PC for you ?
I hope it measures up to your moral opinion.[:D]
View Quote

No. It STILL sounds like genocide. And tells me in 50 years, we'll be "bearing all this moral guilt" for the exterminated Arabs similar to what  we are now for SOMEBODY ELSE exterminating Jews , if you get your way.

Personally, I'd like to STOP the politicization and abuse of third party guilt in America as a justification for forerign policy, and theft of MY tax dollars.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I say we send the victims of Arab terror the heads of the Arabs who perpetrated the terror, as well as the heads of all the terrorist's family members.

Sorry, but my rage against these people is still fresh, especially after finding out last week that children [b]were[/b] murdered by these heathen on 9/11.

No fate is "too bad" for these barbarians...
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

[b][i]ROTFLMAO![/b][/i] I could just picture it, too!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And when God comes back on judgement day, these Islamic asswipes are gonna be exterminated
as well. So are you going to tell God what a nazi he is ?

Gods going to want to hear from you why you were against
his people ( the Chosen Israeli's ). Not The Cheeroke indians, or any other race, its the Israeli's.
As stated in the Bible which we both read.

Its time you started cheering for the home team garandman.
View Quote

Not gonna dignify any of this with a response.

AT least any more than I have PREVIOSULY addressed it.

Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And when God comes back on judgement day, these Islamic asswipes are gonna be exterminated
as well. So are you going to tell God what a nazi he is ?

Gods going to want to hear from you why you were against
his people ( the Chosen Israeli's ). Not The Cheeroke indians, or any other race, its the Israeli's.
As stated in the Bible which we both read.

Its time you started cheering for the home team garandman.
View Quote

I would submit, sir, that when the Almighty returns (and He WILL return!), he will judge us on how we defended the innocent against the wicked. You can say that the Israelis are "good" and the Arabs are "evil", and on the face of it, I would agree. But to propose that God will save those who stand up for Israel regardless of how evil Israel may be acting is sheer foolishness, and presumptious to boot.

I support Israel in the current crisis, but I believe that God will say, "I commend you for supporting Good over Evil" rather than saying, "I commend you for supporting the Jews over the Arabs".

My .223...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top