Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 5:49:58 AM EDT
I know they were originally Beretta's and Beretta moved them over to the Stoeger Subsidiary....made in Turkey on the original equipment.

Does anyone have (or just shot) one?

What do you think of it??
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I got one for the wife. Fit and finish is better than I expected. There are a lot of good reviews out there on it if you look around. IIRC, there are a few threads on it in the Handgun forum.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
A buddy in the late 90s had an original .40 Beretta Cougar. It was very accurate but, had to be run very wet and was very finicky with ammunition.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The Cougar's are a great value for an alloy framed pistol. I like the more proportional looks of the compact.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A buddy in the late 90s had an original .40 Beretta Cougar. It was very accurate but, had to be run very wet and was very finicky with ammunition.

I had the exact same pistol, around 2000. I had the same issues described. I sold it the next day after having multiple FTF and FTE with regular old white box winchester. Nice pistol, just didn't shoot like I needed it to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#5]
It suffers from the same problem that most Berettas suffer from.  It's a big-assed gun for the number of rounds it carries.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Beretta Cougar in .40.  It has given me no issues.  I do not know if the Stoeger version is of the same quality.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one in 9mm.  It was my first pistol and was great.  Probably 1,000 rounds through it with no malfunctions and was accurate.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an old Beretta Cougar in .45APC that I liked a lot other than the number of rounds, so when the Stoeger versions came out I picked up a 9MM.  The 9 was also a good shooter and I have now picked up the 45ACP with the rail.  I shot both my Stoegers and carry them on occasion.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#9]
If they said "made in Italy" you'd think they were Beretta's.  Those rotating barrels need to be kept lubed though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a Beretta Cougar in .40.  It has given me no issues.  I do not know if the Stoeger version is of the same quality.

Same,  Stoeger Cougar .40.  No Issues . 2001 model . Fine pistol.  Should have purchased the 9mm also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top